Political Honesty

TimB.

Winning the 2016 election may, eventually, turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to him. It certainly has been among the worst things that has ever happened to our country.

I think that is the opinion of the upper caste. And you are right. Trump has not helped the upper caste that much. He has even hurt the upper caste’s status a lot. Where he has help is the lower caste. He is a hero to the lower caste. The upper caste’s power is over the lower caste. Do you feel the poorer people are not wanting to do what you tell them and vote for who you tell them to vote for?

Point being. Your elite country and the poor working people’s country are two different pathways for the county.

Lausten, this is so simple. I can’t believe you are even asking the question.

Detaining children.

One. Are we a country built on the Rules of Law? Yes or No.

Two. Does America have an open-door policy? Yes or No.

Three. Do we detain people who break the law? Yes or No.

Of course we are a nation of laws. There are bunch of laws that protect children from such cruelty and protect people fleeing violence from being treated like violent criminals. By the way, the violence in their countries was caused by US government policies and interventions.

The rest of your post requires too much education for you.

Currently the US has a president who seems to believe the rights set out in the constitution are optional.

Patrick

I got it. Obama good, Trump bad.

You can have that opinion. How much of the 9B of Obama’s debt are you going to pay?

Yea, open door policies are nice. We take people in, give them money, housing, schooling, food and full medical.

How many people in America slept outside on the streets last night? How many need food and medical?

Lausten, this is so simple. I can’t believe you are even asking the question.

Detaining children.

One. Are we a country built on the Rules of Law? Yes or No.

Two. Does America have an open-door policy? Yes or No.

Three. Do we detain people who break the law? Yes or No.
Of course we are a nation of laws. There are bunch of laws that protect children from such cruelty and protect people fleeing violence from being treated like violent criminals. By the way, the violence in their countries was caused by US government policies and interventions.

The rest of your post requires too much education for you.

Your good at dancing. the violence in their countries was caused by US government policies and interventions. And that is the answer to the question of (coherent notions of justice and human rights.) Every president has done what is politically coherently good policy. Now look at what we have to deal with. Trump does not seem to be coherent with what is acceptable political policies. And he is turning the country around for the better. The come to Jesus political steps are badly needed.

No Mike, stop inserting your own fantasy - being a Fraud = Bad!

Ironically, a few days ago I wrote a letter to the an editor, that’s a response to a local silly guy, but it’ll work just as well for responding to your fantasizing.

Explaining Why Liberals Despise Trump

I was reading our local weekly, the Durango Telegraph, and came across a letter from an old letter-to-editor sparing mate. His words hit me at the right moment, since I’ve been wondering about how that ~35% of Trump believers can justify their steadfast faith in that transparent con-artist. So rather than my assigned task I spent today’s free time trying to enunciate why many of us find Trump so unpalatable. Then I couldn’t resist weaving nearly seventy links into the lines. Stories and resources for the curious - explore those hot links. … https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com/2019/05/explaining-why-liberals-despise-trump.html

Mike: One. Are we a country built on the Rules of Law? Yes or No.
Perhaps you can explain that to your Führer Trump, before lecturing us.

PS https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com/2019/05/explaining-why-liberals-despise-trump.html

Lausten,

The President’s job is to enforce the Rules of Law.

Congress is to make the laws. Trump is working on enforcing the laws. He wants the laws fixed by congress. Congress will not do their job. HUD is going to kick over 55,000 illegal children out of HUD housing because it is against the law for them to be there. Trump will be blamed. So, at what point is Trump supposed to break the law with democrats wanting to catch him breaking the laws to start impeachment?

Perhaps you can explain that to your Führer Trump, before lecturing us.

CC, that’s not a lecture. That is a question. And like it or not he is your Fuhrer too. And do to actions like yours he will be for another term.

Mike is so out in some other field with facts and opinions it’s hard to sort out his sarcasm, let alone what he believes or not.

explore those hot links. …
Great link C.

Patrick, Guatanamo bad. No doubt. Obama wanted to close it. Tried to close it. He got most of the inmates out. Congress stopped him to a great extent. The general will of perhaps most Americans, to not have the inmates on the US mainland probably stopped it more than anything.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/obama-failed-close-guantanamo

Political honesty is an oxymoron.

Trump’s job is SUPPOSED to be to enforce the laws. But he acts in opposition to laws that he feels threatened by. He skirts laws that don’t suit what he wants. And his character is such that one can expect that he has and will break laws that he can get away with breaking if it is in his interest. He doesn’t give a flip about the Constitution which he swore to protect. An oath from Trump the Liar Extraordinaire means nothing.