More Trump Talk

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Trump had “Merry Christmas” displayed on the podium at the most recent thing:

Its on the media passes as well :lol: :

Nice touch.

^of course he will try to pander a bit. Especially as he sees what is working for his opponents. But it was clear early on in his campaign when he was asked which Bible verse was his favorite and he could not cite ONE Bible verse and he ended up just making something up that wasn’t even from the Bible. How many Christians do not know any Bible verses?

Trump had "Merry Christmas" displayed on the podium at the most recent thing: Nice touch.
Are you trying to be funny MidA? :lol:
Trump had "Merry Christmas" displayed on the podium at the most recent thing: Nice touch.
Are you trying to be funny MidA? :lol: When the holidays/Christmas roll around, I wonder what the policy is within Trumps businesses as staff deal with external customer relations?
Are you trying to be funny MidA? :lol: When the holidays/Christmas roll around, I wonder what the policy is within Trumps businesses as staff deal with external customer relations? I think I should clarify for MidA's benefit.... I think MidA was putting that up to get a rise out of the anti-christmas people that puff up their feathers. In other words I think MidA was just exploiting the "christmas wars" for a laugh. Maybe to see who would bite...? Because otherwise...who cares? What's he supposed to put up there? Happy Halloween?
Are you trying to be funny MidA? :lol: When the holidays/Christmas roll around, I wonder what the policy is within Trumps businesses as staff deal with external customer relations? What if there is no policy? That's how I would do it.
Are you trying to be funny MidA? :lol: When the holidays/Christmas roll around, I wonder what the policy is within Trumps businesses as staff deal with external customer relations? What if there is no policy? That's how I would do it. Maybe there is not a policy; however, most large business with many employees want to create and control their image and want consistency.
^of course he will try to pander a bit. Especially as he sees what is working for his opponents. But it was clear early on in his campaign when he was asked which Bible verse was his favorite and he could not cite ONE Bible verse and he ended up just making something up that wasn't even from the Bible. How many Christians do not know any Bible verses?
I agree with this 100%
I think MidA was putting that up to get a rise out of the anti-christmas people that puff up their feathers. In other words I think MidA was just exploiting the "christmas wars" for a laugh. Maybe to see who would bite...?
Right. It seems like Trump is subtly trolling the opposition with the message - which is something I can appreciate.
Because otherwise...who cares? What's he supposed to put up there? Happy Halloween?
No one else has done that, so it stands out.
Well it was a viable program all the way up until recently. 25 years ago perhaps. The program is still active today as well. Reading your reply here I get the feeling that you read my post as some sort of defense for a heavily armed population. I’m only pointing out all the facets of why the US is the most heavily armed civilian pop. in the world. People need to know how society is set up and the history of guns in America to begin to defeat the problem.
No, not at all! I was pointing out the historical necessity for such a program at that time. And I agree that people need to know the whole history of gun ownership in order to better understand why Americans seem to be comfortable with easy access to weapons, yet so horrified when massacre after massacre happens with increasing frequency. One would think that citizens would aggressively push for stricter gun laws and the NRA be damned. Where is the disconnect here? One potential answer is in the gun culture, and now the gun cult. And today gun permits are readily available and being issued by most States. The question is when will this end? Obviously the massacres are having little effect while fear mongering entices people to the gun stores. Cap't Jack
^of course he will try to pander a bit. Especially as he sees what is working for his opponents. But it was clear early on in his campaign when he was asked which Bible verse was his favorite and he could not cite ONE Bible verse and he ended up just making something up that wasn’t even from the Bible. How many Christians do not know any Bible verses?
Trump's not a Christian and he really doesn't care. It's just his way of attempting to connect with what he sees as the "little people" who support him. Dangle a few bibles and baby shoes and they'll believe anything he says, even if it has no substance. I can suggest a Bible verse if he does become the Republican candidate, "Jesus wept". It's reported to be the shortest one in the Bible (John 11:35). Cap't Jack
Where is the disconnect here? One potential answer is in the gun culture, and now the gun cult. And today gun permits are readily available and being issued by most States. The question is when will this end? Obviously the massacres are having little effect while fear mongering entices people to the gun stores. Cap't Jack
I don't know...it boggles my mind. It really is a puzzle. Is it a sign of a larger decay? I can say this, the problem isn't so big that it couldn't be fixed over time.
And I agree that people need to know the whole history of gun ownership in order to better understand why Americans seem to be comfortable with easy access to weapons, yet so horrified when massacre after massacre happens with increasing frequency. One would think that citizens would aggressively push for stricter gun laws and the NRA be damned. Cap't Jack
No there's more...my first reply wasn't sufficient. Are we horrified? Are we? I don't know....I'm using logic here. If you start following this logically you have to ask yourself, are we horrified? Or is the answer, yes we are horrified, but we like it? I am not getting all "Meta" here either. This ties into what I and others have posted above. Our culture....all facets of it.
Or is the answer, yes we are horrified, but we like it? I am not getting all “Meta" here either. This ties into what I and others have posted above. Our culture….all facets of it.
All I can say in response is that I hope to hell we never, ever get used to it. What a dystopia. Cap't Jack
Or is the answer, yes we are horrified, but we like it? I am not getting all “Meta" here either. This ties into what I and others have posted above. Our culture….all facets of it.
All I can say in response is that I hope to hell we never, ever get used to it. What a dystopia. Cap't Jack
I'd say we're used to it VA. Sandy Hook? C'mon.... How did that not change yardlines?
I'd say we're used to it VA. Sandy Hook? C'mon.... How did that not change yardlines? As has been said, if Sandy Hook, the killing of our children--the most vulnerable--didn't bring about effective change, the debate was pretty much over then and there. If we're ever to have meaningful control, it's likely going to have to be a cultural shift that is generational, such as a generation becoming so tired of living in fear that people relax their intransigence on this. Also, it's going to have to come from the federal level, state or city gun control is useless as people can just travel over a state line or city line--it's not like we're confined. People on the pro-gun side keep on with the tired and disingenuous argument that gun control is ineffective because "bad" people will still get guns--yes, that's right because it can't be piecemeal legislation that effects only a particular state or city where the "bad" people can drive a few miles and get what they want.