Hey

You’re forgiven.

My apologies. I cannot abide the petty, argumentative type. It will not happen again.
You have my sympathies when dealing with some of the goofs around here. The endless and utterly pointless posts are very frustrating.

But you have good ideas and make sense, so it’ll be fun to have you around. Hopefully you enjoy the rest of us enough to compensate for the few duds.

@3point14rat

I do enjoy spirited debate. For me, losing an argument means that I learned something, that I came closer to actual “truth”. So long as the argument is intellectual, of course. I lost the debate on climate change years ago and couldn’t be happier because I’m no longer one of those idiot climate change deniers. If you are wrong and you win, you’re still an idiot. If you’re wrong and you lose then you stop arguing the point, which means you’re not wrong any more.

3point - you are so timid to present a position on the topic at hand that you have resort to your security blanket response of attacking the person not the ball. That’s what goofs do

I do enjoy spirited debate.
For some, debate is yapping at their betters. That sucks the spirit out of you.

If we ever disagree, I’m sure our debate will be spirited.

...losing an argument means that I learned something, that I came closer to actual “truth”.
I heard a quote similar to your point that went something like, "You win some and you learn some."

It’s easy to say but sometimes hard to do, especially when you seriously dislike the other side or you know they’ll gloat. You might not like me, but I won’t gloat!

See you around.

Widdershins said, “I do enjoy spirited debate. For me, losing an argument means that I learned something, that I came closer to actual “truth”. So long as the argument is intellectual, of course. I lost the debate on climate change years ago and couldn’t be happier because I’m no longer one of those idiot climate change deniers. If you are wrong and you win, you’re still an idiot. If you’re wrong and you lose then you stop arguing the point, which means you’re not wrong any more.”

I say, “If I’m right and I win, then what does that mean?”

As a newcomer, @widdershins needs to know that @player just asks inane questions, insinuating that everyone else is stupid for not knowing what he does…yet never enlightening anyone with any actual information. Oh, and he does provoke attack. Have you seen fox terriers that bark and bark around your ankles? He’s like that.

As a newcomer, @widdershins needs to know that @player just asks inane questions, insinuating that everyone else is stupid for not knowing what he does…yet never enlightening anyone with any actual information. Oh, and he does provoke attack. Have you seen fox terriers that bark and bark around your ankles? He’s like that.

Tee to the rescue. Hooray

Anytime, @player

I say, “If I’m right and I win, then what does that mean?”
I think it means I hate you for being smarter than me. I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later.

Alex Kutler