Moving to Germany

Not sure if this post is allowed. But I really don’t know what to do right now.
I’m fed up with my religious-addict country.
I plan to take a master degree next year in Germany if I don’t get killed during this one year period.
I wonder if there are some German humanist here. I’d like to make friends and get in touch with the humanist association.
Most people from my place abroad socialize within their religious group. But that’s out of question for me. I hope I can enter the local humanist community, so I won’t be alone in a foreign land with no friend.

You know Merkel is no saint, don’t you?] Trump isn’t some local phenomenon.

I know… But anywhere in the west is still better than where islam is the majority religion. If you want to destroy a nation, just give them islam.
I’m not American protesting against Trump, btw…

What religious-addict country are you talking about?

check this]
I happen to belong to his ethnic group. There was a riot around 20 years ago and people got lynched, women got raped.
Thanks to these religidiots the nation is pretty much divided. I don’t want to imagine if things go wrong. Uurrgghhh…

Got it. I have hopes for Indonesia. They were making progress not too long ago weren’t they?

Good luck. I hope you stay safe long enough to make the move.

Got it. I have hopes for Indonesia. They were making progress not too long ago weren't they?
Indeed. Economically, we are doing really really well. I planned to study abroad several years ago, but seeing our own progress and the current situation in the west, I was hesitant. Our president has just managed to bring home a lot of money through task amnesty. But they are blinded with their hatred towards him. For some crazy reason, they believe he is a christian, communist with Chinese ancestry. Pretty much our own version of Obama. @_@ The ex-President wants to make his son the new governor. So, he paid the islamists to make some trouble. At first glance, it looks like they are attacking the christian governor, but the real target is the current president. They want to stage a coup, replace democracy with sharia. The islamists have suffered several consecutive defeat, so they are resorting into a desperate measure. Recently, our current president was seen visiting military bases, showing he has the military support. So, it's kinda scary. The people are also divided. Personally, I felt betrayed by many muslim friends who supported the islamist move. They are not racist or anything. They are just naive. But it is really crazy that we criticizing certain interpretation (not the religion) is considered as blasphemy!
samyaza But it is really crazy that we criticizing certain interpretation (not the religion) is considered as blasphemy!
I gather you are a citizen of a Muslim majority country seeking to study in a Western country to escape Islam. If I have that basically correct then all the best to you in your efforts, my friend. Islamism, or Islamic fundamentalism, or so-called "radical" Islam is not so much a particular interpretation among equally valid interpretations as it is the only honest interpretation of the Qur'an and by extension the example of the life of Muhammad. The Qur'an says Muhammad is the exemplary man. Muhammad killed critics, so on the presumption that the Qur'an is the word of Allah as perfectly revealed by his exemplary prophet their is no theologically sound alternative to death for blasphemy, apostasy, and a whole host of other "crimes".
I wonder if there are some German humanist here. I'd like to make friends and get in touch with the humanist association. Most people from my place abroad socialize within their religious group. But that's out of question for me. I hope I can enter the local humanist community, so I won't be alone in a foreign land with no friend.
Might I suggest Victor Venema]. He impresses me a lot and I decided to give him a little more headline space so I hope you don't mine me starting a new thread to respond http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/18938/

Alrightie then, just went over to Hotwhopper and let Victor know of your curiosity and my posting.
https://chat.hotwhopper.com/discussion/163/victor-v?new=1
Come on down.
If there ever was a time for us to start networking, babe it has arrived.
:coolsmirk: (damn straight don’t forget the safety glasses any more)

Islamism, or Islamic fundamentalism, or so-called "radical" Islam is not so much a particular interpretation among equally valid interpretations as it is the only honest interpretation of the Qur'an and by extension the example of the life of Muhammad. The Qur'an says Muhammad is the exemplary man. Muhammad killed critics, so on the presumption that the Qur'an is the word of Allah as perfectly revealed by his exemplary prophet their is no theologically sound alternative to death for blasphemy, apostasy, and a whole host of other "crimes".
Yeah mix that with Christian greed and self-certainty and self-adolation and contempt for others and the whole world would be fucked. Oh yeah, it is fucked. :down: How Many Muslim Countries Has the U.S. Bombed Or Occupied Since 1980? Glenn Greenwald November 6 2014, https://theintercept.com/2014/11/06/many-countries-islamic-world-u-s-bombed-occupied-since-1980/ Here's who buys the most weapons from the U.S. By Curtis Brown, Ryan Browne, and Zachary Cohen CNN http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/24/politics/us-arms-sales-worldwide/ The US is Selling Weapons to Nearly Half the Countries in the World By Samuel Oakford February 22, 2016 https://news.vice.com/article/the-us-is-selling-weapons-to-nearly-half-the-countries-in-the-world DON'T SUPPOSE FLOODING THE WORLD IN WEAPONS OF MASSES DESTRUCTION AND MANIPULATED HOSTILITY HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS MESS. hmmmmmm
I plan to take a master degree next year in Germany if I don't get killed during this one year period.
Keep in touch, I hear they have the internet too. :cheese:
Yeah mix that with Christian greed and self-certainty and self-adolation and contempt for others and the whole world would be fucked.
Add the spice of Israeli military Jewish fascism and bridge burning and hey - an eye for an eye, an ear for an ear, until the whole world is blind and deaf. That's plan is working out pretty good. Though I always thought our conceits for the future were more noble then creating a global waste land.

