Fogerty and Springsteen, "Fortunate Son"

Fortunate Son]
Tonight, this is my favorite Rock ‘n’ Roll song of all time.

Yep, that’s as good as rock gets…loud and relevant. Funny thing is, Fogerty must have had some “work done” - he looks younger than the boss. No matter though. Anyone who can write Fortunate Son can have all the work done he wants :wink:

Is it relevant? That’s the problem. Maybe it was/is?
Maybe if there weren’t songs like Fortunate Son the World would even be worse off.
I’d like to think so. Maybe a song like that made a difference…
I guess it did.

That and other songs did help rally the against Vietnam. Too bad so few popular musicians today are willing to take a political stance. Maybe they could help change things if they did. I just can’t imagine Justin Bieber singing “Up Against the Wall” or “For What It’s Worth.”

That and other songs did help rally the against Vietnam. Too bad so few popular musicians today are willing to take a political stance. Maybe they could help change things if they did. I just can't imagine Justin Bieber singing "Up Against the Wall" or "For What It's Worth."
I don't listen to new music, but I guess there are probably Indie groups/singer-songwriters who carry the torch so to speak. I just don't think it makes the impact like it used to do. I don't know... There used to be one or two radio formats. Songs like Fortunate Son or For What it's Worth were kind of anthems of a movement. Now everything is spread all over the place, there's a million different outlets and I think it has a diluting effect. Protest songs or Folk songs or Heavy Counter Culture Rock was mainstream. Now there is no mainstream...there's just brownstream. Everybody says this information age is a revolution. I don't know about that. It seems like the ultimate pacifier to me. So much info, nobody can focus.

You’re right, Vyazma. Any artist who takes a stand today will be relegated to the fringes. The late '60s early '70s music scene was an historical aberration.

I think VYAZMA is right in another sense: Whatever we (you, lol) had in the sixties, we have today, but on top of that we have so much more. One just has to know where to find it. What VYAZMA is wrong about, is that “nobody can focus.” I can focus just fine, or even better, as the more music I have available to me, the more I can ignore the stuff I don’t care for, like, say, Rock ‘n’ Roll or songs with a political message. :slight_smile:

Fortunate Son] Tonight, this is my favorite Rock 'n' Roll song of all time.
Not " Drop-Kick Me, Jesus"?

Good one, but that’s a C&W song.

I think VYAZMA is right in another sense: Whatever we (you, lol) had in the sixties, we have today, but on top of that we have so much more. One just has to know where to find it. What VYAZMA is wrong about, is that "nobody can focus." I can focus just fine, or even better, as the more music I have available to me, the more I can ignore the stuff I don't care for, like, say, Rock ‘n’ Roll or songs with a political message. :-)
Great you can focus just fine. You're an exception to the rule. I'm sure your artistic tastes are much more superficial anyways. After all, look at the work you do. Last I checked you design glossy circulars for erection pills and hemorrhoid creams.

Sex and a rectum illness? Ah, too bad we are not religious, that way you could also try to offend me by telling me to go to hell.

I think VYAZMA is right in another sense: Whatever we (you, lol) had in the sixties, we have today, but on top of that we have so much more. One just has to know where to find it. What VYAZMA is wrong about, is that "nobody can focus." I can focus just fine, or even better, as the more music I have available to me, the more I can ignore the stuff I don't care for, like, say, Rock ‘n’ Roll or songs with a political message. :-)
Great you can focus just fine. You're an exception to the rule. I'm sure your artistic tastes are much more superficial anyways. After all, look at the work you do. Last I checked you design glossy circulars for erection pills and hemorrhoid creams. Erection pills, generally speaking, are a poor substitute for inadequate testosterone levels. And hemorrhoid creams are a terrible substitute for having hemorrhoids removed. I would suggest selling something more beneficial, than these exploitive products.
Good one, but that's a C&W song.
Oh well, stick in a few doo-wops and guitar chords you've got rock and roll.