Is Too Much Liberalism a Good Thing?

But where does it say that some men can't have many feminine attributes and some women can't have many male attributes?
Liberals say that. The very thing you made this thread to speak against. It's liberalism that allows you to say that without fear of persecution.
Too busy to read the whole thread right, or to get an image past the spam filter, but google "political spectrum" and you find charts that put liberalism right in the middle. Most of Western civilization has shifted to the right, so the "center" of the spectrum when you poll people is on the right. But by definition of the word, liberal is centrist, it tries to include everyone and balance the rights of the individual with the rights of the majority or any group. You might mean far-left when you say liberal. But unless you say what programs and ideas you are talking about, I won't know.
You can push the idea of rights to ridiculous lengths. There has to be some limit on what people are entitled to, otherwise, society becomes unmanageable. What about the right to own a gun versus the right of a person not to be shot? Our laws are exactly that. You can own a gun, but you have to be responsible, which means you can't shoot people. You are having random thoughts and typing, you aren't even stopping to think about what you are thinking. Or you are a troll.
which leads to what amounts to "victim-worship".
"victim-worship" That's funny. It seems to me the new GOP and Trump are the one's who are all about self-victimization-worship. Listen to the delusional garbage being pumped out by the GOP machine. Everybody hates them and everyone else is a perceived enemy. :down:Thats not what I'm talking about, but I'll respond this way - the hate for Trump is intense, and coming from a fairly big segment of society, but he doesn't act like a victim. He's a superstar and he knows it. The GOP might have some names who feel sorry for themselves, probably most don't. What I'm talking about is the liberal tendency to become too compassionate towards marginalized groups at everyone else's expense. It basically amounts to an almost religious veneration of these groups. Another word for it is pathological altruism. And it's as if the liberal elite need to compete with one another to show who occupies the highest 'moral ground.' Maybe they think they stand a better chance of going to Heaven. What an idiotic statement, during the run-up to the last election it was mostly republicans who were vehemently opposed to Trump, many in the GOP leadership trying to formulate ways to deny him the party candidacy at the conference and most other presidential candidates refusing to endorse Trump. Some in the GOP leadership going as far as referring to Trump as a sexual predator. This is revisionist BS lacking any foundation at all, just like Trump. There is a huge segment of the US population opposed to Trump on firm moral, ethical and legal ground. The moral grounds being he is by his own admission a sexual predator which may include a the rape of a 13 year old girl who came forward last year. Ethical grounds include the hacking of last years election most likely in cooperation with the Russians and before that business practices that are more than borderline fraudulent. Those also create serious legal issues for a man now sitting in the Oval Office. This is just more of the kind of mindless "All the kings men"mentality that we saw with Nixon under siege during Watergate. Protect the unethical, immoral jerk in the White House no matter the cost to the Constitution and the nation. What was done at that time was obstruction of justice and violation of other laws, what's being done on the behalf of Trump now is treason and that has even more serious consequences. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
Now that they likely have Trump on obstruction of justice charges over the Comey affair I think it's far more likely they'll go after him on that. But those under him won't have the same protection, it's entirely possible that some of you could end up facing the death penalty....keep it up I say.

And we don’t even have to ask why the republican leadership might have been very strongly opposed Donald Trump well before the last election, the republican Congressional leadership were taped discussing how Trump is in fact an agent of the Russian government last year.

A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin. “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.
The fact the idiots in the republican party elected a Russian mole is on them, not liberals, enough with the disgusting scapegoating ala Breitbart.
"victim-worship" That's funny. It seems to me the new GOP and Trump are the one's who are all about self-victimization-worship. Listen to the delusional garbage being pumped out by the GOP machine. Everybody hates them and everyone else is a perceived enemy. :down:Thats not what I'm talking about, but I'll respond this way - the hate for Trump is intense, and coming from a fairly big segment of society, but he doesn't act like a victim. He's a superstar and he knows it. The GOP might have some names who feel sorry for themselves, probably most don't. What I'm talking about is the liberal tendency to become too compassionate towards marginalized groups at everyone else's expense. It basically amounts to an almost religious veneration of these groups. Another word for it is pathological altruism. And it's as if the liberal elite need to compete with one another to show who occupies the highest 'moral ground.' Maybe they think they stand a better chance of going to Heaven. Pretty sure you're describing the religious right that helped put a Russian mole in the Oval Office. Liberals are more focused on making life here better for as many people as possible, not obsessing about god and heaven. Lausten is bang on, conservative troll...
And to be clear, the rally cry of the American Revolution wasn't. "Give me conformism or give me death!", it was, "Give me LIBERTY or give me death!" Liberals are far truer to the spirit of America than people who keep trying to ram their religious, political, economic and personal beliefs down everybody else's throat. You know, conservatives... Go live in Iran or Saudi Arabia if you want to experience what ruthlessly enforced conformism is like...
What makes you think Saudi Arabia is not a better society to live in than the US? How do you measure happiness? Some of my family got to Virginia colony in the 1740s and relatives have fought in every major war the US has had, including the Revolutionary War, freedom was literally worth the price of death to them. I measure happiness by the freedom to hold the religious beliefs of your choice, to decide to live in ways that make you happy as long as they don't harm other people and the protection of laws that uphold individual rights and freedoms. All this was a rejection of the kind of tyranny of the old world the US was leaving behind during the War of INDEPENDENCE. Saudi Arabia and Iran have none of those, they ruthlessly impose rule based on religious grounds that effectively enslaves the mind. Being an obvious Trump supporter I can see why something like that would appeal to you. Trump and the movement behind him has been a giant step backwards for America.

