Republicans Face Test Of Honor, Integrity (Sept/Oct 2020)

@sree

It’s all about politics in accordance with the Constitution. It’s unfortunate that you have lost faith in the way the US Government operates. The decent thing to do is to either renounce your citizenship or stay away from politics.

No the descent thing to do is VOTE. Renouncing my citizen would be difficult since I was born and raised in the U.S. and now that the dotard has destroyed the U.S. no other country wants U.S. people in their country. The only option is to VOTE. Don’t boo, VOTE.

Integrity and hypocrisy brought up by Booker? Or any other Dem? What do we remember about Russian collusion? What do we remember about the Kavanaugh hearings? What do we remember about the impeachment? If there is anyone out there who really believes the Dems wouldn’t do exactly what the Repubs are going to do if the roles were reversed, please get help. And soon.

Oh yes, and how does the threat of “packing the court” contribute to ones idea of integrity?

please get help -- Bob
Nice to see you again Bob. Thanks for the reminder that there are people out there who can look at just about anything and make whatever conclusion they want about it. You do know that a REPUBLICAN committee validated the reports of Russian interference, right?

@ibelieveinlogic

Integrity and hypocrisy brought up by Booker? Or any other Dem? What do we remember about Russian collusion? What do we remember about the Kavanaugh hearings? What do we remember about the impeachment? If there is anyone out there who really believes the Dems wouldn’t do exactly what the Repubs are going to do if the roles were reversed, please get help. And soon.

Oh yes, and how does the threat of “packing the court” contribute to ones idea of integrity?

Of course they would, but I can live with what they say they want to do. I cannot live with what the dotard et al say they want to do and are doing. I’m not so sure that the Dems would start doing eugenics like the dotard and his cronies are doing though. Packing the Supreme Court- sure, but I can live with legal abortion and other things they say they want to do for U.S. citizens. I can live with them wanting to use science, as Biden says he’d do, to fight COVID-19. Etc etc etc

@mriana

No the descent thing to do is VOTE.
How can you tell yourself that the decent thing to do is VOTE when you believe that there is systemic injustice and you have no regard for those who won't vote along with you? This is like being a party in an immoral relationship.
when you believe that there is systemic injustice and you have no regard for those who won’t vote along with you? -- Sree
What?
how does the threat of “packing the court” contribute to ones idea of integrity?
The Dems probably won't expand the number of Justices, in order to make up for being SCREWED OVER TWICE by the RepugLIARS who don't give a flip about integrity, or honor, or truth, or fair play, or government working for the people.

The Dems do care about that stuff, because it makes govt work better for all. But the RepugLIARS care only about expanding the autocratic powers of the tRump. But expanding the # of SCOTUS Justices could lead to an escalating cold war, in which each party does this when they control the Congress (esp. the Senate) and the presidency at the same time. Joe Biden does not want such a scenario to play out.

However, I suggest that when faced with “RepugLIARS who don’t give a flip about integrity, or honor, or truth, or fair play, or government working for the people.” then it becomes necessary, at times, to go against the grain of ones values, because the corrupt RepugLIARS leave no alternative.

What do we remember about Russian collusion?
Obviously you only remember BS propaganda, disinformation. Mueller never even looked closely at what this administration did with the Russians. This administration was all wrapped up with the Russians, and probably still is. If you paid attention to info that leaks out of this RepugLIAR tRump administration, and honestly interpreted it, you would come to the conclusion that the Russians have, ALL ALONG, been trying in various sophisticated ways to promote the tRump being in power. AND you would know that the tRump admin has known this all along. And you would know that this has been encouraged by the tRump administration. The only way that the tRumpers can get away with this LIE and cover-up, is to come up with the ill-defined word "collusion", and to say that there was "no collusion". 2 problems with that BS are:
  1. The Mueller investigation NEVER (despite the expectations that it would) never investigated potential criminal behavior by the tRump with theRussians).

2. The word “collusion” is so vague in its possible meaning, the RepugLIARS can easily declare that there was none of it.

Why do you thing the Russians are so committed to that? I say it’s because they want what is WORST for our society.

