Makin Merica Grate Agin

Pretty sure this is code for something, but what do you think it really mean to alt-right moth… sorry members of society?
Is it a call to better times when everybody had equal rights and was respected for who they were or what they believed…when was that time anyway? Or is it code for a return to a time when being anything but a white anglo-saxon protestant meant you were second, third or even slave class.
The groups that I think are going to be especially targeted based on what I’ve seen from the alt-right fascists both here and elsewhere are going to be;

1. minorities
  2. environmentalists
  3. liberals
  4. women
  5. lgbt
  6. unionists
  7. poor

Interesting piece on the dangers that Trump and the alt-right that backs hims present to the US and world at large.

Sean Illing That shift from theory to action, rhetoric to violence, can happen very quickly. I’m not worried about a genocide anytime soon, but the anti-politics politics we’re seeing from the alt-right and the aggressive ethnonationalist speech could easily give way to violence. Is that an imminent danger in your view? Christopher Browning I think what the Trump election showed is that you can still mobilize a virtually all-white majority to preserve an all-white rule against minorities. The first threat is not that we're going to have a Hitler but rather a hybrid of Putin and Berlusconi, with autocracy at the center and a person at the top who gradually cripples the press and the political opposition. One could easily imagine, if something like this were to come to pass, justifications or rationalizations made for the use of violence to defend the ruling white majority against an ascendant coalition of minorities. How much violence would that require? Well, a lot of what the Nazis did was under the veil of legality, and that's among the scariest lessons from Hitler's reign. The degree to which the opposition is crippled by things that had a veneer of legality to them, which made it very hard for people to condemn. This kind of insidiousness is certainly possible here.

You also have to look at Trump’s “Dog Whistles” to the alt-right and how dangerous that is for specific people like Hillary Clinton. During the campaign Trump hinted that US gun owners that were worried about losing 2nd. Amendment rights could murder Clinton if it looked like she would win the election.

1. Second Amendment people At a rally on August 9, in a segment of his remarks on the Supreme Court, Trump told a North Carolina crowd, “Hillary wants to abolish — essentially abolish — the second amendment." He suggested that she would stack the Supreme Court with pro-gun reform justices, and that, if she won, there would be nothing they could do about it. Except… “Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know," he added, to a few cheers from the crowd. Many voices in the media immediately called Trump’s comments a “wink wink" and a dog whistle to would-be assassins of Hillary Clinton. Twitter blew up, both with gun owners trumpeting their support for Trump’s statement and everyone else airing their shock. In a widely-cited op-ed, Thomas Friedman compared Trump’s statement with the rallies against the 1995 Oslo Peace Accords presided over by Bibi Netanyahu. Shortly after the rallies, in which Jewish protestors depicted Yitzhak Rabin as an SS officer and as Hitler, Rabin was assassinated by Yigal Amir, a Jewish ultranationalist.
One thing is very clear, electing Trump president was one of the most foolish things that the US electorate has ever done. You wanted change, you're going to get change. The US isn't going to be recognizable in four years and most of those things the insane far right keep claiming are destroying the US are the things that actually hold it together...

In the end I think nearly everything that Trump does and says is a dog whistle to the US fascist movement including the birthers thing. It seemed so ridiculous and many people made fun of him but he knew exactly who he was talking to. It was never about “proving” that Barak Obama wasn’t born in the US or even that he never got a college degree, remember Trump also wanted Obama to present his college diploma. It was about signaling to the far right that he was a racist and their man. None of this makes sense to most people who don’t hold these beliefs and bigotries, to a racist and bigot what Trump has been doing is the same as blowing a trumpet. And it’s a clarion call of the kind that has brought about some of the worst atrocities of modern times, whether it’s the way the Rwandan Hutus constantly ramped up the media attacks on the Tutsis until the genocide began or the Serb ultra-nationalists whipped their people into a killing frenzy. People that think that it can’t or won’t happen in the US are living in a dream world, the fascists aren’t just at the gate now, they’re going to be sitting in the White House next week.
Make America Great Again?
That’s more dog whistle to the extreme right in America, the fascists, that’s it time for the kind of social and ethnic cleansing the psychopaths on the far right have been screaming for for years.

So in the end it’s really not that hard to decode what “Make America Great Again” actually means. For the far right that Trump has mobilized to take over America it clearly means, “Make America White Again”. This is obvious from the fact that it’s America’s most prominent racist - Trump himself - saying it and it’s being directed at some of America’s most disgusting extremist groups like the KKK and white supremists.
Forget David Duke and his ilk, Trump is the most dangerous racist in the US today.

So in the end it's really not that hard to decode what "Make America Great Again" actually means. For the far right that Trump has mobilized to take over America it clearly means, "Make America White Again". This is obvious from the fact that it's America's most prominent racist - Trump himself - saying it and it's being directed at some of America's most disgusting extremist groups like the KKK and white supremists. Forget David Duke and his ilk, Trump is the most dangerous racist in the US today.
It means, "Make America great for White gun-toting capitalists."

