Minorities

I'd like to think myself a wandering hunter, traveling the land. Eating whatever is edible.
How you gonna harvest the food? Can you make a stone knife? Bow and arrow? What are you going to wear? Believe it or not I do know how to make those items and use them as well. I can also make snares and fishing rods. Animal hide seems like the most appropriate clothing to wear.

Cool. You night survive the zombie apocalypse.

I'd like to think myself a wandering hunter, traveling the land. Eating whatever is edible.
How you gonna harvest the food? Can you make a stone knife? Bow and arrow? What are you going to wear? Believe it or not I do know how to make those items and use them as well. I can also make snares and fishing rods. Animal hide seems like the most appropriate clothing to wear. Why would I have any problem believing that? There are a lot of people who do perfectly fine on their own. None of them alive today however were given only basic instructions then left on their own before they turned 21. Most of them purchased some tools, because, umm, they aren't stupid. Here's another question you'll give a flippant and meaningless answer to that shows you didn't think about it. Where did you learn those skills?
Still doesn't answer the fact that their numbers pale compared to the majority. It simply makes more sense to focus on the majority than the minority.
What majority? The majority of the world's population is living in disease ridden poverty and is malnourished, many children dying of starvation every day. Want to rethink this? Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. That's about one in nine people on earth. The vast majority of the world's hungry people live in developing countries, where 12.9 percent of the population is undernourished. Asia is the continent with the most hungry people - two thirds of the total. The percentage in southern Asia has fallen in recent years but in western Asia it has increased slightly. Sub-Saharan Africa is the region with the highest prevalence (percentage of population) of hunger. One person in four there is undernourished. Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five - 3.1 million children each year. One out of six children -- roughly 100 million -- in developing countries is underweight. One in four of the world's children is stunted. In developing countries the proportion can rise to one in three. If women farmers had the same access to resources as men, the number of hungry in the world could be reduced by up to 150 million. 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world, with 23 million in Africa alone. WFP calculates that US$3.2 billion is needed per year to reach all 66 million hungry school-age children. https://www.wfp.org/hunger/stats

Thanks Lois, I there are so many things wrong with this guy’s theories that I didn’t even bother with all that. It’s what I meant when I said “so-called minorities”. I live in 98% white Minnesota, but I realize that’s not what the whole world is like. He’s being rather secretive of his living situation, but I imagine it’s something like Leave it to Beaver.

How you gonna harvest the food? Can you make a stone knife? Bow and arrow? What are you going to wear? Believe it or not I do know how to make those items and use them as well. I can also make snares and fishing rods. Animal hide seems like the most appropriate clothing to wear.You would still need a few other people in order to live that way. Making everything from scratch takes a long time - too long if you're on your own. A one man society doesn't exist anywhere because it can't; even the most primitive societies need at least several people to survive.

If you’re still around Tita, click here for a long answer to your question about why we should care about anything.]

Something that I can't seem to quite grasp is the concern for minorities. This includes blacks, native Americans, but mostly what I'm getting at is LGBT (since that seems to be of closest concern to me). Why care about them? Why cater to them? They are but a small part of the population, what does it matter what happens to them?
What does it matter what happens to you?

All minorities deserve human rights! Constipated, left-handed, skateboarding, lesbian, albino nuns unite!!