How the Democratic Party of complacency and pettiness is going to lose this november - a case study

The f’n old guard is going to do all it can to hang on to its power in typical shoot self in the foot manner which they have perfected to an art form.
God help America, considering they are the only thing that stands between us and the Republican Totalitarian Plan for America

DCCC GOES NUCLEAR, SLAMS DEM CANDIDATE AS CORRUPT FOR SAME BEHAVIOR IT ENGAGES IN REGULARLY Lee Fang, Ryan Grim, David Dayen https://theintercept.com/2018/02/22/national-democrats-go-nuclear-publicly-slam-a-dem-candidate-as-corrupt-for-far-less-than-its-own-officials-do ON THURSDAY EVENING, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee took the extraordinary step of publicly attacking a prominent Democratic candidate in a contested Texas primary. The party committee’s move was made all the more jarring given the background of the candidate, Laura Moser, who in 2017 became a hero of the Trump resistance movement as the creator of Daily Action, a text-messaging tool that channelled progressive anger into a single piece of activism per day. “Voters in Houston have organized for over a year to hold Rep. [John] Culberson accountable and win this Clinton district," DCCC Communications Director Meredith Kelly told the Texas Tribune. “Unfortunately, Laura Moser’s outright disgust for life in Texas disqualifies her as a general election candidate, and would rob voters of their opportunity to flip Texas’ 7th in November." The comment followed the release of an opposition dossier the party compiled on Moser. To date, the DCCC has made only two such memos public, one on Moser, and the other on arch-conservative Rick Saccone, a Republican running in an upcoming special election in Pennsylvania. ...
Like a bunch of ADD kids the "big boys" simply cannot seem to keep their eye on the prize. Instead reverting back to self-interest, and back stabbing, above all else. Sure hope there are some steaming younger generations leaders ready to blow these old fools out of the water. Damn the dinosaurs.

Ugh the Democratic party is falling apart. I hate the American two party duopoly. We need another party to save us from the gridlock.

Ugh the Democratic party is falling apart. I hate the American two party duopoly. We need another party to save us from the gridlock.
I like that idea but the US winner-take-all system inevitably produces 2 parties. Probably not much we can do about that besides wait for change, and it seems like the most reliable source of change in party policies comes from generational turnover.

I like that idea but the US winner-take-all system inevitably produces 2 parties. Probably not much we can do about that besides wait for change, and it seems like the most reliable source of change in party policies comes from generational turnover. Guess you haven't been paying much attention to Koch assault on the Republican Party. Future radical changes in our two party systems and government system itself will be coming from that direction.
Americans for (Koch's) Prosperity http://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com Recently Americans for Prosperity, the Koch front group, has invaded the Eastern slope of Colorado. This blog is dedicated to gathering and sharing information about the group's agenda and its many deceptions. Americans for (Koch's) Prosperity http://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com Recently Americans for Prosperity, the Koch front group, has invaded the Eastern slope of Colorado. This blog is dedicated to gathering and sharing information about the group's agenda and its many deceptions. January 30, 2018 ¶ Why start this blog? January 30, 2018 Americans for Prosperity's Siren Song January 30, 2018 Senator Reid Exposes the Radical Koch bros - 2014 January 30, 2018 Koch's Covert Operations. By Jane Mayer - 2010 January 30, 2018 Kochs in-house Political Spy Organization. Mayer, and Vogel. 2015 January 30, 2018 Koch Wins, Climate Agreement Broken. Jane Mayer - 2017 January 31, 2018 YOUTHFUEL: Americans for Prosperity, the video 2014 January 31, 2018 Freedom Partners, Funding Dirty Tricks - 2013, Politico Exposé January 31, 2018 SourceWatch report: Americans for Prosperity, the gritty details. January 31, 2018 ¶ ’Sons of Wichita’ by Daniel Schulman, Koch bio - 2014 January 31, 2018 ¶ Considering 1/29/18 Durango Herald report on Americans for Prosperity - Jonathan Romeo _________________________________________________________________________________ February 2, 2018 ¶ Five Myths About the Koch Brothers - Alexander Hertel-Fernandez, Theda Skocpol* - 2016 February 3, 2018 Koch's Marriage with BigTobacco - Citizens for a Sound Economy - 1993 February 3, 2018 ¶ What Voters Need To Know - David Cay Johnston - 2018 February 4, 2018 Making Sense of the Koch Network - Skocpol - 2016 February 4, 2018 Overwhelming evidence, Koch Network, GOP Extremism - 2016 February 4, 2018 Koch Shadow Network Funding Dangerous Candidates - H.Nations - 2016 February 5, 2018 Koch Government? Public Citizen investigates - 2017 February 5, 2018 Koch Government? Public Citizen investigates - Appendix February 6, 2018 Koch Government? Public Citizen investigates - Poster Session - 2017 February 10, 2018 La Plata Democratic Precinct Caucuses March 6, 2018 February 11, 2018 ¶ Why the fear? From the front line. February 12, 2018 KOCH EXPOSED - The Center for Media and Democracy Project - 2017 February 14, 2018 How Democracies Die - Levitsky and Ziblatt - 2018 February 15, 2018 ¶ Scandal-Ridden Scoundrel - Charles M. Blow - 2/15/18 February 16, 2018 Decline to Sign the Gwen Lachelt Recall - Reject dirty tricks! February 16, 2018 ¶ SaveLaPlataCounty's Recall Petition Examined - dirty tricks in action. February 17, 2018 Commissioner Lachelt Recall Is Unfair - L.T. - 2/15/18 February 18, 2018 ¶ SaveLaPlataCounty's "Facts" Tainted by Koch's DarkMoney Tentacles February 19, 2018 Koch Brothers Exposed [2014] Robert Greenwald documentary February 24, 2018 ¶ “O the irony!" says "Save"LaPlata's front man, Peters. The irony indeed. February 25, 2018 Kochs' Weaponized Philanthropy Machine - MapLight.org - 2018 February 25, 2018 Lachelt: Transparency regarding environmental venture - 2017 February 25, 2018 K.Francis: Big oil and gas behind county commissioner attacks - 11/17/17 February 27, 2018 ¶ Breen LandUseCode Community Meeting - This Is What Democracy Looks Like ! February 28, 2018 ¶ Open let LaPlata BoCC - re anonymous letter(s?) - 2/28/18 _________________________________________________________________________________ March 4, 2018 Kochs' 400 million dollar assault on our democracy - 2018 March 4, 2018 Kochs using their wealth to fabricate a facade - 2018 March 4, 2018 Documented Investigations.org - 2018 Election - get informed (Since much of this collection is simply sharing the work of others, I’m using the pilcrow “¶" to indicate posts that contain my own thoughts and write-ups.)
Not it's not, it's reinventing itself. https://www.justicedemocrats.com/ Meanwhile the republican party has a Russian backed puppet in the White House and a Congress full of for rent corporate tools like Paul Ryan who got a nice big payoff for giving people like the Kochs huge sums of money with his "tax" bill. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/paul-ryan-gets-massive-donations-from-billionaires-after-helping-pass-tax-reform-report/article/2646616
House Speaker Paul Ryan collected nearly $500,000 in campaign contributions from Charles Koch and his wife after helping usher through a massive tax reform law. According to a recent campaign finance report filed Thursday, Koch and his wife Elizabeth each donated $247,7000 to Ryan’s joint fundraising committee.
Americans do have a choice, they can turn the country over completely to billionaires and Russian oligarchs or they can vote in people who are committed to ending the kind of corruption that is rapidly killing America.
There are many other parties. Who’s stopping any party from forming? We have two parties because that’s what rhe electorate wants. They like an “us vs them" system. More than two main parties is too much for them to deal with.
Not it's not, it's reinventing itself. https://www.justicedemocrats.com/ And a hell of a lot more people need to step up! DougC have you been sharing http://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com knowledge is power. :-)
I like that idea but the US winner-take-all system inevitably produces 2 parties. Probably not much we can do about that besides wait for change, and it seems like the most reliable source of change in party policies comes from generational turnover. Guess you haven't been paying much attention to Koch assault on the Republican Party. Future radical changes in our two party systems and government system itself will be coming from that direction. I'm skeptical of the idea that big donors are steering parties away from what voters want to see. Policy wise, Koch industries is very much aligned with most republicans as it is. Not to mention the typical GOP voter and the Koch bros. are the same demographic, and their time is limited.

Wouldn’t it be cool if all politicians were required to wear uniforms like race car drivers with the logos showing all who sponsor them?

I'm skeptical of the idea that big donors are steering parties away from what voters want to see. Policy wise, Koch industries is very much aligned with most republicans as it is.
Simply a reflection of how little you've actually looked into it for yourself. I been putting together a collection https://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com :coolsmirk: ThinkTanks that turn out fraud, FAUX News, Breitbart, these puppet masters are brainwashing people with lies and misrepresentations. Contriving enemies in every direction and creating one self-destructive policy after another. Just look at the resurgent racism, white supremist attitudes, the sudden panic to build a wall, hell even the right-to-life thing is a manipulated contrivance.
Wouldn't it be cool if all politicians were required to wear uniforms like race car drivers with the logos showing all who sponsor them?
I'd be happy if we just got a little more demanding about expecting honesty and rational constructive debate.
I'm skeptical of the idea that big donors are steering parties away from what voters want to see. Policy wise, Koch industries is very much aligned with most republicans as it is.
Simply a reflection of how little you've actually looked into it for yourself. I been putting together a collection https://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com :coolsmirk: ThinkTanks that turn out fraud, FAUX News, Breitbart, these puppet masters are brainwashing people with lies and misrepresentations. Contriving enemies in every direction and creating one self-destructive policy after another. Just look at the resurgent racism, white supremist attitudes, the sudden panic to build a wall, hell even the right-to-life thing is a manipulated contrivance.What does Koch industries have to do with the above? They lobby for corporate interests and nothing else. Breitbart et al is something totally different.

