Hello to all CFI members.

I am looking forward to many fun and educational discussions. I will read more than post but will happily jump in when I have something to contribute or have questions. I love the internet forum format for discussion/debate because in is far more civil than what I see on television and way more intelligent than radio call in shows. This site was recommended by a great friend with whom I have had many long, interesting and sometimes rambling bull sessions.

Hi. Welcome. Have fun.

Welome, jimmy. Glad to have you here.

Jimmy, are you a baseball aficionados?
Love baseball! Watched and played the game since age 5. During my terrible teens, long before I realized how wise my papa was, baseball was about the only thing we could talk about in a civil manner, so it's also an important part of my life. Sitting on the porch on a warm summer night while listening to a baseball game on the radio was and is a favorite pastime. Thank you for asking.
Love baseball! Watched and played the game since age 5. During my terrible teens, long before I realized how wise my papa was, baseball was about the only thing we could talk about in a civil manner, so it's also an important part of my life. Sitting on the porch on a warm summer night while listening to a baseball game on the radio was and is a favorite pastime. Thank you for asking.I'm not a big baseball fan, but when the Jays were on their run last year I actually watched some on TV. Apparently this year they're projected to do really good again, so I might watch some again.

Toronto is probably the best offensive team in baseball this year. If they stay healthy they should do very well.

Love baseball! Watched and played the game since age 5. During my terrible teens, long before I realized how wise my papa was, baseball was about the only thing we could talk about in a civil manner, so it's also an important part of my life. Sitting on the porch on a warm summer night while listening to a baseball game on the radio was and is a favorite pastime. Thank you for asking.I'm not a big baseball fan, but when the Jays were on their run last year I actually watched some on TV. Apparently this year they're projected to do really good again, so I might watch some again. I have a KC World Series Champ baseball cap and commemorative bat. I'd bet you a beer KC goes father into the playoffs than Toronto again, but I don't like Canadian beer. :coolsmile:

I was lucky enough to have a father who took me to see Major League Baseball as a little kid. I still remember walking up the ramp to see that beautiful green field and perfect diamond spread out before me like some mythical land. And maybe it was. Eating peanuts and tossing the shells on the floor, drinking Cokes and talking baseball one-on-one with my dad. And I did the same for my sons AND daughter and they in turn are all fans of the game. It is one of the few things in my life about which I am truly “religious”. That and BBQ. :coolsmile:
Welcome to the forum.

Toronto is probably the best offensive team in baseball this year. If they stay healthy they should do very well.
Any thoughts on the Texas Rangers?
Love baseball! Watched and played the game since age 5. During my terrible teens, long before I realized how wise my papa was, baseball was about the only thing we could talk about in a civil manner, so it's also an important part of my life. Sitting on the porch on a warm summer night while listening to a baseball game on the radio was and is a favorite pastime. Thank you for asking.I'm not a big baseball fan, but when the Jays were on their run last year I actually watched some on TV. Apparently this year they're projected to do really good again, so I might watch some again. I have a KC World Series Champ baseball cap and commemorative bat. I'd bet you a beer KC goes father into the playoffs than Toronto again, but I don't like Canadian beer. :coolsmile:You can't not like Canadian beer, that's like saying you don't like food. You might not like some, but there are so many options that you're bound to like a few of them. With all the micro-breweries around here you could have a different beer every day for months! So I'll take the bet and the challenge. I promise there will be something you like being brewed within a 100 km (60 mile) radius.

First: im from the Netherlands and there for im sorry about the typ errors.
second: Richard and you all make me very happy. Because it gives me hope that whe will evolve to better people and that whe will not be hold back by religion.
and im also very proud to say that the(maybe 75%) majority of my country is a non believer.
To you all i say keep up the good way of thinking.
regards eltjo