Thanks for the information.
Personally, I’m not really interested to discuss which interpretation is “the real islam”. I think it’s best not to buy into the terrorists’ rhetoric that islam really teach violence. I don’t think that islam is theologically the worst religion. Christianity as a religion was just as bad during its darkest day. What makes islam currently the worst is that most of its adherents are fundamentalists who believe in inerrancy.
The islamists would triumph when they manage to convince the moderates that islam is under attack. That’s how people are radicalized. While, to me, islamophobia is sort of understandable, this is something that should be treated with care. Islamophobia should be limited to the fear of islam as ideology, not muslims as people. Many muslims are pretty secular. Here for example, we actually have a civil religion that stands in the way of islamist ideology. These people are fine. They are much better than fundamentalist christians.
While it’s nice to have a religious free world, it won’t be possible in the near future. What is possible is to separate religion and state affair. It is important to educate religious people of the importance of secularism, but this cannot be done when secularists keep making themselves enemy of religion such as in France. I think the most important thing is to make sure to cleanse mosques from preachers who support islamist ideology and immigration should be limited to those who support secularism. Not banning muslimah from wearing hijab.

While it's nice to have a religious free world, it won't be possible in the near future. What is possible is to separate religion and state affair. It is important to educate religious people of the importance of secularism, but this cannot be done when secularists keep making themselves enemy of religion such as in France. I think the most important thing is to make sure to cleanse mosques from preachers who support islamist ideology and immigration should be limited to those who support secularism. Not banning muslimah from wearing hijab.
That makes sense, and clothing bans seem silly reactionary. As for cleansing of extreme ideologues. Sweet thought, but what's really needed is for millions rationalists and secularists (are there that many anymore?) to become informed and aware and actively defending what they believe. To engage in millions of individual dialogues with friends and neighbors on that side of the political spectrum - Question them, reason with them, one on one. Confronting all their intellectual tenets and calling them on their dependence of lies in order to hide from real life facts that impact all. So which plan has a better chance of fruition ? ;-P Good luck in Germany. If you're ever around Lake Constance (way south) let us know.

I hear from many muslims that mosques have been turned into political stages by the islamists. But obviously we can’t just simply close them or remove the radical clerics. As silly as it may sound coming from an atheist, funding the moderates might be a good idea. Because radicalism is spread using the petro-dollars, it is only make sense to use money to fight it.
My country is one of the most religious place on earth. Although most are moderates, it has lesser percentage of religious nones than countries in the middle east. I think this has something to do with the education. The US and UK indeed helped to put a military dictator to rule this country and destroyed all left wing movement. They used many propaganda to demonize the communists. Among them is to equate communism with atheism. Now, the regime has fallen, but many people are still ignorant and think atheists are communists.
What I found to be frustrating is that many of “the educated”, university graduates, buy into the islamists rhetoric. Even those who study abroad in the western part of the world apparently have been polluted with this ideology. I heard this from a fellow skeptic that many members of the student association abroad have been groomed to be the cadres of islamist party. After all efforts and money sending them abroad, it is simply unacceptable that they still ended up being ignorant.

Good luck in Germany. If you’re ever around Lake Constance (way south) let us know.
Are you living in that area?
Not sure if this post is allowed. But I really don't know what to do right now. I'm fed up with my religious-addict country. I plan to take a master degree next year in Germany if I don't get killed during this one year period. I wonder if there are some German humanist here. I'd like to make friends and get in touch with the humanist association. Most people from my place abroad socialize within their religious group. But that's out of question for me. I hope I can enter the local humanist community, so I won't be alone in a foreign land with no friend.
Where are you from ? Coz I am Moving to Germany too. Let's hang out sometime.
Not sure if this post is allowed. But I really don't know what to do right now. I'm fed up with my religious-addict country. I plan to take a master degree next year in Germany if I don't get killed during this one year period. I wonder if there are some German humanist here. I'd like to make friends and get in touch with the humanist association. Most people from my place abroad socialize within their religious group. But that's out of question for me. I hope I can enter the local humanist community, so I won't be alone in a foreign land with no friend.
Where are you from ? Coz I am Moving to Germany too. Let's hang out sometime. Hi, I sent you a pm.