Yeah well maybe corporate interests have gone insane.
Beyond that, guess it’s like that old saying, you can lead a horse to water], but you can’t make him drink.
Given a little healthy curiosity, you too can learn why what Kochs and pals are doing is beyond the pale - they want to turn the clock back to the days of the robber barons.
You seem to be okay with that, I’m not.

March 4, 2018 Kochs' 400 million dollar assault on our democracy - 2018 http://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com/2018/03/kochs-400million-assault-on-democracy.html March 4, 2018 Kochs using their wealth to fabricate a facade - 2018 ... March 4, 2018 Documented Investigations.org - 2018 Election - get informed ...

What does Koch industries have to do with the above? .
Here's a reading list for you to get up to speed on what's been going on under our noses.
http://americansforkochsprosperity.blogspot.com January 30, 2018 Senator Reid Exposes the Radical Koch bros - 2014 January 30, 2018 Koch’s Covert Operations. By Jane Mayer - 2010 January 30, 2018 Kochs in-house Political Spy Organization. Mayer, and Vogel. 2015 January 31, 2018 Freedom Partners, Funding Dirty Tricks - 2013, Politico Exposé January 31, 2018 SourceWatch report: Americans for Prosperity, the gritty details. February 3, 2018 Koch’s Marriage with BigTobacco - Citizens for a Sound Economy - 1993 February 5, 2018 Koch Government? Public Citizen investigates - 2017 February 6, 2018 Koch Government? Public Citizen investigates - Poster Session - 2017 February 24, 2018 ¶ “O the irony!" says “Save"LaPlata’s front man, Peters. The irony indeed. February 25, 2018 Kochs’ Weaponized Philanthropy Machine - MapLight.org - 2018
There are many other parties. Who’s stopping any party from forming? We have two parties because that’s what rhe electorate wants. They like an “us vs them" system. More than two main parties is too much for them to deal with. I think the problem is that most Americans do not understand or care about politics. It is the middle-class mentality that comes with mostly middle-class financial status. So, no significant change would be expected in the near future.
There are many other parties. Who’s stopping any party from forming? We have two parties because that’s what rhe electorate wants. They like an “us vs them" system. More than two main parties is too much for them to deal with. I think the problem is that most Americans do not understand or care about politics. It is the middle-class mentality that comes with mostly middle-class financial status. So, no significant change would be expected in the near future.That might be true of young middle class people, as they don’t have much to worry about. (At least not now). It is definitely true of the lower class because they only care about politics if a politician panders directly to them in a way they haven’t seen before. The rest of Americans care about politics a lot and consistently show up at the polls.
I think the problem is that most Americans do not understand or care about politics.
a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_the_United_States_presidential_elections supports your supposition.
I think the problem is that most Americans do not understand or care about politics.
a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_the_United_States_presidential_elections supports your supposition. I looked at that right after Nov 2016. I came up with the theory that Republicans have reached their maximum votes, around about 60 million and will only grow as a percentage of the total population. Whereas Democrats can draw on a much larger pool of disaffected and apathetic voters by coming up with candidates who have something exciting to offer. Obama received 68 million votes for example. A key factor is the youth vote has been down since Nixon. Politics has been about the "establishment" since then. It's a meaningless term since it has been applied to Nixon and Clinton. I looked at that again recently and this year will be interesting. It appears youth are finding a voice. They are dealing with social media. It's now the old man in the White House who tweets idiotic garbage. Their protests are non-violent, and not weird, like Occupy. They don't mistrust people over 30, they choose mentors. Their demographic is going to dominate for a few decades. Hopefully they will vote more consistently than my Gen X/Baby Boomers did.

Quote of the day
“You know, I’m really enjoying this radical new Democratic strategy called ‘TRYING.’ "
Samantha Bee reveling in Conor Lamb’s victory in Pennsylvania.

Speaking of trying, here we go, a big win this one.

Rebecca Dallet wins 10-year term on Wisconsin Supreme Court MOLLY BECK (posted ten minutes ago. :cheese: ) http://lacrossetribune.com/news/state-and-regional/rebecca-dallet-wins--year-term-on-wisconsin-supreme-court/article_d0dce381-d08a-567a-9b9d-04516fef8a50.html Voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly picked Rebecca Dallet to serve on the Wisconsin Supreme Court -- the first time in 23 years a candidate backed by liberals won an open seat on the state's highest court. Dallet, a Milwaukee County judge, will serve for the next 10 years and be the sixth female justice on a court with the highest percentage of female justices in the nation. With 72 percent of votes counted, Dallet's totals crush Sauk County Judge Michael Screnock's 55 percent to 44 percent, prompting state Democrats to celebrate and Republicans to blame Screnock's loss on not being able to keep up with massive turnout in liberal strongholds like Dane County.