Many of us have lost relatives fighting against the same nation that is now trying to take over the US from within through a president they put in power and obviously control as we saw with Trump firing Comey a day before his meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador. At that meeting he passed them highly classified material placing US and allied assets in danger and he also described the former FBI director as a “nut job” Trump fired because of Comey’s investigation into Trump’s links to the Russians.
Which is obstruction of justice in defense of treason.
It’s clear who Trump is working for, it’s only a matter of time until he is removed from office.

Considering the nature of the current attack on the US I think it’s just as like likely that webplodder is sitting in an office in a highly secured building in Moscow as him? being in Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York, etc…
If such is the case I’d just like to pass on the same kind of sentiment that some of my relatives have in places like Korea and Vietnam while looking down the sights of a Garand or M-16.

But where does it say that some men can't have many feminine attributes and some women can't have many male attributes?
Liberals say that. The very thing you made this thread to speak against. It's liberalism that allows you to say that without fear of persecution. Then I applaud liberalism.
Too busy to read the whole thread right, or to get an image past the spam filter, but google "political spectrum" and you find charts that put liberalism right in the middle. Most of Western civilization has shifted to the right, so the "center" of the spectrum when you poll people is on the right. But by definition of the word, liberal is centrist, it tries to include everyone and balance the rights of the individual with the rights of the majority or any group. You might mean far-left when you say liberal. But unless you say what programs and ideas you are talking about, I won't know.
You can push the idea of rights to ridiculous lengths. There has to be some limit on what people are entitled to, otherwise, society becomes unmanageable. What about the right to own a gun versus the right of a person not to be shot? Our laws are exactly that. You can own a gun, but you have to be responsible, which means you can't shoot people. You are having random thoughts and typing, you aren't even stopping to think about what you are thinking. Or you are a troll. You say you can own a gun as long as you are responsible so please answer the question as to why many other modern democracies would not tolerate the gun laws that are applicable in the US. Also, are you really suggesting that anyone who does not necessarily concur with the US gun laws cannot think? Pres. Obama wasn't crazy about them and I think we can safely say he could think.
"victim-worship" That's funny. It seems to me the new GOP and Trump are the one's who are all about self-victimization-worship. Listen to the delusional garbage being pumped out by the GOP machine. Everybody hates them and everyone else is a perceived enemy. :down:Thats not what I'm talking about, but I'll respond this way - the hate for Trump is intense, and coming from a fairly big segment of society, but he doesn't act like a victim. He's a superstar and he knows it. The GOP might have some names who feel sorry for themselves, probably most don't. What I'm talking about is the liberal tendency to become too compassionate towards marginalized groups at everyone else's expense. It basically amounts to an almost religious veneration of these groups. Another word for it is pathological altruism. And it's as if the liberal elite need to compete with one another to show who occupies the highest 'moral ground.' Maybe they think they stand a better chance of going to Heaven. What an idiotic statement, during the run-up to the last election it was mostly republicans who were vehemently opposed to Trump, many in the GOP leadership trying to formulate ways to deny him the party candidacy at the conference and most other presidential candidates refusing to endorse Trump. Some in the GOP leadership going as far as referring to Trump as a sexual predator. This is revisionist BS lacking any foundation at all, just like Trump. There is a huge segment of the US population opposed to Trump on firm moral, ethical and legal ground. The moral grounds being he is by his own admission a sexual predator which may include a the rape of a 13 year old girl who came forward last year. Ethical grounds include the hacking of last years election most likely in cooperation with the Russians and before that business practices that are more than borderline fraudulent. Those also create serious legal issues for a man now sitting in the Oval Office. This is just more of the kind of mindless "All the kings men"mentality that we saw with Nixon under siege during Watergate. Protect the unethical, immoral jerk in the White House no matter the cost to the Constitution and the nation. What was done at that time was obstruction of justice and violation of other laws, what's being done on the behalf of Trump now is treason and that has even more serious consequences. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
Now that they likely have Trump on obstruction of justice charges over the Comey affair I think it's far more likely they'll go after him on that. But those under him won't have the same protection, it's entirely possible that some of you could end up facing the death penalty....keep it up I say. And yet Trump overturned the polls and got in anyway. If Trump is such an awful person why is he still enjoying popular support from many ordinary, honest people who just want a fair deal? He is a flawed man but anymore so than previous Presidents? What you do not seem to understand is that Trump does not need to 'play the game', politically speaking, because he is doing what he does for the benefit of ordinary people, not the elite, and they love him for it. He is not of the political class because he already has (or had) a day job and, therefore, acts out of true altruism, something that Hillary Clinton could never be accused of. She was (and still is) a creature of the corporations and if elected, would have betrayed most ordinary people in favor of corporated profit. Do you seriously think Trump is a traitor and in the pocket of Putin? If so, who's the idiot now? Also, please show me and everyone else some hard evidences to support such accusations. Heresay doesn't count. The liberal elite simply cannot stomach the fact that not everyone in America subscribes to their world view. How liberal is that?
You say you can own a gun as long as you are responsible so please answer the question as to why many other modern democracies would not tolerate the gun laws that are applicable in the US. Also, are you really suggesting that anyone who does not necessarily concur with the US gun laws cannot think? Pres. Obama wasn't crazy about them and I think we can safely say he could think.
Why are you asking me about other democracies? What does this have to do with the topic? I can't generalize about all other democracies and their laws. I said nothing about not being able to think. You having a conversation with yourself.

In the end this has nothing to do with what role liberalism may play in any society.
This is just another pathetic attempt to divert attention from the only issue regarding the Trump “presidency”.
That is the treason he committed to get elected and the act of war the Russian government committed in placing their agent in the highest office of a rival.

Now that they likely have Trump on obstruction of justice charges over the Comey affair I think it's far more likely they'll go after him on that. But those under him won't have the same protection, it's entirely possible that some of you could end up facing the death penalty....keep it up I say. And yet Trump overturned the polls and got in anyway. If Trump is such an awful person why is he still enjoying popular support from many ordinary, honest people who just want a fair deal? He is a flawed man but anymore so than previous Presidents? What you do not seem to understand is that Trump does not need to 'play the game', politically speaking, because he is doing what he does for the benefit of ordinary people, not the elite, and they love him for it. He is not of the political class because he already has (or had) a day job and, therefore, acts out of true altruism, something that Hillary Clinton could never be accused of. She was (and still is) a creature of the corporations and if elected, would have betrayed most ordinary people in favor of corporated profit. Do you seriously think Trump is a traitor and in the pocket of Putin? If so, who's the idiot now? Also, please show me and everyone else some hard evidences to support such accusations. Heresay doesn't count. The liberal elite simply cannot stomach the fact that not everyone in America subscribes to their world view. How liberal is that? You're full of crap, I come from a republican family, the only reason that most people voted for Trump is there was no way they were going to vote for Hillary. He was not well likely by most republicans and once the worm starts to turn will be almost entirely abandoned by them. Google Benedict Arnold to see what most Americans think of traitors. And I'm pretty sure that a billionaire who routinely screws working people out of their hard earned money through things like Trump "University" and not paying workers and contractors isn't going to do a damn thing for anybody but himself in office. This sounds like some idealized nonsense of someone who doesn't even live in America, the same with your stereotypical depiction of what liberalism is. As for the Russians hacking the US election, even Trump admits it happened, he just won't admit it was done on his behalf and with his participation... because that would be treason. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14S0O6
President-elect Donald Trump accepts the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia engaged in cyber attacks during the U.S. presidential election and may take action in response, his incoming chief of staff said on Sunday. Reince Priebus said Trump believed Russia was behind the intrusions into the Democratic Party organizations, although Priebus did not clarify whether the president-elect agreed that the hacks were directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Then we have the multiple contacts of Trump people with Russian intelligence and government officials throughout the election and beyond. Including Mike Flynn who was in phone contact with the Russian ambassador 5 times - something he was forced to resign over just days into his job - on the day the Obama administration was introducing sanctions to punish the Russian government for its attack on the US political system and multiple contacts of Jared Kushner had with Russian officials we're still finding out about. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kushner-russia-contacts-1.4134185
U.S. President Donald Trump's son-in-law and close adviser, Jared Kushner, had at least three previously undisclosed contacts with the Russian ambassador to the United States during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, seven current and former U.S. officials told Reuters. Those contacts included two phone calls between April and November last year, two of the sources said. By early this year, Kushner had become a focus of the FBI investigation into whether there was any collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, said two other sources —one current and one former law enforcement official.
How about the covert meeting of Erik Prince and Russian officials in the Seychelles, and it just goes on from there. Then we get to the obstruction of justice by Trump himself in first asking the FBI director to stop investigating his links to the Russian government then firing him when he refused. Something he told Russian government officials the next day he did so to take the heat off him over his likely treason. No, there's nothing to see here at all...

