Darwin Day

International Darwin Day is Feb 12th 2016 check out this video VIDEO: "Darwin Day" by Baba Brinkman - Darwin Day]video]

That is one of the first rap “songs” I have ever been able to understand on first hearing.

International Darwin Day is Feb 12th 2016 check out this video http://darwinday.org/video-darwin-day-by-baba-brinkman/]video]
Thank you quinn - I love the rap song and I will be trying to make it go viral!

And here’s an interesting fact, the two historical figures I greatly admire in so many ways, Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln, were born on the same day, in the same month and in the same year, Feb.12, 1809. They both liked Shakespeare, lost their mothers at an early age, grew beards later in life, lost a child, were abolitionists and had a lasting impact on society in general thus proving intelligent design. Nothing but divine intervention could have caused the similarities between these two historical giants! Nah, it’s just a coincidence. Anyway one liked cats and the other dogs. Yeah, and Darwin spoke with a British accent while Lincoln was fluent in Appalachian.
Can’t Jack

And here's an interesting fact, the two historical figures I greatly admire in so many ways, Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln, were born on the same day, in the same month and in the same year, Feb.12, 1809. They both liked Shakespeare, lost their mothers at an early age, grew beards later in life, lost a child, were abolitionists and had a lasting impact on society in general thus proving intelligent design. Nothing but divine intervention could have caused the similarities between these two historical giants! Nah, it's just a coincidence. Anyway one liked cats and the other dogs. Yeah, and Darwin spoke with a British accent while Lincoln was fluent in Appalachian. Can't Jack
Let me guess. Darwin was the one who liked cats?
Tim, what was the name of Darwin's boat?
Tim, what was the name of Darwin's boat?Okay, I am going to guess, without looking it up. The name of his pet?
Tim, what was the name of Darwin's boat?Okay, I am going to guess, without looking it up. The name of his pet? I believe it was his pet. But the boat's name was "Beagle". :cheese:

I looked it up too now. It was called the Beagle before he used it. It wasn’t his boat.
I guess there’s a chance he was the one who liked cats.
Ooops. My bad.
We always hear the story of Darwin on the boat called Beagle.

Tim, what was the name of Darwin's boat?Okay, I am going to guess, without looking it up. The name of his pet? I believe it was his pet. But the boat's name was "Beagle". :cheese: The Beagle, I forgot. After my guesses, I found out that he had a pet turtle, named "Harriet". So I was wrong on both counts, unless he also had a beagle.

No no, look above. I was wrong about the Beagle. Darwin didn’t name it. Sorry! :bug:

No no, look above. I was wrong about the Beagle. Darwin didn't name it. Sorry! :bug:
Yeah, but would he buy a boat named "The Beagle" and not change its name, if he didn't like dogs?

https://www.brocku.ca/MeadProject/Darwin/Darwin_1872_02.html
In this article discussing what he called “antithesis” behaviors in animals, using dogs and cats as examples, he divulged that he once owned a large dog. Still I don’t absolutely know for sure that dogs were his favorite.

Just did a search that indicated Lincoln particularly liked cats. So, if the original assertion is correct, that "one liked cats and the other dogs’, then Darwin must have favored dogs.

No no, look above. I was wrong about the Beagle. Darwin didn't name it. Sorry! :bug:
Yeah, but would he buy a boat named "The Beagle" and not change its name, if he didn't like dogs?Maybe he had a cat he named Beagle.
And here's an interesting fact, the two historical figures I greatly admire in so many ways, Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln, were born on the same day, in the same month and in the same year, Feb.12, 1809. They both liked Shakespeare, lost their mothers at an early age, grew beards later in life, lost a child, were abolitionists and had a lasting impact on society in general thus proving intelligent design. Nothing but divine intervention could have caused the similarities between these two historical giants! Nah, it's just a coincidence. Anyway one liked cats and the other dogs. Yeah, and Darwin spoke with a British accent while Lincoln was fluent in Appalachian. Can't Jack
Walt Whitman was born on that day, too.
The Beagle, I forgot. After my guesses, I found out that he had a pet turtle, named “Harriet". So I was wrong on both counts, unless he also had a beagle.
Darwin was asked to be a companion of the Captain Robert Fitzroy on the survey expedition around the World. HMS Beagle was a survey vessel. After the expedition he wrote his book "The Voyage of the Beagle" (my favorite Darwin book BTW) that led to "Origin of the Species" 20 years later. And yeah, Darwin liked dogs while Lincoln preferred cats. And I believe Harriet died not to long ago in Australia. Hey, anybody want to go to the Galápagos Islands? Cap't Jack
Hey, anybody want to go to the Galápagos Islands? Cap't Jack
Yeah, when we leaving? I'm in.
Thevillageatheist - 26 January 2016 08:59 PM Hey, anybody want to go to the Galápagos Islands? Cap’t Jack Yeah, when we leaving? I’m in. If I can raise the money, next June! Anybody else want to join us on our own CFI forum expedition? Cap't Jack

So this June…coming up in about 5 months?