Don't look to Canada to set a good example.

And what level would that be, where you constantly assert things with no factual basis...
What did I assert? That Ford Factories in Germany didn't produce tanks? Yup! And I'm right. What else did I assert? Then prove it. You're clearly wrong about the rise of Nazism in Germany, you're basically pretending that people like Fritz Thyssen, Prescott Bush and many other very wealthy very influential people and the money they made available to Hitler starting in the 1920s didn't even exist. Just how do you think Hitler was able to organize such a large movement. In exactly the same way the Tea Party has used the deep pockets of people like the Kochs to create a "grassroots" movement that is basically about tearing down society. Like I said, I'm simply not interested in helping someone using their powers of contempt to "prove" they're right by endlessly throwing what amounts to feces into the discussion in the hope it will repel any rational person.
You since haven't been able to show that Ford plants produced tanks for the Nazis. Now you're saying that facts don't matter as long as people get the general idea of the conspiracy.
...the salient fact here is that millions of dollars were made available to Hitler and the Nazi movement from the start to even allow them to gain access to power. Once that happened...it required the US government to seize its assets in 1942 to stop it from profiting from the war created by Nazi Germany.
I told you you were itching to wax "intelligently" about these heady affairs. They are heady affairs aren't they DougC?
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=4368 During the 1920's and 1930's, the Big Three automakers undertook an extensive program of multinational expansion...By the mid-1930's, these three American companies owned automotive subsidiaries throughout Europe and the Far East; many of their largest facilities were located in the politically sensitive nations of Germany, Poland, Rumania, Austria, Hungary, Latvia, and Japan...Due to their concentrated economic power over motor vehicle production in both Allied and Axis territories, the Big Three inevitably became major factors in the preparations and progress of the war. In Germany, for example, General Motors and Ford became an integral part of the Nazi war efforts. GM's plants in Germany built thousands of bomber and jet fighter propulsion systems for the Luftwaffe at the same time that its American plants produced aircraft engines for the U.S. Army Air Corps.... Ford was also active in Nazi Germany's prewar preparations. In 1938, for instance, it opened a truck assembly plant in Berlin whose "real purpose," according to U.S. Army Intelligence, was producing "troop transport-type" vehicles for the Wehrmacht. That year Ford's chief executive received the Nazi German Eagle (first class).... The outbreak of war in September 1939 resulted inevitably in the full conversion by GM and Ford of their Axis plants to the production of military aircraft and trucks.... On the ground, GM and Ford subsidiaries built nearly 90 percent of the armored "mule" 3-ton half-trucks and more than 70 percent of the Reich's medium and heavy-duty trucks. These vehicles, according to American intelligence reports, served as "the backbone of the German Army transportation system." ...
Henry Ford and the Nazis CHAPTER SIX http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/wall_street/chapter_06.htm
Profits Über Alles ! http://rarehistoricalphotos.com
Ford Motors Report on German Subsidiary in World War II http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/Ford1.html … The total number of laborers at Ford-Werke is unknown, but it is estimated that the Ford subsidiary employed 4,000-5,000 workers over the course of the war. The highest confirmed number at any one time during the war was between 2,000 and 2,500. Forced labor was used most of the time, but inmates from the Buchenwald concentration camp worked as slave laborers at Ford-Werke late in the war. … … While not admitting any culpability, Ford has made a number of contributions in the name of corporate responsibility. Ford contributed $13 million to a $5 billion fund created by the German government and industry for slave and forced laborers. Ford also announced along with the release of the report that it was donating $4 million toward human rights studies, primarily focusing on the issue of slave and forced labor. The company also is establishing a new $2 million center to be affiliated with a university, and it plans to give $2 million to a humanitarian fund at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce that helps Holocaust survivors. ...
Vyazma, your turn. Let's see if you can come up with something other than another round of vacuous condescension.
You're clearly wrong about the rise of Nazism in Germany, you're basically pretending that people like Fritz Thyssen, Prescott Bush and many other very wealthy very influential people and the money they made available to Hitler starting in the 1920s didn't even exist. Just how do you think Hitler was able to organize such a large movement. In exactly the same way the Tea Party has used the deep pockets of people like the Kochs to create a "grassroots" movement that is basically about tearing down society.
What exactly am I wrong about? I don't remember bringing up any data or information concerning these affairs... (other than: Ford didn't build Nazi tanks(like you fallaciously claimed), Hitler was Time's Man of the Year, and that Germany hosted the Olympics during Nazi rule.) Can you provide me with some of my own quotes where I am wrong about the Nazi's rise to power? Or anything else you might think I'm wrong about in this topic....? Because I don't think I wrote anything about the Nazi rise to power to be wrong(or right) about... Go ahead....please! :lol:
You're clearly wrong about the rise of Nazism in Germany, you're basically pretending that people like Fritz Thyssen, Prescott Bush and many other very wealthy very influential people and the money they made available to Hitler starting in the 1920s didn't even exist. Just how do you think Hitler was able to organize such a large movement. In exactly the same way the Tea Party has used the deep pockets of people like the Kochs to create a "grassroots" movement that is basically about tearing down society.
What exactly am I wrong about? I don't remember bringing up any data or information concerning these affairs... (other than: Ford didn't build Nazi tanks(like you fallaciously claimed), Hitler was Time's Man of the Year, and that Germany hosted the Olympics during Nazi rule.) Can you provide me with some of my own quotes where I am wrong about the Nazi's rise to power? Or anything else you might think I'm wrong about in this topic....? Because I don't think I wrote anything about the Nazi rise to power to be wrong(or right) about... Go ahead....please! :lol:
Oh yeah the World Bankers were probably really interested in dealing with an Olympics Hosting Nation, that had their leader as Time’s Man of The Year and was a shining example of economic recovery after the depression and was ripe for investment. All this from the Twenties into the Late Thirties. But yes what was covered up I’m sure is the secret meetings with Hitler and Nestles and Union Bank on how he was going to start WW2 and gas millions of people.
As I've already pointed out, Hitler's rise to power was a creation of powerful industrialists and bankers in places like New York. Fritz Thyssen wouldn't have been able to bankroll Hitler if not for institutions like the Union Bank and people like Prescott Bush. So you're really not being honest in portraying Hitler as some great success that attracted the "World Bankers" when they're the ones who made Hitler as Fuhrer and Nazi Germany possible. Explain where the money to do that came from in a Germany that had been utterly devastated by the Versailles Treaty and The Great Depression. It was an early example of disaster capitalism and your World Bankers and people like Ford couldn't lose because they were backing both sides. And considering that much of this was done in secret and did eventually cost the lives of millions of people I think only a psychopath would joke about it...
As I've already pointed out
I know you like to keep pointing it out. Did you find any quotes from me that show I was wrong? That was what I asked. You said I was wrong about the Nazi's rise to power. What was I wrong about?
Explain where the money to do that came from in a Germany that had been utterly devastated by the Versailles Treaty and The Great Depression. It was an early example of disaster capitalism and your World Bankers and people like Ford couldn't lose because they were backing both sides.
:lol: No you keep explaining it. I told you I'm not going to explain anything to you, remember? You were wrong about the Ford Plants making Nazi tanks. You're not qualified to discuss history with me. My only interest is in exposing your lack of historical acuity in this discussion..not the subject matter.
As I've already pointed out
I know you like to keep pointing it out. Did you find any quotes from me that show I was wrong? That was what I asked. You said I was wrong about the Nazi's rise to power. What was I wrong about?
Explain where the money to do that came from in a Germany that had been utterly devastated by the Versailles Treaty and The Great Depression. It was an early example of disaster capitalism and your World Bankers and people like Ford couldn't lose because they were backing both sides.
:lol: No you keep explaining it. I told you I'm not going to explain anything to you, remember? You were wrong about the Ford Plants making Nazi tanks. You're not qualified to discuss history with me. My only interest is in exposing your lack of historical acuity in this discussion..not the subject matter. Like I said, the only reason you're here is to play mind games and "win", with no regard or seemingly any understanding that there are actual people at the other end of the conversation and the cost of what we're discussing was huge and is still relevant today. Which leads us back to this;
And considering that much of this was done in secret and did eventually cost the lives of millions of people I think only a psychopath would joke about it…
And as far as I'm concerned it really is pointless to try and have a rational discussion with someone who lacks a basic characteristic that defines what it means to be human...
You're clearly wrong about the rise of Nazism in Germany, you're basically pretending that people like Fritz Thyssen, Prescott Bush and many other very wealthy very influential people and the money they made available to Hitler starting in the 1920s didn't even exist.
What was I wrong about? What gave you the impression that I was pretending those people didn't exist? C'mon, you gotta answer these two questions. :lol: I mean those are pretty stark accusations....surely you must have cogent, concrete examples of what I was wrong about and how I was pretending those folks didn't exist.

