Kayleigh McEnany: The science should not stand in the way of Trump

WTFJHT
Welcome to Day 1275. July 17, 2020

Today in one sentence: The U.S. recorded more than 75,600 new coronavirus cases on Thursday;

the White House blocked the CDC from testifying at a House hearing about reopening schools during the pandemic;

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany claimed that

"the science should not stand in the way"
of sending American children back to school in the fall;

the Trump reelection campaign is investigating spending irregularities during Brad Parscale’s tenure as campaign manager;

and Trump’s properties have made over $17 million from the Trump campaign and his fundraising committees since 2016.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jul/16/coronavirus-us-covid-donald-trump-anthony-fauci-joe-biden-live-updates

It's mind boggling to think back to the early attacks on science, the tobacco lobby, coordinated efforts to fraudulently discredit climate science, turning people with environmental concerns (the environment is our life support system after all) into enemies - how far they have come - how overwhelmingly those forces of Willful Belligerent Stupidity have been successfully manipulated by the sociopathic oligarchs for their own self-enrichment.

WHEN HUBRIS & EGO TAKES THE PLACE OF * "GOD" IN MEN'S HEARTS.

*an unknowable god!!!

I like being technically correct, even though people don’t like it when I am. It’s a sort of a trolling with truth thing that I do. I think what she meant was; the science does not indicate that we should keep the schools closed. She’s still wrong, so it’s the same outcome, the science says to not do in person classrooms at the same capacity we did last year, clearly. So it’s science denial, but she is claiming to use science. She understands at a 6th grade level what science is. She either doesn’t understand how high level competing theories are worked into government policy, or she does know and she is manipulating the narrative.

Why are you trying to make excuses for her?

“the science should not stand in the way”
Those are the F'n words used!!! Why are you giving her cover !?!?!?

‘Oh she has a different understanding of what science is.’ Give me a break.

You want to be technically correct THEN PUT A SPOTLIGHT ON ALL THE LYING AND MISREPRESENTATION AND BACK STABBING AND DIRTY TRICKS Republicans have been showing towards serious scientists and the work they do! Trump inspired COVID Parties in Florida and all.

Normalize, normalize, normalize - never take a stand on defending serious science based on Physical Reality, instead you seem all too ready to suggest we accept the self-serving snow job. Oh she didn’t mean that, she just has a different understanding of what science is. My gosh this is getting more ghastly by the day.

or she does know and she is manipulating the narrative.
Damned straight, she's aware of what she's doing!

And you ? Go girl go, everyone deserves their opinion???

She probably knows, but out doesn’t really matter. Either way she’s wrong and should be jailed for it.

Oh so now you are suggesting she should be put into jail???

Oh yeah, a deflection. One for the gipper, eh?

Ha ha ha

2d ago15:07

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has now concluded today’s briefing.

Before leaving the podium, McEnany was asked about criticism that Trump has inappropriately politicized recent White House events, including his Rose Garden press conference earlier this week, during which the president leveled attacks against Joe Biden.

In response, the press secretary said the White House always complies with the Hatch Act, an ethics law that exempts the president and the vice president from its provisions.

When a reporter noted the Hatch Act was not the focus of the criticism, McEnany told the journalist, “What your real problem was is that the president gave a very good, powerful speech from the Rose Garden.”

The 45 most incoherent lines from Donald Trump’s rambling Rose Garden speech
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large - Wed July 15, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/president-donald-trump-rose-garden-speech/index.html

www - vanityfair - com/news/2020/07/trump-deranged-rose-garden-press-conference-cbs-interview-was-campaign-rally-in-disguise

With no other outlet for the crazy, the president is falling back on Rose Garden pressers and a rambling CBS interview.
BY ERIC LUTZ,   JULY 15, 2020

... The speech, which broke with longstanding tradition in bringing partisan politics to the Rose Garden, seemed to provide a window into the conspiracy-addled mind of the president, who recently braggedthat he “aced” a mental acuity test to the “surprise” of his doctors. That boast to Sean Hannity last week was hardly the ringing endorsement of his sanity Trump seemed to think it was. But his speech Tuesday raised further eyebrows even as he continued to suggest, without basis, that Biden is in cognitive decline. “Let him define the word ‘carbon,’” Trump said during a rant criticizing his opponent’s energy policy. “He won’t be able to.” ...

Dissecting Trump’s weird, rambling Rose Garden speech on policing reform
By Ruth Conniff, June 17, 2020

http: //pulse - ncpolicywatch - org/2020/06/17/dissecting-trumps-weird-rambling-rose-garden-speech-on-policing-refrom/

https: //www - salon - com/2020/07/15/trumps-unhinged-rose-garden-campaign-rally-his-sideshow-act-is-getting-truly-pathetic/

Starting to drift here, but since you brought up having people arrested:

Portland protesters say federal officers in unmarked vans are …
www.washingtonpost.com › nation › 2020/07/17 › port…

'Secret police force': Feds reportedly pull Portland protesters into unmarked vehicles, stirring outrage
N'dea Yancey-Bragg, Kristine Phillips, Lindsay Schnell, USA TODAY

https:  //www - usatoday - com/story/news/nation/2020/07/17/reports-federal-officers-detain-portland-protesters-unmarked-vans/5457471002/

Federal law enforcement officers have used unmarked vehicles to detain protesters in Portland, according to news reports and at least one protester who spoke to USA TODAY.

