People with nice lives who think they're blessed

The fact that a person has a nice life and is happy does not make them special, “blessed,” or better than anyone else (especially those who are innocent and suffering and are very unhappy). This life is nothing but sheer luck. Therefore, people who do have nice lives and such, all that means is that they are lucky–nothing more.
In truth, nothing is “special” or has any of the value we give it since everything is pure luck and nothing more. If this life were pure choice and allowed us to choose how we wanted to be born (such as how we want our brains and bodies to be and what lives we want to live as well as giving us the choice if we want a God and an afterlife), then that would make this life special with value. But, again, since this life is nothing but sheer luck, that makes this life nothing special with no value whatsoever.
Even the fact that we can make choices in life is a result of sheer luck. For example, some people with depression have the choice of getting better while others are unfortunate and have no choice but to live with it and never get better. For that very reason, I consider this a worthless life since it is nothing but sheer luck and that there is no God or a promised afterlife of eternal joy and perfection in which we can choose whatever we want. I consider this life worthless even despite the fact that you can choose to make the best of it anyway.
My sole reason for being on this Earth was to be a higher badass being by dominating this inferior life of sheer luck and instead creating a superior life of my own in which I have choices of my own and can choose to have as little problems as possible. But this inferior life has instead dominated me by giving me many problems such as depression and anhedonia that is never getting better. So now, at this point, I consider life utterly worthless and my dominating and superior dream of ultimate status and power shattered.
Since this life is sheer luck and there is no God or afterlife in which we can live a superior life of eternal joy in which we have pure choices, I consider not only this life worthless, but also me as a person and everyone else on this planet. In truth, we should all just kill ourselves if we are living a life of suffering because, apparently, we are all going to die in the end anyway and it makes no difference if you were to kill yourself now or die from old age later on anyway. Actually, you would be doing yourself a great favor.
I am a cold-hearted bastard who is presenting the cold harsh truth here. Usually, the cold truth would be from the result of scientific facts of reality. But here, I am presenting the cold truth from a perspective of fantasy (having a life of pure choice and there being a God and afterlife, etc.) and applying that perception to reality despite the fact that I am well aware that fantasy is not real at all. Again, to me, living a life of pure choice is the only thing that would make this life superior and worth living. The idea of there being a God and an afterlife definitely applies here as well since, if there were an afterlife (heaven), you would be able to live a life of pure choices, eternal joy, and badassery (empowerment and superiority over an inferior life of sheer luck).
To me, it doesn’t matter how useful I am now. As long as I am unable to live a life of pure choices and such as well as a promised afterlife, I am inferior. It doesn’t matter how useful I am, as long as I am inferior, this is the reason why I consider myself and life worthless. I am inferior to my ideal self (the person I wish I was which would be me having pure joy/empowerment and living a life of pure choice and such with a promised afterlife as well).

Another Gone With the Wind. I’m not about to bother reading something that’s 611 words long beyond skimming to assure compliance with the forum rules. If you can’t state your ideas is less than, say, 200 words, you haven’t any clear idea what you are thinking. And if you are trying to cover multiple areas, you should split them so they can be discussed one at a time.
Occam

Another Gone With the Wind. I'm not about to bother reading something that's 611 words long beyond skimming to assure compliance with the forum rules. If you can't state your ideas is less than, say, 200 words, you haven't any clear idea what you are thinking. And if you are trying to cover multiple areas, you should split them so they can be discussed one at a time. Occam
How about this. Everyone who has a screed longer than 200 words should write an abstract, like scholarly articles have. The abstract should be less than 100 words. It would be good practice for the person to learn to write succinctly. That way, we can read the abstract and decide if it's worth reading further. http://users.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman/essays/abstract.html Actually these directions are overwritten themselves and could have used an abstract. Lois

Good idea, but I think those who write these megillahs either think they are so important that they must be read in their entirety, or they can’t think in any way that would allow condensing their views.
Occam
had to correct the spelling to the original Yiddish :lol:

Good idea, but I think those who write these megillahs either think they are so important that they must be read in their entirety, or they can't think in any way that would allow condensing their views. Occam had to correct the spelling to the original Yiddish :lol:
Then they deserve to be bypassed and ignored. Lois

At what point does a forum post constitute “a danger to himself and others”? I’m not a licensed therapist so I’m not required by law to report this guy, and I don’t know how to figure out who he is anyway. But if I were, I’d be in a bit of a dilemma here.
Dude needs help.

