CRT OMG

write4u

What you just witnessed was White Male thinking they’re using reason and citing objective facts………..

Is that what that was? SMH

Excuse me? Are you saying that people of colour can’t have reason and objective facts?
Maybe they can occasionally, but the point is these are Eurocentric concepts which they are trying to avoid.

@thatoneguy

Maybe they can occasionally, but the point is these are Eurocentric concepts which they are trying to avoid.

Really? You don’t say?

mriana said: Excuse me? Are you saying that people of colour can’t have reason and objective facts?
thatoneguy said: Maybe they can occasionally,
I believe this needs explaining. As it stands it is a pure rascist statement.
but the point is these are Eurocentric concepts which they are trying to avoid.
You mean the concept of colonialism which condones the invasion, occupation, and rape of another less powerful country? Do you agree with that Eurocentric concept?

Please dont mix fact and ideas.

Colonisation, which is a crime against humanity, has been mostly a politic of European countries, but not exclusively.

Japan had colonies and was as harsh as any western country. Chinese empire was a colonial state, with the difference that it colonized inland, as imperial Russia, not over sea.

For me, racism is an ideology, by which human types are classified, according to types. Each type is presumed to have specific traits, inherent to them, and the different types are classified.

For white racists, the " Whites" are the " superior race".

Racism is not a system of domination, it is an ideology who justify a system of domination.

Racism is not inherent to the " White " men, as history has proved. before WWII, many Japaneses were racists and there are racists who are no " White". I have met some of them.

To believe that racism is inherent to " White " people, is a way to essentialise them and is the first step of a racist way of thinking. the next step would be to think that " whites" are inferior as being racists.

Racism is not written in human DNA.

@morgankane01

Racism is not a system of domination, it is an ideology who justify a system of domination.

Racism is not inherent to the ” White ” men, as history has proved. before WWII, many Japaneses were racists and there are racists who are no ” White”. I have met some of them.

To believe that racism is inherent to ” White ” people, is a way to essentialise them and is the first step of a racist way of thinking. the next step would be to think that ” whites” are inferior as being racists.

You’re right. I’ve met Black people who are racist and Native Americans who are racist, but in some respects, I get why they are racist, but sadly they blame everyone who has a drop of European heritage. They are so angry that they forget there are a lot of people who didn’t do what those who are at fault did.

Racism is not written in human DNA.
Somewhat true. Racism is not necessarily inevitable but tribalism is part of human DNA, and racism is a type of tribalism.

Racism is taught. Unless you have documentation from a credible source, tribalism isn’t part of human DNA. Yes, we are social creatures, but that isn’t tribalism in our genes. The practice of tribalism is part of racism being taught. Tribalism, which is also taught, is a form of racism.

Tribalism, which is also taught, is a form of racism. -- Mriana
I'd say this is the real challenge of our time. For a very long time, we developed in small groups and when those groups got to a few hundred, they split. Any kind of coming together or decision making across or between groups was ritualized in some, it needed guidance. Although, I guess, if it was happening without rituals and symbols, then there wouldn't be evidence of it left behind. I imagine some people figured out how to live in harmony somewhere. But they didn't leave us with a manual.

@lausten

But they didn’t leave us with a manual.

I don’t know. Maybe the manual is to treat all human beings as being human.

I don’t know. Maybe the manual is to treat all human beings as being human.
Maybe the manual is to treat all human beings as being human. -- Mriana
True dat. "Manual" to me symbolizes the Western version of how you pass on wisdom. There is always something lost in the translation, "cook on medium heat until consistency is achieved", "do not over tighten". The Jewish people threw off the bonds of their oppressors then left us with a mixed bag of allegory and lists of taboos. It's indecipherable. We keep moving away from the language of giving, of valuing life.

@lausten

“Manual” to me symbolizes the Western version of how you pass on wisdom.

By that definition, it’s been written through mythical stories- Native American stories, Xian stories, Jewish stories, Sufi stories, Islamic stories, Buddhist stories, Tao stories, etc etc, which is very tribal and takes us back to Tribalism is taught and learned.

The drive behind Critical Race Theory is not some honest attempt to understand the race issue in America. It’s not a new American Dilemma. Please don’t kid yourselves about that.

