India: The Modi Question

There has been a lot of coverage about this new BBC documentary and its suppression in India. I’m interested in for two reasons:

1. I’m curious about anything that somebody is trying to prevent me from seeing/reading. My favorite tea mug is “banned books”
  2. Hindus, perhaps because there sometimes conflated with Buddhists, are generally thought of as peaceful folk, folding their hands and greeting with " Namaste". But the assassin of Gandhi was not an Islamic jihadi, but a Hindu nationalist.

My quest to view the documentary itself is so far failing. A Google search suggested that it might be available on the BBC channel on Amazon Prime streaming, but I haven’t been able to find it.

Any thoughts or suggestions on where to get access?

1 Like

Have you tried ; BBC Two - India: The Modi Question, Series 1, Episode 1

:+1:t2:

The back story:

1 Like

I did try and got the message that " BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues…"

There are some videos on Youtube that reference Modi. Perhaps they might be of interest.

Pretty tragic. What’s to be done, and now AI will be increasing adding weapon to the suspension of free media, free speech, constructive dialogue, learning from facing our mistakes.

At 11:25 there’s an interesting boast: “In 2002 we taught them (journalists) such a lesson that they (The Free Press) haven’t dared to do anything for 22 years”

The free fall continues, as the wreckage piles up.

1 Like