Cuba is gay

BBC: Castro daughter leads gay rights march in Cuba]

That’s funny, I always assumed that the whole world was just as hetero as the US Congress, the NFL, or even this forum.

Interesting. Their healthcare system will pay for sex change procedures. But advocates are not actively seeking to get gay marriage into law, as this would require changing their constitution. And I suppose that is as difficult to do as it is here.

Here is the USA, some state Constitutions are being CHANGED to narrowly define marriage, the gay marriage supporters aren’t really the ones trying to change any Constitutions. In the USA gay marriage is coming, so says the new generation. In Cuba, I do wonder what their Constitution says, I’d be surprise if it mentions marriage, I’d be surprised if it isn’t secular. :slight_smile: I wonder if Castro, Ché, and the revolutionaries wrote anything into it?

Here is the USA, some state Constitutions are being CHANGED to narrowly define marriage, the gay marriage supporters aren't really the ones trying to change any Constitutions. In the USA gay marriage is coming, so says the new generation. In Cuba, I do wonder what their Constitution says, I'd be surprise if it mentions marriage, I'd be surprised if it isn't secular. :) I wonder if Castro, Ché, and the revolutionaries wrote anything into it?
In the video that you linked, I think Castro's daughter explicitly said they are not going for gay marriage because it would require a constitutional change. So I looked it up: "Article 36 of the Constitution of Cuba defines marriage as "the voluntarily established union between a man and a woman"" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Cuba