Entrails.

Observe the cholesterol content.
I haven't seen any of those in the local grocery store around here. Based on the cholesterol that would be just shy of 12 servings of the amount of cholesterol for one day. I'm glad I don't have any problem with cholesterol, I eat what ever I want and don't have to worry about it. Are they expensive? I'd like to try some.$16 for two cans on Amazon, including shipping.] Not something that I'd want to even consider, given that diseases similar Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE)] have been reported in people who've ingested pork brains. If Gawd wanted us to eat brains, he'd have made them easier to get to. Damn! 600 degrees is enough to really mess up the food. Maybe I'll try something else. I had someone say something similar about potatoes, if God had intended for people to eat potatoes, God wouldn't have hidden them in the ground.
We probably are less interested in eating stomach and intestines, because they are less palatable. If we were less successful in acquiring animals to eat, and were hungry enough, we would, no doubt, eat stomach and intestines, regularly as well.
Have you ever eaten any of those parts of the animal? How do you know that they are less palatable? Well, the stomach contains something akin to vomit and the intestines contain shit. But you're right, the association may be more psychological than real, AFAIK. OTOH, I have eaten haggis. It would not be on my monthly meal plan list, if I had a monthly meal plan. (One time a year, at most.)
We probably are less interested in eating stomach and intestines, because they are less palatable. If we were less successful in acquiring animals to eat, and were hungry enough, we would, no doubt, eat stomach and intestines, regularly as well.
Have you ever eaten any of those parts of the animal? How do you know that they are less palatable? Well, the stomach contains something akin to vomit and the intestines contain shit. But you're right, the association may be more psychological than real, AFAIK. OTOH, I have eaten haggis. It would not be on my monthly meal plan list, if I had a monthly meal plan. (One time a year, at most.) I had Haggis several years ago, and it was prepared by the head chef at one of the better local hotels, and it was really, really good. Perhaps it's all in the preparation as to how good it turns out.
Have you ever eaten any of those parts of the animal? How do you know that they are less palatable? Well, the stomach contains something akin to vomit and the intestines contain shit. But you're right, the association may be more psychological than real, AFAIK. OTOH, I have eaten haggis. It would not be on my monthly meal plan list, if I had a monthly meal plan. (One time a year, at most.) I had Haggis several years ago, and it was prepared by the head chef at one of the better local hotels, and it was really, really good. Perhaps it's all in the preparation as to how good it turns out. Haggis is basically a sausage. It contains the same sort of ingredients any sausage contains--the same cuts of meat, spices and fillers. In the case of haggis, the filler is oatmeal. It is nothing to get excited about. Pork brains in milk gravy is something else! Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see either being made. Attributed to Otto von Bismarck and others. Lois
I had Haggis several years ago, and it was prepared by the head chef at one of the better local hotels, and it was really, really good. Perhaps it's all in the preparation as to how good it turns out.
Haggis is basically a sausage. It contains the same sort of ingredients any sausage contains--the same cuts of meat, spices and fillers. In the case of haggis, the filler is oatmeal. It is nothing to get excited about. Pork brains in milk gravy is something else! Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see either being made. Attributed to Otto von Bismarck and others. Lois I have had several different varieties of sausage and some I like and others I do not like, so even if all contain similar cuts of meat, spices and filler, it's the exact combination that makes the difference. Usually the filler doesn't add much to the flavor, but just carries the flavor of the meat and spices in the mix. Another factor, other than which sausage are used, is the preparation, and this can make or break a dish of food. Whether it is good or not, it also depends on the taste of the individual. Some people like some food and other people like different kinds of food. Have you eaten Pork brains in milk gravy? and if you have, did you like it? Even considering what I posted about preparation, there is a dish that I really like, but is extremely simple. Kielbasa and potatoes cooked in water. I cut up the Kielbasa and the potatoes and just bring the whole pot to a boil and cook it for awhile. I use the particular variety of Kielbasa that is found in grocery stores here in central Pa, which look like the pieces in the center of the plate, in the photo at the top of the article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielbasa

I used to live near a cat that would enjoy killing bunny rabbits. Sometimes he would eat their top half and leave the bottom half for me, as a gift, on my porch. Sometimes he would eat the bottom half and leave me the top half. On other occasions he would simply kill the animals and not eat any of it.

