In God We Trust

You wannabe ape folks are intent on stripping human culture of all evidence of humanity. Apes, if they could, would want to be like people.

Sree,

Never mind the apes. You can be as self-satisfied as you want, the fact remains that you (and I) are 10% human and 90 % bacterial.

It is single celled bacteria what keep you alive. You may want to be a little more respectful of your place in the scheme of things.

I don’t trust in God. I trust my beneficial bacterial symbionts.

Putting God no money and into the Pledge of Allegiance was done in the '50s as a government mind control play to make people hate communism, specifically the Russians. It now serves no purpose except to make godboys hard. And it is insulting to a growing percentage of the population.

That being said, it has been challenged in the courts before. Unfortunately the government officials and the judges they appoint do not see non-Christians as a big enough population yet to affect poll numbers significantly, so they will continue to discriminate to make happy the group which does have big enough numbers to affect poll numbers significantly.

@Widdershins, Unfortunately the government officials and the judges they appoint do not see non-Christians as a big enough population yet to affect poll numbers significantly, so they will continue to discriminate to make happy the group which does have big enough numbers to affect poll numbers significantly.
Promises of a lot of nightmares are in the pipeline now.
1 in every 4 circuit court judges is now a Trump appointee

By Colby Itkowitz
Dec. 21, 2019 at 5:32 p.m. MST
After three years in office, President Trump has remade the federal judiciary, ensuring a conservative tilt for decades and cementing his legacy no matter the outcome of November’s election.
Trump nominees make up 1 in 4 U.S. circuit court judges. Two of his picks sit on the Supreme Court. And this past week, as the House voted to impeach the president, the Republican-led Senate confirmed an additional 13 district court judges.
In total, Trump has installed 187 judges to the federal bench.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/one-in-every-four-circuit-court-judges-is-now-a-trump-appointee/2019/12/21/d6fa1e98-2336-11ea-bed5-880264cc91a9_story.html

Scratching the surface:

Donald Trump judicial appointment controversies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_judicial_appointment_controversies

Sree, you know once in a while you sound like you might have brain, but then you come up with idiotic nonsense like this,

You wannabe ape folks are intent on stripping human culture of all evidence of humanity.
So you really have no grasp of the passage of deep time, or you think you are a TV show that God switched on a few days ago?

What is it that terrifies you of the notion of evolution? (check out the bibliography, there is mucho mucho supporting evidence, and it’s incredibly fascinating.)

Widdershin: That being said, it has been challenged in the courts before. Unfortunately the government officials and the judges they appoint do not see non-Christians as a big enough population yet to affect poll numbers significantly, so they will continue to discriminate to make happy the group which does have big enough numbers to affect poll numbers significantly.
Non-Christians, including non-religious Americans, will never be "a big enough numbers to affect poll numbers significantly". Latinos are mostly Catholics, blacks have a church front store in every block in the cities, and these two cultural groups make up 90% of minorities. And 90% of the rest identify themselves as members of one faith or another. As for the white American majority, God is so ingrained in their lives that every conscious denial is an unconscious affirmation of their creationist DNA. Have you seen Joe Biden making the sign of the cross in jest? He does it the way an Italian hooker in Rome would every time the church bell tolls.

Sree said “Non-Christians, including non-religious Americans, will never be “a big enough numbers to affect poll numbers significantly”…”

It is comforting to me that you will likely live to see the day that some of your naïve assertions are blown away by reality.

Sree said; As for the white American majority, God is so ingrained in their lives that every conscious denial is an unconscious affirmation of their creationist DNA.

Can you explain what you mean by the statement, “God is so ingrained that a conscious denial is an unconscious affirmation of a creationist DNA”? (edit for brevity mine)

Seldom have I heard such convoluted religious word salad. Bravo for the effort!

Write4U: Can you explain what you mean by the statement, “God is so ingrained that a conscious denial is an unconscious affirmation of a creationist DNA”? (edit for brevity mine)

Seldom have I heard such convoluted religious word salad. Bravo for the effort!

It is not difficult to explain what I said. The issue is your receptivity to reason. Atheists pride themselves as champions of social justice in their fight against the dominance of Christianity on American life. Where do you think the very idea of social justice reform come from? Blessed are the meek and the weak. Resist! even in the face of ferocious lions in the Coliseum. The angry atheist of today is a Christian mutation. If you disagree, then dissect your atheist psyche and lay it bare for critical examination. (Mriana is a psychologist. Any professional comment from her would be appreciated.)

Where did Ghandi get his sense of justice? Confucius? Marcus Aurelius? Native Americans? Aztecs who fought off Spaniards? Africans who were enslaved by Christians?

The topic is about opposition to Alabama’s SB 131, Lausten. Some folks want to eradicate any evidence of Christian influence in American culture. The Taliban destroyed Buddha statues in the Bamiyan Valley. I don’t know what their complaint was. I suspect they found those statutes offensive also. My comment was about atheists in America and their war against perceived Christian oppression.

Some folks want to eradicate any evidence of Christian influence in American culture.
That's a little disingenuous and an outright falsehood. Unless you can point to the group that wants to get rid of all churches because they might drive by and accidentally see one. And I promise you, if you find such a group I will side with you against them. Freedom means being free to do things you would never consider doing. If you're not free enough that you can do things you don't even want to do then you aren't really free at all, the restrictions on your freedoms just don't affect you, personally.

