More Republicans Refuse To Vow To Accept Election Results - David Leonhardt, NYT

40% of GOP candidates running believe in election denial as a political tactic. Trouble ahead, trouble behind.

The strategic attack on voting and then the money spent on angering and emotionalizing and denying facts.

More Republicans Refuse To Vow To Accept Election Results

(September 19, 2022) New York Times senior writer David Leonhardt and former Senator Claire McCaskill discuss the growing trend among candidates in the Republican Party to not commit to accepting election results and the threat that poses to democracy.

=======================

Where do we go from here?

Then there’s this:

Like a driver making a screeching U-turn, Don Bolduc, the Republican Senate nominee in New Hampshire, pivoted on Thursday from his primary race to the general election, saying he had “come to the conclusion” that the 2020 presidential election “was not stolen,” after he had spent more than a year claiming it was.

“I’ve done a lot of research on this, and I’ve spent the past couple weeks talking to Granite Staters all over the state from every party, and I have come to the conclusion — and I want to be definitive on this — the election was not stolen,” Mr. Bolduc said in an interview on Fox News.

Civil war ahoy!!!

:roll_eyes: Really? You are really dead set on war, especially if the Repugs don’t get their way stealing elections, Russia doesn’t steal Ukraine, etc etc etc. It’s just plain crazy to me that Dumpster people/Repugs can think like they do.

Chances of civil war grows more likely as the economy tanks. Japan has finally done it and dumps the US dollar. US asset bubble goes puff. Oopsie

What are you referring to?

Only because of the gun nutty extremists want a Civil War. They’ll do domestic terrorism, as seen by Jan. 6, and other acts of violence.

Oh dear, sure okay Japan did dump US dollars,
but that’s actually not the same as “dumps the US dollar”.

• Japanese yen climbed 1% against the dollar Thursday after authorities moved to prop up the currency.
  • Tokyo is selling dollars and buying yen in a bid to stop recent sharp declines.
  • It’s the first time since 1998 that the Japanese government has intervened in currency markets.

The Japanese yen strengthened against the US dollar on Thursday after Tokyo intervened to prop up the currency following months of declines.

The dollar fell as much as 2.6% to 140.31 yen and was down 0.6% to 143.21 yen at last check.

The yen’s rally came after the Japanese government said it would buy yen and sell dollars in a bid to shore up the currency.

Nothing went into any trash can or incinerator, it’s a money market thing and the US dollar is still king and I’ll bet Crypto is looking fairly crappo, but I’m guessing on that one.

1 Like

Bombs away ! ( pardon the pun)

Video by “Rumble”, who ever they are.
So what part of that video should alarm us?

Though I did notice “Rumble” follows Donnie trump junior.

'nough said I reckon. :cowboy_hat_face:

Not that global economies aren’t heading for some horrendous territory.
But triggers will be slightly different, I suspect.

My take away is traditional buyers of US securities no longer exist. The suckers are now YOU the tax payer through the pension funds and theres not of enough of you to prop up the system

Yes, I saw that about the Yen.
That’s why I asked