The fact that a person has a nice life and is happy does not make them special, "blessed," or better than anyone else (especially those who are innocent and suffering and are very unhappy). This life is nothing but sheer luck. Therefore, people who do have nice lives and such, all that means is that they are lucky--nothing more. In truth, nothing is "special" or has any of the value we give it since everything is pure luck and nothing more. If this life were pure choice and allowed us to choose how we wanted to be born (such as how we want our brains and bodies to be and what lives we want to live as well as giving us the choice if we want a God and an afterlife), then that would make this life special with value. But, again, since this life is nothing but sheer luck, that makes this life nothing special with no value whatsoever. Even the fact that we can make choices in life is a result of sheer luck. For example, some people with depression have the choice of getting better while others are unfortunate and have no choice but to live with it and never get better. For that very reason, I consider this a worthless life since it is nothing but sheer luck and that there is no God or a promised afterlife of eternal joy and perfection in which we can choose whatever we want. I consider this life worthless even despite the fact that you can choose to make the best of it anyway. My sole reason for being on this Earth was to be a higher badass being by dominating this inferior life of sheer luck and instead creating a superior life of my own in which I have choices of my own and can choose to have as little problems as possible. But this inferior life has instead dominated me by giving me many problems such as depression and anhedonia that is never getting better. So now, at this point, I consider life utterly worthless and my dominating and superior dream of ultimate status and power shattered. Since this life is sheer luck and there is no God or afterlife in which we can live a superior life of eternal joy in which we have pure choices, I consider not only this life worthless, but also me as a person and everyone else on this planet. In truth, we should all just kill ourselves if we are living a life of suffering because, apparently, we are all going to die in the end anyway and it makes no difference if you were to kill yourself now or die from old age later on anyway. Actually, you would be doing yourself a great favor. I am a cold-hearted bastard who is presenting the cold harsh truth here. Usually, the cold truth would be from the result of scientific facts of reality. But here, I am presenting the cold truth from a perspective of fantasy (having a life of pure choice and there being a God and afterlife, etc.) and applying that perception to reality despite the fact that I am well aware that fantasy is not real at all. Again, to me, living a life of pure choice is the only thing that would make this life superior and worth living. The idea of there being a God and an afterlife definitely applies here as well since, if there were an afterlife (heaven), you would be able to live a life of pure choices, eternal joy, and badassery (empowerment and superiority over an inferior life of sheer luck).
Bitterness, delusion and grandiosity. A truly vicious cycle to be stuck in with no hope of escape. Mozart my dear, you need professional help. You have mentally painted yourself into a very painful corner. Please get help!

To me, it doesn’t matter how useful I am now. As long as I am unable to live a life of pure choices and such as well as a promised afterlife, I am inferior. It doesn’t matter how useful I am, as long as I am inferior, this is the reason why I consider myself and life worthless. I am inferior to my ideal self (the person I wish I was which would be me having pure joy/empowerment and living a life of pure choice and such with a promised afterlife as well).

I agree with all the above relies, especially Handydan’s. Life does not have to suck for you Mozart. Please seek counseling.

I remember once in my Freshman year saying to a friend, something like, “I’m feeling kinda trapped in this body. The more I think about what I’m going to do with my life, the more meaningless it seems.” She got a very concerned look on her face and I realized how that might sound. Fortunately I went to school in Southern Indiana where the beauty of nature was everywhere and just walking to class could you help appreciate the simple pleasures.
That and arguing with Brother Max, gave me something to do.]