And it’s just getting worse, for a PM who claimed he wanted to bring back democracy and responsible government in Canada, Justin Trudeau is failing miserably.

The grab. The elbow. The condemnation. Together, they neatly sum up one of the strangest weeks in the history of the House of Commons. But a little more context is needed in order to understand why Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made his ill-fated, ill-advised and inappropriate move this week to drag a Conservative MP by the arm through a small crowd of New Democrats, and in the process elbow a female MP in the chest.
The whole sorry episode boils down to something like this: The prime minister lost control of himself because his government was losing control of its agenda, and by extension, the business of the House of Commons. Start with Bill C-14, the doctor-assisted death legislation. Facing a June 6 deadline handed down by the Supreme Court, the Liberals know they are running out of time. It's why the government tried to strangle debate on the bill with a vote Wednesday, the one that prompted Trudeau to stalk across the floor to — insert your verb of choice here: assist, force or manhandle — Conservative whip Gord Brown to his seat so voting could begin.

In the realm of human affairs, perhaps we are moving beyond the governable phase.
Imagine if Trump gets in what a circus the US Capital will become.
Too much polarization, everyone filled with a sense of entitlement and when it don’t go one’s way, fabricate enemies.
It’s almost like human’s need another crisis, . . . hmmm perhaps like in the movies, aliens who have taken control of our climate system, or something like that to foster a renewed sense of community and we’re-in-this-togetherness. Wouldn’t that we cool, everyone united against a common enemy.
wouldn’t that be neato
:stuck_out_tongue:

In the realm of human affairs, perhaps we are moving beyond the governable phase. Imagine if Trump gets in what a circus the US Capital will become. Too much polarization, everyone filled with a sense of entitlement and when it don't go one's way, fabricate enemies. It's almost like human's need another crisis, . . . hmmm perhaps like in the movies, aliens who have taken control of our climate system, or something like that to foster a renewed sense of community and we're-in-this-togetherness. Wouldn't that we cool, everyone united against a common enemy. wouldn't that be neato :-P
That's exactly what it is, Justin Trudeau was brought up with a powerful sense of entitlement, he's not acting as democratic leader in a Parliamentary democracy, he's acting like a spoiled brat who wants his way no matter what elected MPs might want to say and vote. The opposition is there to ask questions and decide if they want to support new bills based on accurate information. This game of ramming laws through the House without any real oversight is leading us down a darker and darker road. In the US if Trump does get in, it will place a pathological liar at the center of power who also has a very powerful sense of entitlement who will also cause chaos because that's all people like this are really capable of.