I used to live near a cat that would enjoy killing bunny rabbits. Sometimes he would eat their top half and leave the bottom half for me, as a gift, on my porch. Sometimes he would eat the bottom half and leave me the top half. On other occasions he would simply kill the animals and not eat any of it.
I had a dog once that came back to the house with half a squirrel, but I don't remember which half.
Have you ever eaten any of those parts of the animal? How do you know that they are less palatable? Well, the stomach contains something akin to vomit and the intestines contain shit. But you're right, the association may be more psychological than real, AFAIK. OTOH, I have eaten haggis. It would not be on my monthly meal plan list, if I had a monthly meal plan. (One time a year, at most.) I had Haggis several years ago, and it was prepared by the head chef at one of the better local hotels, and it was really, really good. Perhaps it's all in the preparation as to how good it turns out. Well, Robert Burns would agree with you re: its positive attributes, "Fair fa’ your honest, sonsie face, Great Chieftan o’ the Puddin-race!". (From Ode to a Haggis)
I had Haggis several years ago, and it was prepared by the head chef at one of the better local hotels, and it was really, really good. Perhaps it's all in the preparation as to how good it turns out.
Haggis is basically a sausage. It contains the same sort of ingredients any sausage contains--the same cuts of meat, spices and fillers. In the case of haggis, the filler is oatmeal. It is nothing to get excited about. Pork brains in milk gravy is something else! Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see either being made. Attributed to Otto von Bismarck and others. Lois I have had several different varieties of sausage and some I like and others I do not like, so even if all contain similar cuts of meat, spices and filler, it's the exact combination that makes the difference. Usually the filler doesn't add much to the flavor, but just carries the flavor of the meat and spices in the mix. Another factor, other than which sausage are used, is the preparation, and this can make or break a dish of food. Whether it is good or not, it also depends on the taste of the individual. Some people like some food and other people like different kinds of food. Have you eaten Pork brains in milk gravy? and if you have, did you like it? Even considering what I posted about preparation, there is a dish that I really like, but is extremely simple. Kielbasa and potatoes cooked in water. I cut up the Kielbasa and the potatoes and just bring the whole pot to a boil and cook it for awhile. I use the particular variety of Kielbasa that is found in grocery stores here in central Pa, which look like the pieces in the center of the plate, in the photo at the top of the article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielbasa I've eaten kielbasa often. Hillshire Farms used to make a decent kielbasa, but I don't see it in the stores anymore--at least not in California. At one time I lived near a Polish butcher shop in NJ that made its own kielbasa. It was delicious. I make it this way, slice the kielbasa and brown it a little until it gives up some of its fat. Add cut-up potatoes, peppers and onions . Cook for 20 minutes or so stirring occasionally. Lois
I've eaten kielbasa often. Hillshire Farms used to make a decent kielbasa, but I don't see it in the stores anymore--at least not in California. At one time I lived near a Polish butcher shop in NJ that made its own kielbasa. It was delicious. I make it this way, slice the kielbasa and brown it a little until it gives up some of its fat. Add cut-up potatoes, peppers and onions . Cook for 20 minutes or so stirring occasionally. Lois
Hillshire Farms is the brand we buy around here, and it turns out pretty good. I have to try your stir-fry, it sounds good.

A little side note; did you know that we kill more chickens per year that there are people on earth.