I’ve asked a few people, ones I know and ones I just met online. They tend to speak of the time around the song that was used for the theme to “All in the Family”. Glenn Miller, suburbs, defeating Fascism, all that. Of course, they forget, or don’t know, that we were on top of the world because the rest of the world was destroyed. We were the only ones with the atom bomb for a few years. And we weren’t too worried about minorities, who were really minorities at the time, except women, but, you know.
There were actually lots of great things going on. We were helping Mexico figure out it’s wheat blight, using science to save millions of lives. We were sending aid all over the place, and everyone seemed pretty much in agreement about it. We were teaching the Japanese to be better managers. Too bad no one taught us. Of course, we were setting up puppet dictators in places like Iran, that came back to bite us in the ass, and starting wars that weren’t really called wars. So, whatever.

I've asked a few people, ones I know and ones I just met online. They tend to speak of the time around the song that was used for the theme to "All in the Family". Glenn Miller, suburbs, defeating Fascism, all that. Of course, they forget, or don't know, that we were on top of the world because the rest of the world was destroyed. We were the only ones with the atom bomb for a few years. And we weren't too worried about minorities, who were really minorities at the time, except women, but, you know. There were actually lots of great things going on. We were helping Mexico figure out it's wheat blight, using science to save millions of lives. We were sending aid all over the place, and everyone seemed pretty much in agreement about it. We were teaching the Japanese to be better managers. Too bad no one taught us. Of course, we were setting up puppet dictators in places like Iran, that came back to bite us in the ass, and starting wars that weren't really called wars. So, whatever.
There was also the whole Cold War thing going on which heavily influenced how the US behaved and how Americans saw themselves. There was a lot of good that was done but also a lot of very terrible things like the Vietnam War which eventually led to the deaths of millions in SE Asia.
So in the end it's really not that hard to decode what "Make America Great Again" actually means. For the far right that Trump has mobilized to take over America it clearly means, "Make America White Again". This is obvious from the fact that it's America's most prominent racist - Trump himself - saying it and it's being directed at some of America's most disgusting extremist groups like the KKK and white supremists. Forget David Duke and his ilk, Trump is the most dangerous racist in the US today.
It means, "Make America great for White gun-toting capitalists." Or really rich white guys that pretty much own most of the country already. Anyone who thinks for a second they intend to share any of that wealth and power is brain-dead.
It means, "Make America great for White gun-toting capitalists." Or really rich white guys that pretty much own most of the country already. Anyone who thinks for a second they intend to share any of that wealth and power is brain-dead. SHARE? What dies that mean? SHARE is not in the Republican dictionary.
Or really rich white guys that pretty much own most of the country already. Anyone who thinks for a second they intend to share any of that wealth and power is brain-dead.
Bingo! Being a land owner isn't enough for those people. You have to be a one-percenter for them to care.
Or really rich white guys that pretty much own most of the country already. Anyone who thinks for a second they intend to share any of that wealth and power is brain-dead.
Bingo! Being a land owner isn't enough for those people. You have to be a one-percenter for them to care. And even then it's not enough, follow the trend and it ends with a much smaller fraction than that owning and controlling everything. Trump is just an obvious symptom of a much greater illness that is going to kill off any real freedom, equality or justice in the world. And on the way there all society and the natural world itself is rapidly being gutted.

Having seen my cousins struggle in Flint all their lives, mostly finding new avenues for careers outside of the auto industry, it is extremely weird to see the populist suddenly taking an interest in jobs leaving the country. Seeing that, and Palin apologizing to Assuange today, pretty much convinces me that they really don’t care about the actual economics, or the people affected. Their only reason for saying anything is to get the votes.

Having seen my cousins struggle in Flint all their lives, mostly finding new avenues for careers outside of the auto industry, it is extremely weird to see the populist suddenly taking an interest in jobs leaving the country. Seeing that, and Palin apologizing to Assuange today, pretty much convinces me that they really don't care about the actual economics, or the people affected. Their only reason for saying anything is to get the votes.
Trump was on Letterman a while back talking about keeping jobs in America and Letterman brought out product after product with Trump's name on them and none of them were made in America. Trump says one thing and does the opposite, he's not going to look out for anyone else because he only really values those who add to huge ego.
Having seen my cousins struggle in Flint all their lives, mostly finding new avenues for careers outside of the auto industry, it is extremely weird to see the populist suddenly taking an interest in jobs leaving the country. Seeing that, and Palin apologizing to Assuange today, pretty much convinces me that they really don't care about the actual economics, or the people affected. Their only reason for saying anything is to get the votes.
Hmm. How long did it take you to come to that conclusion, Lausten?
Trump was on Letterman a while back talking about keeping jobs in America and Letterman brought out product after product with Trump's name on them and none of them were made in America. Trump says one thing and does the opposite, he's not going to look out for anyone else because he only really values those who add to huge ego. And to his bottom line.

A list of products made with the Trump name that have been manufactured in 12 different countries.

Like with everything Trump says one thing and does another, his “University” was the same. Online students were told they would be taught the skills that Trump used to be a financial success - right there they should have looked at his record of multiple bankruptcies - but it was a scam. Trump really has nothing to offer even as an “expert” in business, he certainly doesn’t have a clue in how to return the US to prosperity. Especially when he’s putting in his White House the same kind of people who have overseen the vast transfer in wealth from the country at large into their pockets for decades.
Like all he does the Trump presidency is going to be one huge scam…
From a grifters standpoint America is going to be a paradise, for the rest of Americans…not so much.