Dear Trump Supporters

Here’s an interesting video. I think this guy does a good job of conveying the human drama going on here.

Published on Apr 10, 2016 We attended a Trump rally disguised as satirical characters. What happened completely changed our perspective.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bS7JbIii3Y Peace House]

Well done. The problem is Trump supporters base their opinions on emotions. No amount of facts and reason will change their minds.

One of those “scary” Muslims that needs to be kept out of 'Merica to make it great again…
Such a cogent piece, it illustrates where Americas real strength and value is, in its people not its artificially imposed social stratification by the “elite” who are rapidly destroying the nation in a mindless pursuit of unlimited wealth and power.
Like Trump…

Well done. The problem is Trump supporters base their opinions on emotions. No amount of facts and reason will change their minds.
Correction - supporters of most candidates base their opinions on emotions. You too. Even so called informed voters know full well the system is rigged against any real change in the near future. Only a Trump or a Sanders, either now or in a future election, will START to make a difference. I do feel positive honestly that this election, IF Trump or Sanders wins, will be the beginning of a new america...Trump because the US will hit rock bottom and have nowhere else to go but up AND with the widespread belief that the GOP is the party of yesterday, no longer needed. And if Sanders wins, well then things will get better by force of the young folks, assuming he doesn't do an Obama and sell everyone out.

I’m pretty sure I have no idea where “bottom” is. I thought we hit it a long time ago.

Correction - supporters of most candidates base their opinions on emotions. You too. Even so called informed voters know full well the system is rigged against any real change in the near future. Only a Trump or a Sanders, either now or in a future election, will START to make a difference. I do feel positive honestly that this election, IF Trump or Sanders wins, will be the beginning of a new america...Trump because the US will hit rock bottom and have nowhere else to go but up AND with the widespread belief that the GOP is the party of yesterday, no longer needed. And if Sanders wins, well then things will get better by force of the young folks, assuming he doesn't do an Obama and sell everyone out. You were making a bit of sense until your line about Obama selling everyone out.
Correction - supporters of most candidates base their opinions on emotions. You too. Even so called informed voters know full well the system is rigged against any real change in the near future. Only a Trump or a Sanders, either now or in a future election, will START to make a difference. I do feel positive honestly that this election, IF Trump or Sanders wins, will be the beginning of a new america...Trump because the US will hit rock bottom and have nowhere else to go but up AND with the widespread belief that the GOP is the party of yesterday, no longer needed. And if Sanders wins, well then things will get better by force of the young folks, assuming he doesn't do an Obama and sell everyone out. You were making a bit of sense until your line about Obama selling everyone out.Maybe a little too broad. Why do you think so many Dems stayed home for the 2010 election? Because it was obvious early on that Obama was a Republican in Dem clothes. Pundits will spin it otherwise, but that's the bottom line. When he took single payer off, when he didn't go after Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, etc. he let us all down. And then when he went truly Republican with Obamacare, that was the real end. (And btw, he actually said as much - that the key parts of his plan were Republican ideas. He marveled at why they didn't want to support him since he'd taken THEIR ideas. Turns out of course that this was their tell - they're racist scumbags who wouldn't support a black guy even if he proposed their own ideas!)
Correction - supporters of most candidates base their opinions on emotions. You too. Even so called informed voters know full well the system is rigged against any real change in the near future. Only a Trump or a Sanders, either now or in a future election, will START to make a difference. I do feel positive honestly that this election, IF Trump or Sanders wins, will be the beginning of a new america...Trump because the US will hit rock bottom and have nowhere else to go but up AND with the widespread belief that the GOP is the party of yesterday, no longer needed. And if Sanders wins, well then things will get better by force of the young folks, assuming he doesn't do an Obama and sell everyone out. You were making a bit of sense until your line about Obama selling everyone out.Maybe a little too broad. Why do you think so many Dems stayed home for the 2010 election? Because it was obvious early on that Obama was a Republican in Dem clothes. Pundits will spin it otherwise, but that's the bottom line. When he took single payer off, when he didn't go after Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, etc. he let us all down. And then when he went truly Republican with Obamacare, that was the real end. (And btw, he actually said as much - that the key parts of his plan were Republican ideas. He marveled at why they didn't want to support him since he'd taken THEIR ideas. Turns out of course that this was their tell - they're racist scumbags who wouldn't support a black guy even if he proposed their own ideas!) I agree - BUT, don't let the voters off the hook so easy. His was going to be damned difficult presidency consider the reactionaries and racists within the Republican party - massive voter participation needed to continue by way of vocal public support insisting that Congress heed some of his initiatives. But for the most part, he was abandoned by the public. Not that that's not the way we act in general, but still, things would look way different with an engaged public. In any event, I don't think Obama was as bad a Clinton Mr Reagan lite, with a twist of left.
Maybe a little too broad. Why do you think so many Dems stayed home for the 2010 election? Because it was obvious early on that Obama was a Republican in Dem clothes. Pundits will spin it otherwise, but that's the bottom line. When he took single payer off, when he didn't go after Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, etc. he let us all down. And then when he went truly Republican with Obamacare, that was the real end. (And btw, he actually said as much - that the key parts of his plan were Republican ideas. He marveled at why they didn't want to support him since he'd taken THEIR ideas. Turns out of course that this was their tell - they're racist scumbags who wouldn't support a black guy even if he proposed their own ideas!)
The entire political spectrum not just in America but globally has been shifted to the right. The former communist block nations are some of the most capitalist now and big money pretty much buys office anywhere you go. Here in Canada we had what many of us consider a fascist in power for more than eight years. Obama had huge challenges and I think he met some of them and failed on others. He also had a very determined opposition to his mandate in some of the wealthiest and most powerful people in the world today like the Koch brothers who funded the Tea Party. The Tea Party Republicans can't really be thought of as part of a democratic movement as they do everything they can to sabotage the smooth functioning of government. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/study-confirms-tea-party-_b_2663125.html
A new academic study confirms that front groups with longstanding ties to the tobacco industry and the billionaire Koch brothers planned the formation of the Tea Party movement more than a decade before it exploded onto the U.S. political scene. Far from a genuine grassroots uprising, this astroturf effort was curated by wealthy industrialists years in advance. Many of the anti-science operatives who defended cigarettes are currently deploying their tobacco-inspired playbook internationally to evade accountability for the fossil fuel industry’s role in driving climate disruption.
http://www.woodburydems.com/the-tea-party-still-pursuing-scorched-earth-politics/
From a Democrat’s point of view, watching Republicans eat their own can give one a sense of glee. Watching the Tea Party adherents attacking those conservative Republicans they consider too “liberal" in their viewpoints. Basically believing that standing on principles is the end all of everything. Never worried about the collateral damage inflicted by their scorched earth stance. But Democrats should also realize that our moment of glee doesn’t create any new partisanship dow the road or future possibility than the “other siblings" will come to their senses and work to actually resolve problems.
In a very real sense Barak Obama has been President of an America undergoing a social and political civil war, he could have done far worse and the US could be in far worse shape if not for his two mandates. As there is no real Republican Party left as can be seen in a complete pretender being its front runner, I don't think Obama is a Republican in disguise. He was the best choice America had at the time and I think the same will apply this year with whatever candidate is chosen by the Democratic Party. As flawed as they will be, they are not a complete rejection of the democratic process and any real sense of social justice which has become the hallmark of the Republican Party now which seems more intent on destroying America than healing its deep wounds.

I don’t buy that Obama needed an engaged public. It was his job to get us to be engaged ala Bernie Sanders. He had a bully pulpit and could have done and said many things to shame the Rethugs. Instead he tried to be so presidential he forgot to be the President! (Yes, that’s from American President with Mike Douglas).

I don't buy that Obama needed an engaged public. It was his job to get us to be engaged ala Bernie Sanders. He had a bully pulpit and could have done and said many things to shame the Rethugs. Instead he tried to be so presidential he forgot to be the President! (Yes, that's from American President with Mike Douglas).
This is reality not a movie where the script writer and director can make the story come out any way they choose. In the real world Barak Obama and his presidency were under siege from day one. Early on in his presidency there were people on the far right advocating taking guns to any public events Obama was at and not so veiled threats on his life. Then you had the birthers with such prominent people as Trump trying to prove that Obama wasn't even an American. That's before you get to the Tea Party wing(nuts) of the Republican Party that are little more than lobbyists for the fossil fuel sector and big tobacco. These assholes made it their agenda to shut the legislative branch of government down whenever they could and be a complete drag on any and all of Obama's policies. The Tea Party got in by Americans electing them, they may have placed Obama in the Oval Office, but then they made his job there almost impossible by putting into Congress people who don't really represent the interests of anybody except people like the Kochs. You had the lunatic fringe in the form of people like Sarah Palin trying to frame the situation as good versus evil and pretty much once again advocating violence against Democrats that almost certainly played a role in a Congresswoman getting shot in the head. Considering how strange the times have been during Obama's Presidency, something he had little to nothing to do with other than being America's first black president, I think he did admirably. He didn't turn the Presidency into the kind of bully pulpit that the far right in America would love to have it be. He did his utmost to live up to the spirit of the democratic system in America while the extremists on the other side did everything they could to destroy any real sense of consensus governance and rationality. I think it was great for America to have a rationalist president for the last 8 years, this "from the gut" bullshit that the far right in America wants to have driving the country into the future has led to the front runners in the Republican race both being pretty hideous choices. I also think that someone like Bernie Sanders being a Democratic front runner wouldn't have been possible without the kind of reasoned environment that Obama has tried to create at the center of US power. All while the other side are going completely woo-woo in competition to see who can be the most anti-science, anti-reason as they can. Obama foaming at the mouth from the Oval Office would have made a Trump or Cruz replacing him much more likely not less.
I don't buy that Obama needed an engaged public. It was his job to get us to be engaged ala Bernie Sanders. He had a bully pulpit and could have done and said many things to shame the Rethugs. Instead he tried to be so presidential he forgot to be the President! (Yes, that's from American President with Mike Douglas).
This is reality not a movie where the script writer and director can make the story come out any way they choose. In the real world Barak Obama and his presidency were under siege from day one. Early on in his presidency there were people on the far right advocating taking guns to any public events Obama was at and not so veiled threats on his life. Then you had the birthers with such prominent people as Trump trying to prove that Obama wasn't even an American. That's before you get to the Tea Party wing(nuts) of the Republican Party that are little more than lobbyists for the fossil fuel sector and big tobacco. These assholes made it their agenda to shut the legislative branch of government down whenever they could and be a complete drag on any and all of Obama's policies. The Tea Party got in by Americans electing them, they may have placed Obama in the Oval Office, but then they made his job there almost impossible by putting into Congress people who don't really represent the interests of anybody except people like the Kochs. You had the lunatic fringe in the form of people like Sarah Palin trying to frame the situation as good versus evil and pretty much once again advocating violence against Democrats that almost certainly played a role in a Congresswoman getting shot in the head. Considering how strange the times have been during Obama's Presidency, something he had little to nothing to do with other than being America's first black president, I think he did admirably. He didn't turn the Presidency into the kind of bully pulpit that the far right in America would love to have it be. He did his utmost to live up to the spirit of the democratic system in America while the extremists on the other side did everything they could to destroy any real sense of consensus governance and rationality. I think it was great for America to have a rationalist president for the last 8 years, this "from the gut" bullshit that the far right in America wants to have driving the country into the future has led to the front runners in the Republican race both being pretty hideous choices. I also think that someone like Bernie Sanders being a Democratic front runner wouldn't have been possible without the kind of reasoned environment that Obama has tried to create at the center of US power. All while the other side are going completely woo-woo in competition to see who can be the most anti-science, anti-reason as they can. Obama foaming at the mouth from the Oval Office would have made a Trump or Cruz replacing him much more likely not less.[/quote I'm surprised Obama made it through nearly eight years without an assassination attempt by one of the millions of crazed right wingers in our midst. He'll go down in history as one of the better presidents. Certainly better than any 20th or 21st Century Republican.