Jesus Suffered On the Cross 4 Us So That We’d Be Saved!!

2000 years ago Jesus Christ walked the earth, he lived a sinless life and then was sent to the cross to die for you and me. He was innocent but yet the authorities crucified him. He was first beaten and spit upon and then whipped to within an inch of his life to the point where it was still legal at this point he already lost a huge amount of blood.

He then was forced to carry a heavy wooden cross 2 ½ miles between which he had collapsed many times due 2 loss of blood. He was then nailed to the cross through is wrists and feet and was left there for 3 hours naked abused and mocked buy people. He then died not because of loss of blood but because of a ruptured heart due 2 immense physical strain and stress on his body.

And he did that for you and for me so that we could be saved. He took the punishment so that we wouldn’t receive Gods judgment which is hell for our sins.

He died and rose again and is seated at the right hand of the father. He was the lamb that was slain before the foundation of the world, he was sent by God to be an example to us and to destroy the works of sin in our lives. He paid the penalty for our sins.

Question is now will you put your faith and trust in him to set you free from sin and to be reconciled back to God or will you reject the only atonement for your sins.

@dovesong

Professor Elaine Pagels is the head of religion and theology at Princeton Divinity. She is a Humanist. The attached video is 8 minutes long. Nobody doed your sins!!

Are you smarter than an Ivy League biblical scholar?

@blaire

I don’t now them 2 make that comment. but I know this they didn’t write the bible God did, I follow what Jesus said not man!!

@dovesong

Please consider eating from the tree of knowledge. We all long for community and Traditions. However, if you think you are so self righteous to think that you know for sure that Christianity is the one true religion, we’re in trouble. Eating from the tree of exclusion divides us. Religion has caused terrorism (911), The Crusades, The Inquisition and witch hunts. Exclusive truth claims often cut people off from family and friends.

There is no Celestial Babysitter.

Let us unite not by faith, but by humanity.