I am now going to prove how pleasure is the most important part of the brain. Many people who are depressed or have little to no ability of experiencing pleasure are suicidal. But, for example, if you were to disable any other part of their brains instead such as their intelligence or memory, etc., they would not feel suicidal. Of course, if you were to disable any part of their brain that is necessary to live, they would die, but they wouldn’t feel suicidal.
Now why is it that they would feel suicidal if they were to lose their pleasure? It would be because pleasure has such immense value that one would be lead to suicide if they didn’t have it. But they wouldn’t feel suicidal if they were to lose any other part of their brain because it would have virtually no value in comparison to pleasure. Very few people would have virtually no value towards pleasure and would be fine living their lives with no pleasure. Such people would be those who never had pleasure to begin with and never knew what it even felt like to have it in the first place. If they did though, they would feel suicidal. If not suicidal, then they would at least feel very depressed not having it.

I am now going to prove how pleasure is the most important part of the brain. Many people who are depressed or have little to no ability of experiencing pleasure are suicidal. But, for example, if you were to disable any other part of their brains instead such as their intelligence or memory, etc., they would not feel suicidal. Of course, if you were to disable any part of their brain that is necessary to live, they would die, but they wouldn't feel suicidal. Now why is it that they would feel suicidal if they were to lose their pleasure? It would be because pleasure has such immense value that one would be lead to suicide if they didn't have it. But they wouldn't feel suicidal if they were to lose any other part of their brain because it would have virtually no value in comparison to pleasure. Very few people would have virtually no value towards pleasure and would be fine living their lives with no pleasure. Such people would be those who never had pleasure to begin with and never knew what it even felt like to have it in the first place. If they did though, they would feel suicidal. If not suicidal, then they would at least feel very depressed not having it.
I don't know. I can imagine feeling suicidal if I lost my memory or my intellect. That would certainly interfere with pleasure for me. Lois

Maybe, maybe not, Lois. If you lost your memory and your intellect, you wouldn’t even recall what you lost so you might even become a conservative or a theist. :lol:
But I agree, if that happens, it’s probably time for euthanasia. :down:
Occam

ML, in post #10 you mentioned suicide or suicidal five times. Are you trying to tell yourself something? There is help out there you know.
Cap’t Jack

Maybe, maybe not, Lois. If you lost your memory and your intellect, you wouldn't even recall what you lost so you might even become a conservative or a theist. :lol: But I agree, if that happens, it's probably time for euthanasia. :down: Occam
I was thinking that, but could it not put it so succinctly. I was thinking of the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, got a problem with thinking, remove the front part of your brain. I don't think they do that anymore. Or of the Star Trek where Kirk was split into angry Kirk in one universe and passive Kirk in the other. He needed both of those parts to be an effective captain. Our awareness of unhappiness drives us to find ways to create happiness.
The fact that a person has a nice life and is happy does not make them special, "blessed," or better than anyone else (especially those who are innocent and suffering and are very unhappy). This life is nothing but sheer luck. Therefore, people who do have nice lives and such, all that means is that they are lucky--nothing more............................As long as I am unable to live a life of pure choices and such as well as a promised afterlife, I am inferior. It doesn’t matter how useful I am, as long as I am inferior, this is the reason why I consider myself and life worthless. I am inferior to my ideal self (the person I wish I was which would be me having pure joy/empowerment and living a life of pure choice and such with a promised afterlife as well).
Why am I willing to bet you don't have kids?
Maybe, maybe not, Lois. If you lost your memory and your intellect, you wouldn't even recall what you lost so you might even become a conservative or a theist. :lol: But I agree, if that happens, it's probably time for euthanasia. :down: Occam
Maybe that would be the result, but I can only speculate from where I am. Lois