Videos shared online show officers driving up to people, detaining them without explanation, then driving off, Oregon Public Broadcastingfirst reported. The ACLU filed a lawsuit Friday evening to try and end what it called "lawlessness" on the streets of Portland.

"Federal agents are terrorizing the community, threatening lives, and relentlessly attacking protesters demonstrating against police brutality," the ACLU said in a tweet. "This is not law and order. This is lawlessness — and it must be stopped."

‘Secret Police in Our Streets’: Camouflaged Federal Officers in Unmarked Vans Arrest Protesters in Portland

JERRY LAMBE, Jul 17th, 2020,

https: // lawandcrime - com/high-profile/secret-police-in-our-streets-camouflaged-federal-officers-in-unmarked-vans-arrest-protesters-in-portland/

Portland, Oregon, USA, courtesy of USA’s T rump Administration

Federal law enforcement officers clad in camouflage uniforms and body armor — without any visible identification — have been using unmarked vans to grab and detain protesters in Portland. That’s according to reporting by Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) on Thursday evening.

According to the report, the officers were predominantly sourced from the U.S. Marshals Special Operations Group and Customs and Border Patrol’s Tactical Unit (BORTAC). They were sent to the area with orders to protect federal property amid ongoing protests against police brutality. However, videos and witness accounts provided to OPB and several other news outlets show the officers detaining people who are not near any federal property and putting them in unmarked rental minivans.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is what it looks like when democracy dies - welcome to America 2020

Don’t worry about it Lausten, it’s nothing, just a slight adjustment to what democracy means, . . .

After all have pity on the rump, he’s just another guy, we must simply try harder to understand him and forget about all those ideals America used to pretend to stand up for.

Oh yeah, a deflection. One for the gipper, eh?
I have no idea what you are on about CC.

But she is such a pretty version of Baghdad Bob.

However, she IS a traitor to her gender and to her level of education. (I assume she is college educated.) “Frailty, thy name is woman.” is a quote that covers some of the corruption that can be intrinsic to the female human. Women, I think, (men too, but women in particular) will naturally adjust their loyalties, at times, to what seems to be in their best interests without much regard for underlying philosophies, morals or ethics, or truth.

Hence, the right wingers with resources can often recruit good looking women who are willing to whore out their political philosophies.

However, she IS a traitor to her gender and to her level of education. (I assume she is college educated.)
She is educated and went all the way: Georgetown University and Harvard. I would like to see you take her down in the White House Press Room.
She is educated and went all the way: Georgetown University and Harvard.
Even worse, whoring out a Harvard education like this. No intellectual integrity, whatsoever. But at least she is pretty.
But at least she is pretty.
Thank God, you are not totally unhinged despite your left-wing slant.
Federal law enforcement officers clad in camouflage uniforms and body armor — without any visible identification — have been using unmarked vans to grab and detain protesters in Portland. That’s according to reporting by Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) on Thursday evening.
It's about time the DOJ send in the FBI to crush the protests and restore law and order if local authorities won't do it. Every American is a US citizen - no matter where he or she resides in the homeland - and entitled to protection by the federal government. The DOJ ought to prosecute local authorities, including state governors, on behalf of US citizens who suffered in any way due to lapses in upkeep of public order.

Well Lausten how about rephrasing your comment at #331867

I like being technically correct, even though people don’t like it when I am. It’s a sort of a trolling with truth thing that I do. I think what she meant was; the science does not indicate that we should keep the schools closed. ...
Knocking real science with bullshit phony science - sure sounds like you're giving her a pass on that.

And no the rest of your comment is no improvement - but how many wormholes do we want to climb into at the same time.

Just saying.

I think what she meant was; the science does not indicate that we should keep the schools closed. …
It's called "weasel wording". You say something that is technically correct if you take it a certain way, but which is designed to give the general impression that something untrue is true.

It is just one of the many tactics used by the RepugLIARS to spread their propaganda.

So we who love the truth, are supposed to interpret what the Mackininny says from just the right slant, so that it might technically be true? While the nutbags and the naive get to interpret it to mean that science is an obstacle to be blown by?

Anyway, it is more than stupid to open up schooling as usual in areas where the outbreak is very high and active. And that seems to be the case in a lot of places, right now.

Remember last month when science did not stand in the way of the protests…let’s keep that ideology in the drivers seat.

So we who love the truth, are supposed to interpret what the Mackininny says from just the right slant, so that it might technically be true?
Do you guys read entire posts, or just find something you don't like and send a flame post?

I said she is still wrong. She’s actually more wrong if she says she has read the science and doesn’t think it stands in the way.

oneguy: Remember last month when science did not stand in the way of the protests……….let’s keep that ideology in the drivers seat.
You can't let that fallacious moral equivalency go, can you?

Here is your argument, exposed:

You point out that some of us liberals did not decry the gathering of large numbers of protestors for BLM, even though the science has shown that the coronavirus can spread more readily in crowds.

You fail to point out that protesting FOR BLM is particularly being done with the goal of saving lives. And it might well result in saving some lives, when cops as a whole, learn to not unnecessarily kill blacks.

I think that your major malfunction in this is not recognizing the over-riding ideology of “human lives matter” vs (perhaps your preferred over-riding ideology) “my tribe matters, the rest are secondary”.