Ryan for Speaker

BREAKING: Rep. Paul Ryan is running for Speaker of the House–but ONLY if Republicans give him an incredibly hypocritical demand: he wants paid family leave for himself.
Seriously. The same Rep. Ryan who repeatedly voted against giving four weeks of paid family leave to workers is demanding that he gets it every week. And that’s only one part of his hypocritical, anti-woman record.
It’s important everyone knows Rep. Ryan’s hypocrisy. If the future Speaker gets paid family leave, so should the rest of American families. Will you share this list with your friends and family?
Sources:

1. Paul Ryan: Just Plain Bad for Women, The New York Daily News, August 13, 2012
  2. Statement on Mitt Romney’s Selection As Rep. Paul Ryan for His Vice-Presidential Running Mate, NARAL Pro-Choice America, August 11, 2012
    Paul Ryan’s Extreme Abortion Views, The Daily Beast, August 11, 2012
  3. Ibid.
  4. Paul Ryan’s Extreme Abortion Views, The Daily Beast, August 11, 2012
    The Ryan Reaction: This Election Is Now about ‘Choice,’ RH Reality Check, August 12, 2012
  5. Paul Ryan, Opponent of Paid Family Leave, Demands Congress Respect His Need for Family Time, The Slot, October 21, 2015
    Final Vote Results for H.R. 5781, House of Representatives Office of The Clerk, accessed October 21, 2015
    Final Vote Results for H.R. 626, House of Representatives Office of The Clerk, accessed October 21, 2015
    Share on Facebook.

You just don’t understand, Lois. Ryan, his fellow Right Wing men and their hirsute, masculine God obviously know what’s better for women than women do. After all, what do women know about anything? They’re women.

You just don't understand, Lois. Ryan, his fellow Right Wing men and their hirsute, masculine God obviously know what's better for women than women do. After all, what do women know about anything? They're women.
Yes, indeed! Lois

Well, historically anyone who takes the speakership has never become a president. This could be the end of Ryan’s political career, and he is arguably one of the relatively short list of GOP members with a plausible future chance at the Oval Office. I say, good to get him out of the way. I don’t think he is going to have an easy ride from the tea nazzis, and the GOP is likely to continue to squander its majority. Also, the GOP primaries (the clown car) for the 2016 presidential race is likely to damage the party overall and they will loose their majority by 2018.
He will be speaker for 2 to 4 miserable years.

Well, historically anyone who takes the speakership has never become a president. This could be the end of Ryan's political career, and he is arguably one of the relatively short list of GOP members with a plausible future chance at the Oval Office. I say, good to get him out of the way. I don't think he is going to have an easy ride from the tea nazzis, and the GOP is likely to continue to squander its majority. Also, the GOP primaries (the clown car) for the 2016 presidential race is likely to damage the party overall and they will loose their majority by 2018. He will be speaker for 2 to 4 miserable years.
It puts him 3rd in line for the presidency, were anything to happen to the POTUS and VPOTUS. Far too close for my comfort. Quirky fact about the US Constitution; the Speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could choose Sarah Palin, and she would be 3rd in line....
Well, historically anyone who takes the speakership has never become a president. This could be the end of Ryan's political career, and he is arguably one of the relatively short list of GOP members with a plausible future chance at the Oval Office. I say, good to get him out of the way. I don't think he is going to have an easy ride from the tea nazzis, and the GOP is likely to continue to squander its majority. Also, the GOP primaries (the clown car) for the 2016 presidential race is likely to damage the party overall and they will loose their majority by 2018. He will be speaker for 2 to 4 miserable years.
It puts him 3rd in line for the presidency, were anything to happen to the POTUS and VPOTUS. Far too close for my comfort. Quirky fact about the US Constitution; the Speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could choose Sarah Palin, and she would be 3rd in line....[/quote Only as long as the GOP has a majority, and he doesn't quit. There are far worse people that could be in that position.
It puts him 3rd in line for the presidency, were anything to happen to the POTUS and VPOTUS. Far too close for my comfort. Quirky fact about the US Constitution; the Speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could choose Sarah Palin, and she would be 3rd in line....[/quote Only as long as the GOP has a majority, and he doesn't quit. There are far worse people that could be in that position. Like who?
It puts him 3rd in line for the presidency, were anything to happen to the POTUS and VPOTUS. Far too close for my comfort. Quirky fact about the US Constitution; the Speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could choose Sarah Palin, and she would be 3rd in line....[/quote Only as long as the GOP has a majority, and he doesn't quit. There are far worse people that could be in that position. Like who?Why the f*ck can't people learn how to post right here? None of you are f*cking new, so get it together. On topic, Hillary is a much worse person who could be in that position.