AND meanwhile, the RepugLIARS are also punk useful idiots of the Russians.

@sree

How can you tell yourself that the decent thing to do is VOTE when you believe that there is systemic injustice and you have no regard for those who won’t vote along with you? This is like being a party in an immoral relationship.

If one doesn’t vote none of this will change. It will stay the same. As for an immoral relationship, that’s the Repugs, otherwise I’m not sure what you’re talking about there. We get the Repugs out and eventually add all the parties that are in the U.S. to the docket, then the system will start to improve. This country does have more than two parties, but if you attempt to vote for anything but Dem or Repug, then you currently waste your vote. Hopefully, we’ll one day have all the parties, even in Congress so that the power doesn’t lie with only one party. To make those changes though, we have start by voting and hope our votes are not thrown out. Plus, if you don’t vote then you can’t complain about the two parties, so I vote and it’s always been Dem, so I can rag on the disgustingly crook Repugs.

@lausten

What?

That’s what I said too when I read it. You just have to shake your head and just realize it’s SNAFU with Sree.

Cruz, Rubio and McConnell created the code, that they are now breaking.
Which code is that?
Then when the Dems gain the Presidency AND the Senate, the “masculine” thing to do would be to use that raw power to change the SCOTUS # of Justices to eleven.

But no, that is not masculine enough. They should change the number of Justices to FIFTEEN. That would give the newly masculine Dems a 9 to 6 supermajority in the SCOTUS.

Dems will be back in the WH at some point and of course a democrat president is going to pick democrat justice, that’s how it always works. When the ball is in ones court one must do as much as they can with it.

Which code is that?

They said a supreme court justice should not be selected in an election year

Nice to see you again Bob. Thanks for the reminder that there are people out there who can look at just about anything and make whatever conclusion they want about it.
Thank you. Glad to have the time to be with you again. Best I can tell nothing here has changed. Nice to know I'm needed.
You do know that a REPUBLICAN committee validated the reports of Russian interference, right?
Are you really equating collusion and interference? That sort of trickery doesn't become you.

Which code is that?

Are you really equating collusion and interference – bob

Are you really playing with words when your democracy is at stake?

Dems will be back in the WH at some point and of course a democrat president is going to pick democrat justice, that’s how it always works. When the ball is in ones court one must do as much as they can with it.
For a smart guy, you really come to a lot of bogus conclusions.

You think that today’s RepugLIARS’ politics is business as usual???

Look around, Einstein. We have been set up by 4 yrs of the tRump, to be at each other’s throats, like I have never seen in my considerable lifetime. We are on the precipice of the tRump stealing the coming election and thereby consolidating his non-stop efforts to draw all power to himself. You have denied your own sensory and information processing abilities that would otherwise show you that the tRump has been only about his number 1 priority of staying in power more than 1 term, while he has continually undermined our institutions and Constitutional checks on his power. You would recognize that he intends to become the nation’s first Dictator, and that he will STEAL the coming election if he can, in order to make that happen.

The tRump threat to our democratic republic is existential and clear and present.

@timb not only that, but the dotard et al are a clear and present danger to the U.S.

For a smart guy, you really come to a lot of bogus conclusions.

You think that today’s RepugLIARS’ politics is business as usual???

Look around, Einstein. We have been set up by 4 yrs of the tRump, to be at each other’s throats, like I have never seen in my considerable lifetime. We are on the precipice of the tRump stealing the coming election and thereby consolidating his non-stop efforts to draw all power to himself. You have denied your own sensory and information processing abilities that would otherwise show you that the tRump has been only about his number 1 priority of staying in power more than 1 term, while he has continually undermined our institutions and Constitutional checks on his power. You would recognize that he intends to become the nation’s first Dictator, and that he will STEAL the coming election if he can, in order to make that happen.

The tRump threat to our democratic republic is existential and clear and present.

Yeah, we’ve heard this paranoid nonsense over and over again. I suppose you’ve got to give your empty life meaning somehow.

If so that is definitely hypocrisy. Tough s***.