As far as I know humans are the only animals that do not consume the entrails of the other animals they eat. Are there any other carnivores that do not eat the entrails of their prey? What is the origin of this practice? I believe that in the Bible there were instructions for the cooking and consuming of the whole animal. So apparently in ancient times the whole animal was consumed.
When food is scarce people eat the whole animal. When food is more plentiful, they reject the less tasty or "icky" parts. In addition, the entrails spoil faster. Many people do eat the heart, brain, lungs, kidneys and other organs of animals, and consider them delicacies. And sausages used to always be encased in intestines. Some still are. You might have eaten some without realizing it. I had a cat once who would catch and eat rats. She always left the entrails, tail, and often the head. Many carnivorous animals in the wild do not eat the whole animal, and it's the entrails they are most likely to leave. Lois

Little known fact: Lions and Tigers are are immune to many transmittable diseases, such as mad-cow

"I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion," he said. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/07/29/american-dentist-said-to-have-paid-55000-to-kill-cecil-lion/
Yes , he practices murder in an ethical manner, go figure.
And while we're on the subject, he slaughtered other "big game" animals as well. You'd think that a rich guy with money to burn would just go to Vegas, take in some shows and gamble to his heart's content. Why trek through the African wild while paid beaters drive the animal right into your sites so you can kill and skin it? Or you could use Ted Nugent's lame excuse about thinning the animals because nature will do it anyway so what the hell. Trophy hunting should be banned IMO before we humans drive endangered species into extinction. Cap't Jack
And while we're on the subject, he slaughtered other "big game" animals as well. You'd think that a rich guy with money to burn would just go to Vegas, take in some shows and gamble to his heart's content. Why trek through the African wild while paid beaters drive the animal right into your sites so you can kill and skin it? Or you could use Ted Nugent's lame excuse about thinning the animals because nature will do it anyway so what the hell. Trophy hunting should be banned IMO before we humans drive endangered species into extinction. Cap't Jack
Las Vegas and gambling would be considered to be "common" and dull by big game hunter types. They'd rather go out and show the world how "brave" and "tough" they are to kill big game, and the trophies are proof. Lois
Las Vegas and gambling would be considered to be "common" and dull by big game hunter types. They'd rather go out and show the world how "brave" and "tough" they are to kill big game, and the trophies are proof. Lois The dark side of human intelligence. Greed and vanity. Why is a bulls-eye on a target 200 yards away any less demonstration of skill or courage? Why is an Olympic medal less valuable that a trophy from killing a animal, basically from the window of your car? Is proof of being able to kill an animal from 200 yrds, proof of skill? Hell no, any asshole with a gun can kill anything, including humans, which also seems to have become a preferred recreational activity.
, including humans, which also seems to have become a preferred recreational activity.
I used to read a lot of science fiction, and one of the stories I read was about a rich man who would lure people to his island, and periodically release them into the wild and then hunt them and kill them. I found the story, "The Most Dangerous Game" and as the story implies hunting humans is more dangerous that hunting other large dangerous game.

Someone please write a children’s story called “Cecil, Jr. and the Evil Dentist”
It’s about a cub who narrowly escapes being killed by the new pride leader, after his father who had been pride leader is murdered by an evil dentist.
(spoiler alert: read no further if you don’t want to know the ending)
Cecil Jr. grows up to one day have the good fortune to hunt down the evil dentist, kill him over the course of 48 hours, skin him and take his head as a trophy.
And all the lions lived happily ever after.

Someone please write a children's story called "Cecil, Jr. and the Evil Dentist" It's about a cub who narrowly escapes being killed by the new pride leader, after his father who had been pride leader is murdered by an evil dentist. (spoiler alert: read no further if you don't want to know the ending) Cecil Jr. grows up to one day have the good fortune to hunt down the evil dentist, kill him over the course of 48 hours, skin him and take his head as a trophy. And all the lions lived happily ever after.
Good, you can write fairytales. Maybe you can get a job with the Republican party. They need more fairytale writers.
Someone please write a children's story called "Cecil, Jr. and the Evil Dentist" It's about a cub who narrowly escapes being killed by the new pride leader, after his father who had been pride leader is murdered by an evil dentist. (spoiler alert: read no further if you don't want to know the ending) Cecil Jr. grows up to one day have the good fortune to hunt down the evil dentist, kill him over the course of 48 hours, skin him and take his head as a trophy. And all the lions lived happily ever after.
Except for a few minor details, that's the "Lion King", it's been done as an animated movie. You need to watch more kids movies.