I was staying in a republican home for the months leading up to the election and right after, I met and got to know many people who ended up voting for Trump. None of them were happy with the situation and more than one talked about how this was the worst choice of candidates in their lives.
There is a group that loves what Trump stands for, his attacks on Mexicans, Muslims and blacks. They loved going to his white power rallies and punching blacks in the head. The man running his campaign in the last weeks before the election is widely considered to be a fascist and right after the election American Nazis showed up in Washington to literally Sieg Heil their new Fuhrer.

“Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!" That’s how Richard B. Spencer saluted more than 200 attendees on Saturday, gathered at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., for the annual conference of the National Policy Institute, which describes itself as “an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world." Spencer has popularized the term “alt-right" to describe the movement he leads. Spencer has said his dream is “a new society, an ethno-state that would be a gathering point for all Europeans," and has called for “peaceful ethnic cleansing."
So the people who are behind Trump all the way are the Russian government and white supremacists, those really aren't groups that represent core American values...

So sure Trump is going to make America great again… only it’s in the sense of Peter and Catherine, not George, Abraham and Franklin.
I never thought I’d live to see the day when a KGB dominated Russian government and f…ing neo-nazis were being allowed to define what America is.

What’s so gut wrenchingly to watch is how most of America has slide right into the comfort zone.
Just keep that boob-tube feeding em satisfying bullshit and all’s well with the world.
When’s the last time you heard about Steve Bannon, master of lies and manipulation and hate speech,
now our President’s closest advisor.
And no one seems to give a damned, well no one outside of the tiny circle of political activists who are getting wornout,
with no second or third string waiting and getting ready to take up the slack.
Hideous times. And the aftermath . . . . . . .
A healthy Democracy demands and informed and engaged citizenry - and America is failing the test.

There’s is movement going on behind the scenes, once the real America gets moving again it’s going to be something people haven’t seen in a long time.
Putin has been fucking with us for years and Trump is the culmination of that, believe me there is payback coming.

Considering the nature of the current attack on the US I think it's just as like likely that webplodder is sitting in an office in a highly secured building in Moscow as him? being in Washington D.C., Atlanta, New York, etc... If such is the case I'd just like to pass on the same kind of sentiment that some of my relatives have in places like Korea and Vietnam while looking down the sights of a Garand or M-16.
But those under him won’t have the same protection, it’s entirely possible that some of you could end up facing the death penalty….keep it up I say.
Somebody call DougC's psychiatrist, he's losing it.

According to Alexander Litvinenko shortly before Putin had him murdered with Polonium-210, the FSB trained the main architect of the Al Qaeda attacks on the US in the late 1990s and early 2000s including 9/11.

Perhaps most notably, he alleged that al-Qaeda number two Ayman al-Zawahiri was trained by the FSB in Dagestan in the years before the 9/11 attacks.
They aren't our friends and after what they've almost certainly done by placing their pet psychopath in office in the US I think they can be considered America's greatest threat now. First step is to remove Trump then begin the long road back from the Russian backed terrorism that has cost so many lives in the west. We didn't ask for it, but it's time to face up to the reality that we have been in a low grade conflict with Russia that never really ended. How can the Russians making hostile actions to place their man in charge of all the US be seen as anything else but an act of war. Putin is the enemy and Trump is merely one of his weapons. Wake the hell up republicans, Kevin McCarthy had it right last year when he stated that Trump was Putin's man.