Medical Marijuana?

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain golden pineapple [Removed URL as this is too close to spamming which is against the rules. Dougsmith – admin] Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

You should be able to find plenty of personal experiences, but that is not evidence. There are a lot of bad claims marijuana, which is sad, because it has some uses.

The US government won’t allow clinical trials on marijuana, so research is hard to come by. From what I’ve read about research in Europe marijuana can help with chronic pain, nausea from chemo, and stimulate patients’ appetite. Some people get more anxious, not less, when they light up. Everyone reacts differently. The claims about marijuana curing cancer, glaucoma, diabetes and ingrown toenails are bogus.

https://www.cannabis-med.org/?lng=en
go to – Studies and Case Reports
Down load the pdf-file.

The US government won't allow clinical trials on marijuana, so research is hard to come by. From what I've read about research in Europe marijuana can help with chronic pain, nausea from chemo, and stimulate patients' appetite. Some people get more anxious, not less, when they light up. Everyone reacts differently. The claims about marijuana curing cancer, glaucoma, diabetes and ingrown toenails are bogus.
I wonder if a study about increased anxiety has been done in states where marijuana is legal and there is no fear of being caught and thrown in jail. I read that in Holland, marijuana is used in long term care for the elderly facilities. Apparently it has beneficial effects, or else it would certainly be medically prohibited.

Jeff Session hasn’t been invited to prez rump’s weekend ‘planning’ retreat.
Guess his Marijuana blast ain’t all he implies it is.

Did Jeff Sessions Just Increase the Odds Congress Will Make Marijuana Legal? The attorney general has created intolerable uncertainty for a growing industry that is now demanding legal protections from Congress. And lawmakers are listening. By JAMES HIGDON January 06, 2018 When Jeff Sessions announced Thursday morning he had removed the barrier that had held back federal prosecutors from pursuing marijuana cases in states that had made pot legal, he delivered on something he had all but promised when he was nominated as attorney general. Most of the marijuana world saw it coming, but they freaked out anyway. A fund of marijuana-based stocks dropped more than 9 percent in value and, as a sign of how mainstream marijuana has become, Sessions’ decision to repeal the Cole Memo, an Obama-era protection for states that have legalized marijuana, even affected the stock price of Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, which dropped more than 5 percent. Business leaders in an industry that was worth $7.9 billion in 2017, called Sessions’ action revoking “outrageous" and “economically stupid." Capitol Hill screamed just as loudly. ... https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/06/jeff-sessions-marijuana-legalization-congress-216251
Support For Marijuana In Coal Country SUSAN TEBBEN | January 6, 2018 https://www.npr.org/2018/01/06/576197724/support-for-marijuana-in-coal-country In Meigs County, Ohio, some residents are turning to pot to help bring prosperity back to this former coal mining town.

Whatever happened to “State’s Rights”? This Session’s is trying to make a few million people criminals for using a natural (god-given) herb, which has been proven to have some remarkable medicinal properties, BUT IS NOT ADDICTIVE!
It should never have been classified as a Class I drug, which includes “addictive” opioids.