Hillary is oh so very likely to be our next president because even for the people who don’t really like her, she is clearly the lesser evil of anyone running. Bernie Sanders would be a game changer, but he is not well known enough. I hope that his candidacy forces Hillary to at least talk about getting special interests and big money out of politics. Unfortunately, I think it will take a major calamity before we really do anything about that.
PS mid atlantic got caught in that trap as well, didn’t he?

It puts him 3rd in line for the presidency, were anything to happen to the POTUS and VPOTUS. Far too close for my comfort. Quirky fact about the US Constitution; the Speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could choose Sarah Palin, and she would be 3rd in line....[/quote Only as long as the GOP has a majority, and he doesn't quit. There are far worse people that could be in that position. Like who?Why the f*ck can't people learn how to post right here? None of you are f*cking new, so get it together. On topic, Hillary is a much worse person who could be in that position. Hillary could never have been Speaker of the House. Why don't YOU get it together and learn to think before you post? While you're at it, learn how the US government is set up. Lois
Why the f*ck can't people learn how to post right here? None of you are f*cking new, so get it together. On topic, Hillary is a much worse person who could be in that position.
Pot, meet kettle.

Although the Constitution doesn’t address the issue, the Speaker of the House has traditionally been chosen from that body by a Roll call vote from the entire House, including the Democrats. It’s a tradition, and every Speaker has been chosen from the membership so it isn’t at all likely that a non member would be chosen even if Ryan turned the position down. So, no Newt Gingrich and Hillary wouldn’t want it.
Cap’t Jack

Although the Constitution doesn't address the issue, the Speaker of the House has traditionally been chosen from that body by a Roll call vote from the entire House, including the Democrats. It's a tradition, and every Speaker has been chosen from the membership so it isn't at all likely that a non member would be chosen even if Ryan turned the position down. So, no Newt Gingrich and Hillary wouldn't want it. Cap't Jack
I know of no instance where the Speaker was not a member of the House--certainly not a Senator or a member of the cabinet. Do you? Who in his right mind would want it, anyway? Lois
I know of no instance where the Speaker was not a member of the House—certainly not a Senator or a member of the cabinet. Do you? Who in his right mind would want it, anyway?
No, all Speakers were chosen from the House from Mulenburg to Ryan. It's a very powerful position and the Speaker has the power to introduce the bills although he may choose not to, it's at his discretion. That's why a cabal of conservative Republicans want to alter the structure to allow for more individual participation in how the bills are chosen in order for them to be passed more quickly to the committees. They of course have ulterior motives as this would lead to more control by a small group with an axe to grind. I say leave it as it is. Can't Jack
Although the Constitution doesn't address the issue, the Speaker of the House has traditionally been chosen from that body by a Roll call vote from the entire House, including the Democrats. It's a tradition, and every Speaker has been chosen from the membership so it isn't at all likely that a non member would be chosen even if Ryan turned the position down. So, no Newt Gingrich and Hillary wouldn't want it. Cap't Jack
I know of no instance where the Speaker was not a member of the House--certainly not a Senator or a member of the cabinet. Do you? Who in his right mind would want it, anyway? Lois No, it has never happened....but it could.
It puts him 3rd in line for the presidency, were anything to happen to the POTUS and VPOTUS. Far too close for my comfort. Quirky fact about the US Constitution; the Speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress. They could choose Sarah Palin, and she would be 3rd in line....[/quote Only as long as the GOP has a majority, and he doesn't quit. There are far worse people that could be in that position. Like who?Why the f*ck can't people learn how to post right here? None of you are f*cking new, so get it together. Speak for yourself. I have no idea what you are talking about. On topic, Hillary is a much worse person who could be in that position. Except she couldn't be in that position, never having been a member of the House, even if technically possible. The House has always chosen one of its own.