What they want is to not be bashed over the head constantly with the Christian religion. They want the same respect a Christian would get. If you think atheists and non-Christians aren’t persecuted in this country, think again. In just March of 2018 lawmakers celebrated the Navy’s decision to reject applications for the position of chaplain by secular and humanist applicants. That is a blatant violation of their First Amendment rights. If the chaplain position is inherently religions then, by law, it should not be funded by the government. If it is not then, by law, there can be no religious test to apply for it. Christians would FREAK if they got refused a job because they were Christian. Yet they applaud when someone gets refused a job because they’re not Christian.

And this is what the fight is against. Any time you make a prominent display important to the belief systems of a single group while ignoring the belief systems of all other groups you are saying, “This group is more important. All other groups are lesser.” Having “In God we trust” on our money is a perfect example of that. Why is it there? Why does it need to be there? Who would be harmed if it were removed? Who would be harmed if it were to stay? And hell, there’s a very good argument for getting rid of it right now. It was put there in the '50s as a part of anti-Russia sentiment. Russia now picks our presidents, so its purpose is defunct.

I want it gone because it’s a slap in the face to me. It says “Christians are important. Christianity is important.” But where’s the notice that says, “Muslims are important”? Where’s the sign in the schools that says, “Humanists are important”? Where’s the plaque at the courthouse which says, “Satanists are important”?

You can pretend to not understand why we are against this all you want, but we both know you understand perfectly well. There’s a reason states will refuse to remove the Ten Commandments monument…UNTIL they decide that leaving them in place would mean that the Satanic Temple could construct their own monument as well. That makes these things symbols of Christian dominance. Because only CHRISTIAN sayings, slogans, symbols and relics can be displayed and place on public property and currency. Nobody else can do this. Just Christians. So it’s not about our “heritage” or the “Christian influence in our culture”. It’s about dominance.

And really, how weak is the faith of the person who needs to see these symbols everywhere for constant confirmation that they’re right and everyone else is wrong? It’s a very petty thing done by very petty people who cry like little babies the MOMENT they see any non-Christian display. They just can’t handle it. They go nuts. The burn pride flags and vandalize Christmas displays that challenge their fragile world view. Hell, someone in the Dover school district burned a student’s painting depicting the evolution of man, hanging in a science room. It depicted accepted scientific theory. It was not religious in any way. It was not offensive in any way. But triggered some school employee who felt that their belief system just couldn’t coincide with scientific understanding they didn’t like.

So answer me this. If Christians can’t even handle occasional, temporary displays of beliefs and opinions that they disagree with without losing their shit and burning things then how is it in any way “reasonable” to ask me to deal with it every single day of my life from birth to death? Because that’s the reality here. One side wants respect and equal treatment while the other side wants to be able both say anything they want, anywhere they want, any time they want to anyone they want without EVER hearing, seeing or “sensing” an opposing view.

Some folks want to eradicate any evidence of Christian influence in American culture.
I figured you'd avoid the question and come up with some extremist position and claim that's the real problem. No one is going to eradicate Christianity any time soon.

Sree asks: “…Where do you think the very idea of social justice reform come from? Blessed are the meek and the weak. Resist! even in the face of ferocious lions in the Coliseum…”

TimB replies: If there were a prize for getting things wrong, you would be the odds on favorite champion.

Homer, 700 BC (before Christ) >

https://www.brighthubeducation.com/english-homework-help/9379-early-greek-hexameter-poetry-the-odyssey-and-justice/

Justice, or dike, as defined by Plato in his Republic, is the idea that each individual ought to have, do, and receive what is fitting for him to have, do, and receive.”

The Ancient Greeks were eaten up with ideas on the concept of “Justice”.

Lausten: No one is going to eradicate Christianity any time soon.
Amen to that. But these folks want to chip, chip, chip at the statue. One little toe here and a little finger there until the monument is totally disfigured. Christian religious symbols are meaningless to atheists unless they are vampires. My question is this, don't we have important social issues like feeding the poor and dealing with the homeless situation? We don't need superstitions. I get that. How about pitching in and helping religious groups in their humanitarian efforts? They are fools to believe they are doing it for God. Who cares? As long as it is for the public good, rational humanists, with their eyes on the ball, should have no quarrel with them.

Why don’t they pitch in with secular groups? Why should I give to a less transparent group? Or one that flagrantly uses funds to promote Jesus? A 501 has to show how they are doing good, why not churches?

To each his own, then. Secular groups do their good works and churches help the poor. Live and let live. No sniping across the aisle.

To each his own, then. Secular groups do their good works and churches help the poor. Live and let live. No sniping across the aisle.
If it actually worked like that it would be perfect. Unfortunately it often doesn't. Catholic hospitals dominate the country. Not only do they provide less care, refusing any procedures the church disagrees with, not only do the doctors at these hospitals refuse to give important medical advice which conflicts with the church's teachings, in some recorded instances causing patients to suffer and risk death unnecessarily, but they actually do less charity work than do public hospitals.

Everyone should have exactly the same rights everyone else has. Everyone should have the same right to marry the person who makes them happy (a few legitimate obvious exceptions aside). Everyone should have the same right to worship or not as they see fit. And everyone should have the same right to express their religious views. Yet the same people fighting for public displays of the Christian faith fight against public displays of literally every other religious viewpoint. After a lifetime of that or so it starts to piss you off a little.

Thank you Widders