The US government won't allow clinical trials on marijuana, so research is hard to come by. From what I've read about research in Europe marijuana can help with chronic pain, nausea from chemo, and stimulate patients' appetite. Some people get more anxious, not less, when they light up. Everyone reacts differently. The claims about marijuana curing cancer, glaucoma, diabetes and ingrown toenails are bogus.
That depends on the strain. Sativa has an active stimulating psychotropic effect, which, when illigally obtained may induce anxiety for fear of being caught. OTOH, Indica, has a calming, introspective psychotropic effect, which tends to have a more relaxing effect. As I understand it, there are about 20 hybrid strains, each which range from high THC and low CBD content. to high CBD and low THC content. It is the high CBD strains are mainly used for medicinal purposes, because they don't produce a "high" The high THC strains are used for recreational purposes, because they do.
I am in uk and *amazed if this is true* - is it true? jus to add watching pbs documentary abt prohibition .... assume clinical trials are allowed on alcohol??????
23 Health Benefits Of Marijuana
http://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4/#it-can-be-used-to-treat-glaucoma-1 One can see that a lot of these conditions exist in elderly and a well regulated dose of the proper strain may maintain better health than artificial medicines, which all have undesirable side effects.
Support For Marijuana In Coal Country SUSAN TEBBEN | January 6, 2018 https://www.npr.org/2018/01/06/576197724/support-for-marijuana-in-coal-country In Meigs County, Ohio, some residents are turning to pot to help bring prosperity back to this former coal mining town.
It's the biggest cash crop on the world. And it is an eco-friendly plant. The more I read about the amazing properties of marijuana, the more I become impressed by its its beneficial properties for the entire environment.
For Starters: -Farmers around the world grow hemp. Legally. And they've been doing so for thousands of years. View a timeline of hemp throughout history-
-Yields can reach between 3 to 7 tons of dry hemp fibre stalk per acre.[xxvi] -HEMP IS THE NUMBER ONE biomass producer on planet earth: 10 tons per acre in approximately four months. It is a woody plant containing 77% cellulose. Wood produces 60% cellulose.[xxvii]
http://www.hempfarm.org/Papers/Hemp_Facts.html Even when reading the entire article skeptically, there seems to be ovwerwhelming evidence of the benefits and new industries, which the hemp industry would certainly support and which far outweigh any "conservative" man-made arguments against it. And it seems natural that a naturally occurring plant fills a much larger part of the ecologial balance than was ever considered. Let's be "conservational" in insuring the utility of this most versatile plant which offers a legitimate farm crop, even in otherwise hostile environmental climates, which otherwise yield below par value crops.. Instead of artificial plastic, why don't we use hemp plastics, for molding into extremely functional and resilient purposes. Let's just get thing started so we can learn the thruth about marijuana as needing to be viewed for its benfits, not its mythological reputation as a form of opioid. Hemp is a Cannabinoid. and that places it in a very special class, it is very low in THC content, which actually is not an opioid by definition. Still its growth throughout the world and use with well documented benefiacial outcomes, remains against US Federal law and Constitutional Rights.. Impose controls, fine, but don't let this "resource" lay unused in a world where resources are becoming more scarce.

For many chronically ill people, it has great effects in terms of improving appetite (e.g. cancer patients), reducing pain, and improving anxiety. Dose titration can be an issue because individual responses and strain types vary so widely but it can usually be managed around.

For many chronically ill people, it has great effects in terms of improving appetite (e.g. cancer patients), reducing pain, and improving anxiety. Dose titration can be an issue because individual responses and strain types vary so widely but it can usually be managed around.
Indeed, and would eventually establish a formal medical register which would indicate the best strain for specific discomforts. The Netherlands may be able to provide data in that respect. They have been using marijuana in various settings including hospitals and long-term care facilities.

Cannabis oil has had high reviews in terms of treating dementia and cancer however it is still not prescribed (uk)
If something cheap and easy is so effective for such illnesses that make up the biggest mortality rate why is it not being regulated and prescribed for such?
Because cancer and demential treatment/medication is worth billions and is massive business globally, if cannabis was to have more research to the affects of treating such illness and was proven effective then it would cause a detrimental effect to pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies. These companies wouldn’t be able to charge the NHS (for example) aprox £30.000 per person for basic cancer treatment as posed to a few hundred pounds.
In my opinion there will never be a cure for such illnesses, as sadly I think it has become a profitable business.

Cannabis oil has had high reviews in terms of treating dementia and cancer however it is still not prescribed (uk) If something cheap and easy is so effective for such illnesses that make up the biggest mortality rate why is it not being regulated and prescribed for such? Because cancer and demential treatment/medication is worth billions and is massive business globally, if cannabis was to have more research to the affects of treating such illness and was proven effective then it would cause a detrimental effect to pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies. These companies wouldn't be able to charge the NHS (for example) aprox £30.000 per person for basic cancer treatment as posed to a few hundred pounds. In my opinion there will never be a cure for such illnesses, as sadly I think it has become a profitable business.
Okay, either you need to remove the word "science" from your name, or explain, scientifically what you are saying. Show me where that £30.000 goes, and who exactly profits off of it? Show me where they are spending some of that to repress the studies of medical marijuanna. Pretend like you are in the board room of a pharmaceutical company, making this pitch about how you can profit from people dying. Or, skip all that and show me these "high reviews". Or was that a joke?

(information purposes)
How cannabis oil works:
CBD (Cannabidiol) binds on to abnormal cancer cells, as the THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) causes a increase in ceramide which drives cell death, a normal healthy cell does not produce ceramide in the presence of THC, therefore with a more targeted approach to the individual cancer.
How Cytarabine works:
Cytarabine works by stopping the cancer cells from multiplying. It does this by inhibiting the production of the cells’ genetic material, DNA and RNA. Both DNA and RNA are needed for growth and multiplication of cells. Cytarabine causes a deficiency of DNA and RNA in the cancer cells, and this causes the cells to grow in an unbalanced way, (STILL GROWING) resulting in the death of the cells. Unfortunately, cytarabine also affects normal, healthy cells, those that multiply quickly, such as blood cells and hair cells. The most important side effect is on the bone marrow where blood cells are made.
So as you can see a drug that has had millions pounds invested into it has a very high risk and damages other cells, where CBD only attacks abnormal cells. furthermore world wide cancer research are not funding cannabis oil (currently)
From 1920 to the present time, we have made little progress in the treatment of adult cancers. So, a person who gets prostate cancer or breast cancer today will live as long as a person who got it in 1920." (Charles B. Simone, M MS M D Founder, Simone Protective Cancer Centre)
So when it comes to people making money out of peoples lives bare this in mind - A full course of treatment with palbociclib (breast cancer drug) costs £79 650, which campaigners say the manufacturer is vastly overpricing the drug.
They say it could be made and sold for a profit for £1 per pill, but say n fact it is currently sold for 140 times more, the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (Nice) made a decision not to recommend the drug because the cost was too high. Health bosses estimate that around 5,500 people in England would be eligible for treatment with palbociclib.
Richard Sullivan, professor of cancer and global health at Kings College London - “When a drug is refused by NICE there’s only one reason it’s refused - the company has knowingly overpriced the drug"
Palbociclib is now available after some delay, this was used as a example in terms of denying treatment over cost, who knows how many people died due to the delay in availability.
See the report by the independent where cancer drugs were purposely made more expensive to fall in line with European “target" prices, and Aspen Pharmacare plotted to destroy stocks of life-saving medicines during a price dispute with the Spanish health service
As for the reviews of CBD oil, just google them as it would take a very long tim to give you all the cases and details - “Why are people terrified when they hear the word cancer? Because they know it [conventional cancer treatment] doesn’t work." (Dr. Julian Whitaker, M.D. Founder, Whitaker Wellness Institute)
If I was on the board of a pharmaceutical company and I wanted to profitize on peoples lives i would just give a drug outstanding PR and stick a top dollar price tag on it so it got rejected by NICE and target it at high end private insurance companies where people pay a premium for cancer drugs not on the NHS and private clinics, like Pfizer.

