How might cannabinoids be useful as medicine?

I’m not in any way saying that marijuana definitely can’t treat anything. I’m just against ALL “alternative medicine” claims, even ones we really, really want to be true.
As I think you should be.

There is a rub, however. You simultaneously seem to be pronouncing that medicines declared by the FDA to be legal when prescribed, are perfectly acceptable. Marijuana, or pot, or cannabis, whatever you want to call it, has been stymied for the most part in being studied with rigorous research on it’s possible medical effects. Because, it has been stubbornly, and for many many decades been classified as a Schedule 1 Narcotic, preventing a lot of research that would have otherwise happened.

And the other rub is that many people die from the use of prescription medicines, sometimes even when used according to prescription. People rarely, if ever, die from use of pot.

So the solution is to re-schedule Marijuana.

Vote Harris/Biden 2020.

Here is some new research that indicates pregnant women SHOULD AVOID MAARIJUANA USE.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/2770964?guestAccessKey=6f5b980c-8226-4202-8b98-49aaa4412145&utm_source=For_The_Media&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_content=tfl&utm_term=092320

This topic is so close to my heart, I could go on and on about it. There’s just so much to talk about how marijuana can be used as medicine be it for anxiety, pain, PTSD, or whatnot. Only recently, I was talking to this lady who refused chemotherapy for her brain cancer and used cannabis oil after her surgery. She was soon cancer-free. It’s unfortunate that there has been a lack of proper research into its benefits in entirety. I’ll just leave you this article, this may give all the readers a better idea in a wider horizon 7 Surprising Ways That Marijuana Can Treat Your Illness - MMJ Doctors

@melaniataylor; Yeah, um, marijuana doesn’t cure cancer. Cancer research has been going on for a long, long time. Someone would have tried that by now.

I smoke CBD for menstrual cramps. This stuff keeps my uterus from holding me hostage.

I also have a great article about medical cannabis Hemp vs Marijuana: The Differences Explained

Cannabis Is Officially a Medicine, Following Historic UN Vote
The vote to remove cannabis from Schedule IV of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs is set to spark a rise in research and medical access.
By Max Daly, December 2, 2020, 7:18am - VICE, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

A historic vote at the United Nations today finally recognised the medicinal value of cannabis – a plant that has been used therapeutically for thousands of years.

After a recommendation from experts at the World Health Organisation, the UN’s Commission for Narcotic Drugs voted to remove cannabis from a list of drugs previously judged to have little medical benefit, which also oddly includes heroin. However, it still remains a banned drug for non-medical use under UN law.

link

============

Yeah, um, marijuana doesn’t cure cancer. Cancer research has been going on for a long, long time. Someone would have tried that by now.
But it has been great help with alleviating chemotherapy agony. So I've been told by a friend on chemo. Fortunately, never needed to look into it for that.

Oh wow, I didn’t know things were moving that fast.

Will it help chill some of the crazy out there?

8/ The House voted to remove marijuana from the federal schedule of controlled substances, marking the first time a congressional chamber has voted in favor of decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level. The legislation, however, is almost certainly doomed in the Republican-led Senate. (Washington Post / Axios / CNN / New York Times)

https://www.axios.com/house-marijuana-decriminalization-d760b042-e0ca-4e50-9e93-40de41acb86e.html

House passes bill to decriminalize marijuana

Ursula Perano

The House on Friday voted 228-164 in favor of the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act, marking the first time a congressional chamber has voted in favor of decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level.

Why it matters: The Washington Post describes the bill as a “landmark retreat in the nation’s decades-long war on drugs,” which has disproportionately affected people of color.

In addition to decriminalizing marijuana federally, the bill provides for expunging some marijuana convictions and a 5% excise tax on marijuana that would help fund programs for “individuals most adversely impacted by the war on drugs.” The bill is virtually guaranteed to fail in the Senate, but the House vote — which fell largely along party lines — shows just how mainstream the push to decriminalize marijuana has become in recent years.

Between the lines: A vote on the bill was stalled in the House in October following concerns that a coronavirus relief package was more pressing and that passing a marijuana bill would put moderate Democrats in a vulnerable position before the election.

House Republicans did not hold back in attacking Democrats for holding the vote, casting it as a frivolous, dead-end effort and accusing them of prioritizing “cannabis instead of COVID.”

Progressive activists, meanwhile, have hailed the bill as a step toward justice.
The big picture: Marijuana is legal for recreational adult use in 15 states and legal for medicinal use in 36 states. A 2019 Axios/SurveyMonkey poll found that 63% of Americans support the federal legalization of marijuana.

You could say it’s only symbolic, since Moscow Mitch the bitch will sink it, but still what a message.

Mainstream, even.

I haven’t heard about any horror stories coming out of the states that have legalized pot. I know Colorado is doing just fine.

We even had civil campaigns and a smooth election process.

@petergrins

Based on my research Cannabinoids – the active chemicals in medical marijuana – are similar to chemicals the body makes that are involved in appetite, memory, movement, and pain.

Limited research suggests cannabinoids might:

Reduce anxiety
Reduce inflammation and relieve pain
Control nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy
Kill cancer cells and slow tumor growth
Relax tight muscles in people with MS
Stimulate appetite and improve weight gain in people with cancer and AIDS

here if you want to learn more

FYI, link takes you to “SwissHempCare” a for profit supplier.

BECAUSE HEMP CARES SWISS CBD PRODUCTS

For a kid that graduated high school in '73 - all I can say who’d a thought it. 2020 we can order online, or walk into a store front, or if you live in deepest trumpland you still get to go to jail, especial if you’re a black boy, rather than a white boy who’s simply sent on his way.

Why do people love sending other people to jail for something so benign? But then again why do people preach their right to bear military grade weapons, self-defense is godly, yet still won’t afford a woman the right to self-determination, self-defense and dominion over her own body…

But, help create and enflame a global pandemic and you get to earn millions and get away with murder.

Oh, how I do digress, though guess it’s all part and parcel of this same ignorance lead dance of self-deception, that’s unraveling our bloated society.

So sad. :-(. Guess that brings me full circle. Have a toke if you like, be happy while you can.

CBD is useful as a medicine for people like me. I cannot speak for everyone but suffering from an illness such as fibromyalgia can make you try all that you can in order to rid yourself of the excruciating pain. I cannot express enough how medical cannabis has helped me bear the pain that runs deep in my skin most nights. I also use CBD oil, CBD strains and also use THC for other health problems. Scientific evidence apart, I hope my anecdotal evidence helps you get some idea about CBD. Hope this helped :slight_smile: