Did you notice the flag?

I mean, of course, the representation of the flag on the mall.

In the view from the Washington Monument the flag appeared to be upside down. This would be a natural thing since the primary view of that flag was intended to be from the Capitol building. In one view or the other the flag would have had to appear upside down. All seems to be OK, right?

Sure, except that as viewed from the Capitol the representation of the flag was presented backwards. Note that the proper way, the traditional way, the normal way, the way that the flag is always presented is with the blue field with the stars on the top left.

So the Dems presented the flag upside down and backwards.

Something not totally unexpected. Consider that they had no flag at all on the stage at their last convention and they placed one on stage only after the media called them on the omission. Of course they will claim that this time, like last time, that it was just a simple oversight or an error that was not discovered until it was too late to correct. Horsefeathers then and horsefeathers now.

Their intentional symbolism is not lost on those of us who honor what the flag stands for.

Crazy man, crazy.

Their intentional symbolism is not lost on those of us who honor what the flag stands for.
Tell it the Army!

But it’s interesting, we complained about a President who’s made substantive, demonstrably lies over 30,000x while; a man who hated people in general; a man who ignored a global world health crisis and guaranteed it becoming a pandemic to kill hundreds of thousands American (perhaps millions before it’s over). They stormed the nation’s Capital Building wanting to overthrow an election and shit all over that USA flag and the principles that so many soldiers died for.

GOP tells us to get over it, can’t we take a joke.

Now the repugs, who’s thugs stormed the Capital to overthrow our government are already whining about trivia, such as imagined optics and making the grand decision of which perspective of the flag laying on mall was the proper one. Don’t suppose it ever occurred to you that that flag should be oriented to We The People who were viewing the event? Of course not, that would require seeing Democrats as humans.

Christ I can’t toss out an insult at 'em without it being a major issue, but they get slander and bullshit and make up viciously malicious (and disconnected from reality) fantasies from day one, and on ad nauseam. But, we understand it’s the GOP’s standard operating procedure, projection, slander, disregard, so we are expected suck it up, respect their slander and strive to find the human inside, or something like that . . . . .

Their intentional symbolism
There they go making up shit from scratch, all over again.

Looks good from here. WBUR.ORG

fyi, Since my allusion to the army probably flew right over his head, allow me to spell it out:

Here's Why The US Flag Sometimes Appears Backwards

https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/heres-why-us-flag-sometimes-appears-backwards

Why the U.S. Flag Is Worn Backward on Army Uniforms

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/why-is-the-u-s-flag-worn-backwards-on-army-uniforms-3357002

I’ll bet Lincoln liked the view. :slight_smile:

The U.S. is currently in distress and when a flag is upside-down, that is what it symbolizes. Because of the dotard’s lack of caring and spewing misinformation, we have lost over 400,000 U.S. citizens to COVID-19 and currently it’s still climbing. As President Biden said, we did not get in this COVID mess overnight and it won’t go away overnight either. By February, do to the dotard’s negligence in doing his job, we could have 500,000 dead. That would be those from his administration still. If we do as science shows us to do, we can start getting that number down, but it will take at least 100 days of mask wearing, social distancing, etc etc. We should have done that in the first place, but the dotard was encouraging people to get COVID.

Basically, the idea behind the backward American flag on Army uniforms is to make it look as though the flag is flying in the breeze as the person wearing it moves forward.

So the flag on the mall, as viewed from the capital, would be moving Away.

" “America” has left the building".

Q must have been behind the design.

:wink:

(I’m sure we can make up an inane symbolic explanation for any position the flag may have been displayed)

The U.S. is currently in distress and when a flag is upside-down, that is what it symbolizes.
Hmmm.... I seem to remember the last time a Dem took over the White House from a GOPer, we were in the midst of a shitstorm.

Is this a pattern?

Hmmm, it just occurred to me while looking at that picture, from the Capital Building,

what is the OP talking about to begin with.

Tilt head to right - pretend Washington Memorial is flag staff, tilt top to right (freedom loving north. ;-). )

That’s exactly the way the flag should wave.

Of course, we can really have some fun and play other games with perspectives.

A U.S. flag flew upside down outside of my house from the day our ex-President was elected until the day he was ejected from the White House, save for occasions of inclement weather and darkness.

I don’t know if this flag on the mall was positioned the same way as a mode of political expression, too, but suppose it’s possible.

Hmmm…. I seem to remember the last time a Dem took over the White House from a GOPer, we were in the midst of a shitstorm.