Cannabis oil has had high reviews in terms of treating dementia and cancer however it is still not prescribed (uk) If something cheap and easy is so effective for such illnesses that make up the biggest mortality rate why is it not being regulated and prescribed for such? Because cancer and demential treatment/medication is worth billions and is massive business globally, if cannabis was to have more research to the affects of treating such illness and was proven effective then it would cause a detrimental effect to pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies. These companies wouldn't be able to charge the NHS (for example) aprox £30.000 per person for basic cancer treatment as posed to a few hundred pounds. In my opinion there will never be a cure for such illnesses, as sadly I think it has become a profitable business.
Okay, either you need to remove the word "science" from your name, or explain, scientifically what you are saying. Show me where that £30.000 goes, and who exactly profits off of it? Show me where they are spending some of that to repress the studies of medical marijuanna. Pretend like you are in the board room of a pharmaceutical company, making this pitch about how you can profit from people dying. Or, skip all that and show me these "high reviews". Or was that a joke? (information purposes) How cannabis oil works: CBD (Cannabidiol) binds on to abnormal cancer cells, as the THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) causes a increase in ceramide which drives cell death, a normal healthy cell does not produce ceramide in the presence of THC, therefore with a more targeted approach to the individual cancer. How Cytarabine works: Cytarabine works by stopping the cancer cells from multiplying. It does this by inhibiting the production of the cells' genetic material, DNA and RNA. Both DNA and RNA are needed for growth and multiplication of cells. Cytarabine causes a deficiency of DNA and RNA in the cancer cells, and this causes the cells to grow in an unbalanced way, (STILL GROWING) resulting in the death of the cells. Unfortunately, cytarabine also affects normal, healthy cells, those that multiply quickly, such as blood cells and hair cells. The most important side effect is on the bone marrow where blood cells are made. So as you can see a drug that has had millions pounds invested into it has a very high risk and damages other cells, where CBD only attacks abnormal cells. furthermore world wide cancer research are not funding cannabis oil (currently) From 1920 to the present time, we have made little progress in the treatment of adult cancers. So, a person who gets prostate cancer or breast cancer today will live as long as a person who got it in 1920." (Charles B. Simone, M MS M D Founder, Simone Protective Cancer Centre) So when it comes to people making money out of peoples lives bare this in mind - A full course of treatment with palbociclib (breast cancer drug) costs £79 650, which campaigners say the manufacturer is vastly overpricing the drug. They say it could be made and sold for a profit for £1 per pill, but say n fact it is currently sold for 140 times more, the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (Nice) made a decision not to recommend the drug because the cost was too high. Health bosses estimate that around 5,500 people in England would be eligible for treatment with palbociclib. Richard Sullivan, professor of cancer and global health at Kings College London - “When a drug is refused by NICE there's only one reason it's refused - the company has knowingly overpriced the drug" Palbociclib is now available after some delay, this was used as a example in terms of denying treatment over cost, who knows how many people died due to the delay in availability. See the report by the independent where cancer drugs were purposely made more expensive to fall in line with European “target" prices, and Aspen Pharmacare plotted to destroy stocks of life-saving medicines during a price dispute with the Spanish health service As for the reviews of CBD oil, just google them as it would take a very long tim to give you all the cases and details - “Why are people terrified when they hear the word cancer? Because they know it [conventional cancer treatment] doesn’t work." (Dr. Julian Whitaker, M.D. Founder, Whitaker Wellness Institute) If I was on the board of a pharmaceutical company and I wanted to profitize on peoples lives i would just give a drug outstanding PR and stick a top dollar price tag on it so it got rejected by NICE and target it at high end private insurance companies where people pay a premium for cancer drugs not on the NHS and private clinics, like Pfizer.

If you are copying and sharing quotes, please offer links, or citation, to original sources.
Hmmm.

As for the reviews of CBD oil, just google them as it would take a very long tim to give you all the cases and details - “Why are people terrified when they hear the word cancer? Because they know it [conventional cancer treatment] doesn’t work." (Dr. Julian Whitaker, M.D. Founder, Whitaker Wellness Institute)
Sure, if I wanted to confirm your bias, I would "just google it" and see all the hits you see. Except I wouldn't ignore all the ones that say this is junk science, like you are doing. Obviously cannabis has medical uses, or there wouldn't even be a discussion. Just not the uses you are claiming. All cancers are different. So when I see statements like the first two quotes you put up, claiming one medicine affects "cancer cells", I'm immediately suspicious. It's not like I've never read anything on this topic. I would be afraid to calculate how much THC I've consumed, so I have no particular agenda here. I was wearing a N.O.R.M.L. T-shirt, probably before you were born.