Supreme Court troll

Scalia interview]
Antonin Scalia made some remarks during an interview recently that sound much like the believers that occasionally pop up on at atheist forums. He started talking about he reality of the Devil and became defensive when the interviewer started looking at him funny. His defense was “Hey, c’mon, that’s standard Catholic doctrine! Every Catholic believes that.” and to explain why we don’t here much from the devil these days, it’s that he has become “wilier”, by doing fewer obviously devilish actions, he is encouraging non-belief in hell and therefore heaven. Brilliant!
I expect this sort of logic from someone who just bought a computer stumbled on facts that don’t fit their worldview, but this is a Supreme Court Justice. The modern problem of being able to isolate yourself from others and create a bubble of reality that you then project on the rest of the world is worse than I thought.

Scalia interview] Antonin Scalia made some remarks during an interview recently that sound much like the believers that occasionally pop up on at atheist forums. He started talking about he reality of the Devil and became defensive when the interviewer started looking at him funny. His defense was "Hey, c’mon, that’s standard Catholic doctrine! Every Catholic believes that." and to explain why we don't here much from the devil these days, it's that he has become "wilier", by doing fewer obviously devilish actions, he is encouraging non-belief in hell and therefore heaven. Brilliant! I expect this sort of logic from someone who just bought a computer stumbled on facts that don't fit their worldview, but this is a Supreme Court Justice. The modern problem of being able to isolate yourself from others and create a bubble of reality that you then project on the rest of the world is worse than I thought.
Anything can happen when you have a religious nut in the White House who has the opportunity to appoint a Supreme Court Justice. There are six "devout" Catholics on the court now, and three Jews. Lois