Is this a pattern?

Last time was President Obama and he inherited a really bad economy, with the auto industry shutting down and people losing their homes. Before that, was Clinton. I forgot what mess he had to clean up, but I’m sure he had one. Carter had inherited something too and things even got better under him. So… yeah. It’s a pattern, but people weren’t dying from a pandemic in mass. More people have died from COVID than in 9/11. In fact, we were having that many people die every day for a short time. We’ve, supposedly, had more people die from COVID as a whole than did in some war. So we’re in more distress than we were with 9/11. This is worse than any other time in the history of the U.S. and it doesn’t help that the dotard had a super spreader overthrow the government. The fact we have people who want to have an insurrection during a pandemic makes the distress even worse.

That crazy box changes positions with me constantly. I can’t do those eye tricks because I always see both. I se the old lady and the young woman. I see the candlestick and the couple, etc etc etc etc. I see one or the other at a given second (aka the box) or I see both at the same time. Not sure if that’s my astigmatism causing it or it’s just my weird brain.

Looks good from here.
The other really interesting thing is that the "rainbow" effect is as far from the platform at the Capitol building as possible.

I’m sure this was a disappointment for a certain segment of Biden’s supporters.

Maybe it was a coinsidence that the Rainbow flags were far from the platform. Not all groupings can be in the same spot and sometimes it’s hard to decide what group is first.

Bob I’m sure you missed this, so hope you don’t me sharing it with you once again.

@mriana

Last time was President Obama and he inherited a really bad economy, with the auto industry shutting down and people losing their homes.

Before that, was Clinton. I forgot what mess he had to clean up, but I’m sure he had one.

Carter had inherited something too and things even got better under him. So… yeah. It’s a pattern, but people weren’t dying from a pandemic in mass.

More people have died from COVID than in 9/11.

In fact, we were having that many people die every day for a short time. We’ve, supposedly, had more people die from COVID as a whole than did in some war. So we’re in more distress than we were with 9/11. This is worse than any other time in the history of the U.S. and it doesn’t help that the dotard had a super spreader overthrow the government.

The fact we have people who want to have an insurrection during a pandemic makes the distress even worse.

Incidentally, here's an update on Trump's Covid Project:

The U.S. COVID-19 death toll now exceeds 413,000. USA TODAY

That’s more than the number of Americans who died in WWII – and enough to fill every existing burial plot at Arlington National Cemetery.

Americans dying faster of COVID-19 than our soldiers did in WWII
Coronavirus deaths surpassed U.S. World War II toll on Thursday, and this battle is not over.

Jim Sergent and Ramon Padilla, USA TODAY
Published 9:32 AM MST Jan. 19, 2021 Updated 4:21 PM MST Jan. 22, 2021

In less than a year, more Americans have died of COVID-19 than died during World War II, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

In the 1,347 days from the attack on Pearl Harbor to V-J Day, 405,399 Americans died fighting in World War II, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. In less than a quarter of that time, at least 413,000 Americans have lost their lives to COVID-19.

A pandemic plan was in place. Trump abandoned it — and science — in the face of Covid-19 By JASON KARLAWISH. - MAY 17, 2020

In June 2009, the recently inaugurated Obama had given his PCAST advisors their first assignment: What does the president need to do to prepare for an influenza pandemic? Five weeks later, on Aug. 7, they gave him their answers at a meeting in the White House’s State Dining Room.

Logic now think really real hard and then let us know - what did the t pig do that I’m supposed to be respectful towards ???

Then explain why I should feel nothing but the deepest imaginable contempt for your beloved Donald Trump !

He Could Have Seen What Was Coming: Behind Trump’s Failure on the Virus

By Eric Lipton, David E. Sanger, Maggie Haberman, Michael D. Shear, Mark Mazzetti and Julian E. Barnes
Published April 11, 2020Updated Oct. 2, 2020

nytimes _ com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-response _ html

424,000 More U.S. Deaths Than Normal Since Covid-19 Struck By Josh Katz, Denise Lu and Margot Sanger-KatzUpdated Jan. 21, 2021

Weekly deaths above and below normal in the U.S. since 2015

nytimes _com/interactive/2021/01/14/us/covid-19-death-toll _html

An examination reveals the president was warned about the potential for a pandemic but that internal divisions, lack of planning and his faith in his own instincts led to a halting response. …

And against all that you have flag placement to bitch about.

So Logic, why shouldn’t I feel a similar contempt for your fact free, compassion starved, trains of thought?