Cultural appropriation

In a multiracial society I.D. by race works well enough — e.g. 37% black, 42%white, etc. — that one Works for doing what?
Demographic tracking.

What is the use of classifying people according color of skin ? Except introducing hierarchies and or discriminating.

All people are born with equal rights and duties … The color of skin does not defines some one. People identities are not enclosed in the color of their skin and this color does not tell anything about their worth as human beings.

Incidentally, if you want to define people by color of skin or " racial " origins, in our world it can be complicated.

How would you define some one partly Apache, partly Mexican, partly Wasp and partly black? And there could be more complicated cases

I have never understood why some one who is a quarter black is looked upon as black if he has any physical " black "traits or as white if he does not show evident ones.

Demographers have done it forever. You probably would not agree but a wise government wants to know what kind of people it is dealing with.

a wise government wants to know what kind of people it is dealing with.
BS. The politicians want to know what they have to promise to whom to get elected.

Your way of saying it is better.

The Cleveland baseball team (soon to be the formerly named “Indians”) will no longer allow fans in Indian-type dress into the ballpark - headdress, face paint, etc

Like many moderate “white guys”, it’s with mixed feelings to see the change of identity.

When the Super Bowl was in Minneapolis, I lived there. Or maybe it was the playoff game with the “Washington Football Team”. I didn’t quite get it until I went down there and saw the signs by the Native American protesters. They said things like the “New York Jews” and had a logo like picture of caricatured Jewish man. I think another was the something “Honkies”. Whatever, you get the idea. I did anyway.

When the Super Bowl was in Minneapolis, I lived there. Or maybe it was the playoff game with the “Washington Football Team”. I didn’t quite get it until I went down there and saw the signs by the Native American protesters. They said things like the “New York Jews” and had a logo like picture of caricatured Jewish man. I think another was the something “Honkies”. Whatever, you get the idea. I did anyway.
I wasn't always aware that the R-word was as offensive as the N-word.

I could understand taking some offence to the caricature that Chief Wahoo was. It’s more like a cartoon of a drunk, Irish policeman … in New York.

But what is acceptable now? Should Miami have to rename the city… or the school … or everything?

Some are going after Jeep Cherokee now.

Like I said … mixed feelings.