Missouri House Bill 633: Crazy For Guns! Really, crazy.

We have had two incidents in the last year in my outer suburban neighborhood in the last years of gunfire from supposedly “law abiding gun ownes” firing off their guns for no particular reason and a two weeks ago of another “law abiding gun owner” cleaning his weapon when it fired and went through a neigbor’s kitchen while she was cooking. These are all being called “accidents!” Why shouild I be afraid to walk down the street to protect the “rights” of those who need weapons to prove their manhood to themselves.
Can’t have fireworks because they are too dangerous, but guns are OK?
Ok off the subject of guns, government is a pratical necessity in the current world. The problem is with who controls it. A while back I believe you (usefully) challenged me to read the Wealth of Nations, which I did. If you really want to find out what is wrong with gov’t in the US today I now challenge you to read The Price of Inequality by Joseph E. Stiglitz. It shows the problem is mainly the wealthy who control it and there quest for own imediate gain rather than the long term health of the entire society.

“578.460. Any member of the general assembly who proposes a piece of legislation that further restricts the right of an individual to bear arms, as set forth under the second amendment of the Constitution of the United States, shall be guilty of a class D felony.”
That’s like saying if anyone restricts the speed of my car/bicycle/skateboard/push scooter (which is dangerous to others who are near-by) is a felon. Or if anyone restricts my use of drugs (which are dangerous to family and friends of the drug addicts, and dangerous for themselves, obviously) is a felon. Or if anyone restricts my way of touching children (dangerous to children because they can’t choose what they’re getting involved in, they are in danger of STDs, and in danger of further abuse) is a felon. Or if anyone restricts my way of beating people with fists and clubs (dangerous, obviously) is a felon. This idea is just stupid and ludicrous, who do they think can accept this idea? Guns are weapons against people, plain and simple, that’s the primary reason why they exist. Hunting is a side-effect and has never been as productive as gathering nor as agriculture. And target shooting competitions are obviously just a side effect too.
Wayne LaPierre is a soft-spoken extremist, and doesn’t really even represent the NRA membership, as I hear it. He gives the NRA a bad reputation, they could actually have a good reputation ya’ know.
If we want laws against tyranny, and who doesn’t, outlaw the destruction of people’s rights, the consolidation of powers, the destruction of the free press, the abolishment of peaceful gatherings, the beating and intimidation of peaceful protesters. Look at how Mohammed Morsi of Egypt of Egypt, and Bashar Al Asad of Syria are acting and outlaw that behavior.