Dr. Richard Lindzen, Deconstructs Global Warming Hysteria

In a video lecture given to Competitive Enterprise Institute folks back in 2009 Dr. Richard Lindzen laid out a damning case against the accepted scientific understanding of society driven global warming. Unfortunately, Lindzen’s case was built on “science in a vacuum”
I’m bringing this up because recently a character shoved that lecture in my face as an example of a scientist disputing scientific consensus… rather than a crank peddling a political campaign.
I know some folks around here are interested in the Global Warming “debate” and I’m sure a few have come up against folks who
claim things by virtue of the authority of Dr. Lindzen - I would like to invite those folks to a critical point by point review of one of
the luminaries of the global warming contrarian camp.
What'sUpWithThatWatts, et al.: Lindzen, Deconstructs Global Warming Hysteria 1of3 - Anatomy of a Con Job
(dang thing is actually three posts long - once I get caught up on neglected chores I want to make a digested version -
but heck the man claims a lot, so there’s a lot of answering and resources to share.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This may seem like shameless advertising, ok kinda sorta, but actually deep down I hope there’s a discussion somewhere in there.
:red:

Oh, and for you folks interested in the climate issue, check out this site - it’s a collection of top notch resources
http://www.climatecommunication.org/resources/#websites

Geez, why don’t you tell us what you really think is wrong with the lecture? Stop glossing it over!
:slight_smile:

Geez, why don't you tell us what you really think is wrong with the lecture? Stop glossing it over! :-)
:cheese: