Ex-JW Musician

Hey everyone,
I’m from SE Michigan. I was born/raised a Jehovah’s Witness (now atheist) and left it behind when I was young. My entire familly shunned me and I had to start my life from scratch. Over the years my brother and sister eventually came out of the cult which was awesome. I’m based in metro Detroit.
I’m also an established recording artist/GRAMMY member in the instrumental genre and you may hear my music from time to time on your cable system or Sirius/XM. I’m starting up a new project to create a rock band with an atheist/humanist message. Recovery from religion will be a big themel. We currently need a lead vocalist (it’s been hard to find musicians that aren’t theists) so if you know anyone, please send them my way.
I’m also very curious about what people would like to see changed with the status quo so I created a short poll and would love your input. Just trying understand this community better. If your issue isn’t on the list, feel free to just write back and tell me what it is. All ideas welcome!
Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm from SE Michigan. I was born/raised a Jehovah's Witness (now atheist) and left it behind when I was young. My entire familly shunned me and I had to start my life from scratch. Over the years my brother and sister eventually came out of the cult which was awesome. I'm based in metro Detroit. I'm also an established recording artist/GRAMMY member in the instrumental genre and you may hear my music from time to time on your cable system or Sirius/XM. I'm starting up a new project to create a rock band with an atheist/humanist message. Recovery from religion will be a big themel. We currently need a lead vocalist (it's been hard to find musicians that aren't theists) so if you know anyone, please send them my way. I'm also very curious about what people would like to see changed with the status quo so I created a short poll and would love your input. Just trying understand this community better. If your issue isn't on the list, feel free to just write back and tell me what it is. All ideas welcome! Thanks!
"All of the above" would have been a welcome addition, or at least the ability to choose more than one.

As usual, Lois beat me to it. As I read down I didn’t see any that I didn’t wish would happen. Maybe you should have included some negative ones like, “schools must choose among a Christian, Jewish, or Islamic prayer to start each day.” :lol: That way I would have felt better about not selecting one. :slight_smile:
In any case, welcome. It’s great that you were able to overcome the JW indoctrination. I’d think that would be really difficult.
Occam

Welcome, and I third the vote for “all of the above.”

Welcome:
All of the above, plus build our own communities.