Medical Marijuana?

My wife suffers from ALZ and is in a ALZ care facility. She suffers back pain and I was lead to believe CBD ointment might help. I was told she needed a medical marijuana card and the issuing doctor could prescribe or recommend a treatment, namely the CBD ointment. After being told I would get a card and recommendation by e-mail I discussed it with the facility administrator who said he needed a prescription. He said he had 3 of 4 other residents with a prescription from the same place he referred me to for the medical card. After several phone calls and going back and forth between the doctor and the administrator several times (they preferred not to speak with each other) I learned the following.

The doctor claimed they were the only ones in the California Modesto area that issued cards and recommendations but never prescribed for it. He said there was no way to write a prescription for any form of marijuana product. The facility on the other hand will not administer anything without a prescription, not even an aspirin or a Tums. Our PCP does not discourage usage but will not write a prescription. They all say that there is no problem in my giving it to my wife myself. That of course is impractical not only because of the distance I have to drive but to be effective it might need to be applied more than once a day. I was told the whole issue of marijuana is in a state of flux as cities and counties attempt to legislate amidst state and federal law conflicts. My assumption is that the medical field and caregiving facilities are afraid of legalities. Unless maybe there is coverage under research or clinical trial. Anyone have a solution to this situation?

Marijuana and Cannabis have high reviews for medically treating like anxiety, cancer patients and improving appetite. CBD sold in gels, gummies, oils, supplements, extracts, and THC is the main psychoactive compound in marijuana. It available in oils, edibles, tinctures, capsules, and more.

According to the medical research, it is found that plenty of health benefits are associated with medical marijuana. Some of them are listed below, please have a look:

. Reduce chronic pain

. Muscle spasms

. Glaucoma

. Migraine

Yes, William Jackson

Marijuana not only treats like cancer & anxiety but also there is a chance for possible harms of marijuana.

Marijuana can also pose some harms to users who use it. Also while the most common effect of marijuana is a feeling of euphoria which is “high”.It also can lower the user’s control over the movement of anxiety & paranoia. Smoked marijuana delivers THC and other cannabinoids to the body. The effects can also differ based on how deeply and for how long user inhales.

What does the American Cancer Society say about the use of marijuana in people with Cancer?

Today the government has separated the marijuana into two classes. THC and CBD. William Jackson may not have made that clear. Might I suggest an addition to your question. What does the American Cancer Society say about the use of THC versus CBD’s in people with Cancer?

Cannabis Treatments Endorsed by the American Cancer Society

https://cannabismd.com/health/cancer/what-cbd-oil-treatments-are-endorsed-by-the-american-cancer-society/

Oh! mike Yohe tq for your information. What is the American cancer society’s position on clinical cannabis Marijuana??

The Usage of medical cannabis is increasing, most commonly for pain, depression & anxiety. Some of the data suggest abuse of prescription drugs may be decreasing in states where medical cannabis is legal. Coming to CBD vs THC they both have the exact same chemical make up ie. 21 carbon atoms,30 hydrogen atoms & 2 oxygen atoms.

An aspirin a day is good for you. Aspirin is bad for you. It has been ping-ponging back and forth for the last four decades. We lock up glue and paint because of abuse. Today in the store I saw some of the laundry soap was behind lock and key at Walmart.

As far as cannabis. I first saw it being used in the beginning of the 60’ by beatniks at coffee shops. I have not heard that it’s hurt anyone. We must thank our government for blocking all the research on cannabis for the last five decades. We will know more when we find out why we have cannabinoid receptors located in the brain and in the lungs, liver and kidneys. The endocannabinoid system is in our immune system and in the hematopoietic cells. That is part of the stem cells. Point being, we may have missed out on some of the best medical therapeutic healing do to political bias.

I blame the Republican Party and Christian Movement more than anyone for damage caused by political actions.

The biggest problem I see is with the THC. It acts like alcohol. The more you consume the higher your tolerances become. And like alcohol only a small percentage of people become addicted. The goal is to have no one addicted. Like nuts, some people are allergic. We don’t band nuts. The people are supposed to control themselves. My hope is that science will come up with a pill that will take away the addiction.

32 percent of people who try tobacco become dependent.

23 percent of those who try heroin.

17 percent who try cocaine.

15 percent who try alcohol.

9 percent who try marijuana.

Daisy, I suppose you know, but for others, even though CBD and THC have the same atoms in their make up, those atoms are not arranged in exactly the same way. AND their effects are very different. Most notably you can get high from using THC, but you cannot get high from CBD.

Mike, Indeed a tolerance for pot is built with increasing use. So more is needed to feel the high.

HOWEVER, The difference with pot and meth for example, is that pot doesn’t kill brain cells. The difference with pot and alcohol is that pot doesn’t wither brain cells. Pot is remarkably safe, relatively speaking, regardless of the amount of intake. And someone who has built a tolerance to the high inducing effect, can simply not use pot for a few weeks, then they can get high again.

Yes CBD can cure cancer, pain, relief & anxiety, One of my friends was suffering from anxiety disorders, then some suggested him to use CBD, he somehow used it & the final result is surprised him literally. He was cured and full energetic CBD has done wonders to his Healthy life.

There are ubiquitous anecdotal claims of marijuana helping all sorts of disorders. But robust, specific, peer-reviewed scientific evidence is very, very sparse, mostly due to the everlasting war on pot by the government, and particularly to the insane and also, seemingly, unending federal categorization of marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug.

Hi folks!

Has anybody of you applied for the medical marijuana card ? And if you do, how long did it take for the application to go through? I have found some good info the website, but still need some real life recommendations. I’m considering getting one and am curious how long this process is gonna take.

Until someone gives a reasonable explanation as to how CBD cures cancer, I’ll continue to put it in the same category as homeopathy.

Sure it has psychoactive effects, but curing cancer is fundamentally different. If it does, great, but there would be more than anecdotal evidence if it did.

Since Mary Jane is legal in Canada, maybe there will be some actual rigorous research on its efficacy in treating various ailments. I seem to recall research in Israel indicating CBD’s likely effectiveness in helping treat acute brain injuries. I completely believe that it helps with certain seizure disorders. I think there has been some legitimate research done in Great Britain, to a limited degree. If Marijuana could treat all of the claimed maladies, one would think that it would be widely and highly researched and valued in health care in countries that have socialized medicine. But it has not been, afaik.

I doubt that marijuana can cure cancer, but if I were getting chemotherapy, I would sure want marijuana to address the side effects.

Oh, and CBD is a component of marijuana that does not have psychoactive effects like the THC component. There may be some non-marijuana-legal-states where you can legally acquire CBD if the state has legalized hemp, which is basically a type of marijuana that has almost no THC.

I heard an anecdotal testimony, yesterday, from a man who said that marijuana addresses the chronic pain he has had for many years. He said that it is far superior to opiate type medications, because it does not have the potential damage to the body and brain, it doesn’t have the side effects of those prescribed medicines, nor does it have the addictive potential.

Another man, 60 yrs of age, related that he uses marijuana before working out, and that it keeps him from having the joint discomforts that he would otherwise have.

Wouldn’t it be nice to get some solid science based research on these sorts of issues? The federal scheduling of marijuana as a Class 1 narcotic still interferes with this.

I welcome the legalisation of marijuana in Canada;

First because of its proven value in treating pain and for glaucoma.

Second, it allows the police to concentrate on crime.

Third; I understand that a large umber of drug conviction records are to be expunged; that is a big deal to many peopelwithsucha conviction.

I’d be fascinated to know the effect on US prison population if all non violent drug offenders were released. yes, i know, there will be little piggies flying around my kitchen when that happens

DID YOU KNOW; Queen Victoria took marijuana for period pain. (it was perfectly legal in the nineteenth century, along with opium heroin and cocaine, just about everywhere)

High doses of opium, heroin, cocaine can be very toxic. High doses of marijuana are not.

@TimB

Indeed.

I tried marijuana once, in 1978. At the time, my now straight arrow brother was a dealer. There were three of us; my brother, my then fiance and myself.

They got baked. I started by throwing up . I then hallucinated for several hours. I was off my face for 12 hours. I concluded that perhaps marijuana wasn’t for me.

I had a dope head friend at work. He offered an opinion; that because I’m a control freak (true, I have OCD) I was unable to ‘let go’,fighting the drug. I think perhaps. Simplest explanation is that I’m allergic. Didn’t try it again. Instead, I became an alcoholic.

Currently 17 years sober. 16 years without cigarettes,

I have long advocated the re-legalisation of illegal drugs. (marijuana , heroin and cocaine) . Licence, control and tax. A person receiving chemically pure heroin of consistent strength, taken in say proper shooting rooms, can stay addicted for decades. I don’t know enough about designer drugs to comment.