The essence of this dispute is simply this. First, a general background observation: there are things which many people are generally aware of, but are too polite to talk about. For many years, the Black situation in America has been one of them.

Every other racial minority in America has prospered. Indians who immigrate to America have much higher family income than whites. The Japanese were put into internment camps … and have flourished. The Chinese were explicitly excluded from immigration for a long time … .and have flourished.

Blacks, on average, have not. On average, Black students do very poorly on every sort of test – from IQ tests, to academic tests. There is no dispute about this.

But there could be a dispute about why. Generally, it’s a radioactive topic, so academics who value their careers – 99.99% of them – don’t touch the issue, and just mouth platitudes and pieties.

But … if we really want to have an honest conversation about race – about why 13% of the population commits more than 50% of the murders – well – polite people have been generally aware of the problem, but have not talked about it.

Now the Critical Race Theory people want to discuss it. Well … they don’t really want to discuss it – they don’t want to have a genuine discussion of possible explanations. What they want to do is to say: it’s white people’s fault. Black failure is due to ‘systemic racism’. A very selective racism, that doesn’t seem to affect a dark-skinned Hindu who speaks English with an accent, but does affect the majority of American Blacks.

If they wanted to have a real debate and discussion, then they would urge college courses on the subject to read Charles Murray, and his critics like James Flynn and others. But of course that’s the last thing that they want. They want obedience.

And liberals will give it to them. After all, way down deep most liberals believe Blacks are stupid – and need to be fed mythologies that the condescending white liberals wouldn’t put up with for a second were their own children to be taught such nonsense. [I don’t know if Portland, Oregon still physically exists, but if it does, aren’t they still teaching Black kids that they are descended from Egyptians, who had psionic powers? In fact, I think I first read about that atrocity here.]

It’s a power play by people who are “anti-capitalist” in a superficial way, who have a deep disdain for America, and – as America is now in decline – have decided to kick the enemy when he’s down.

Short term, it’s a smart strategy. Liberal custard-heads will wring their hands, and express sympathy by uttering the usual pieties-- from behind the safety of their gated communities, as far away as they can get from concentrations of urban Blacks. Academics who want to keep their jobs will not commit Thoughtcrime by expressing opposition.

But … for the last sixty years, American whites have been indoctrinated with the idea that white racism is bad, wrong, unfair: give Blacks a fair chance, judge them on the content of their character, give them a bit of extra Affirmative Action help, and they’ll get right up there along with every other minority group that has come to America.

And a good thing, too. It’s a critical component of a decent liberal (in the general sense) society. Ignore race … treat everyone as an individual.

But now whites are being told, race is everything. And yours is evil. And so is your country, founded on racism. American patriotism is bad.

Of course, this will work on some of them – the kids who want to get cushy jobs in the ‘woke’ corporations will say whatever they’re required to say. But in the long term, it’s very dangerous. Start telling ordinary whites – those deplorables whose children aren’t going to become marketing consultants and website designers for multi-national corporations – that America is uniquely evil in its treatment of racial minorities, and they’ll start looking around at the rest of the world to see how minorities are treated in other countries.

Africa is of course an embarrassing topic for liberals and they generally pass over in silence thestomach-turning atrocities that the various tribes there regularly inflict on each other. But … you can’t fool life. If American whites are told that Blacks’ problems are due to their being a minority under the rule of whites, they’ll start to learn something about the places where Blacks rule themselves – Africa – and Haiti, Jamaica. Powerful stuff that white racism – magical long-distance powers.

American patriotism is in fact the only real anti-racism. America is not an ethnically-homogeneous nation-state. It’s only held together by an emotional, sub-rational commitment of a kind different than natural ethnic solidarity. And this committment is not immutable. Raise a generation – which we have done, among the ‘woke’ types – which despises its own country – mainly out of class snobbery --, and you’re getting close to the final chapter in a nation’s history.

Too bad. Really, really … too bad. Liberal democracy looked like conquering the world thirty years ago – the ‘end of history’.

Now it’s withering in its strongest bastion.

@doug1943

And liberals will give it to them. After all, way down deep most liberals believe Blacks are stupid — and need to be fed mythologies that the condescending white liberals wouldn’t put up with for a second were their own children to be taught such nonsense. [I don’t know if Portland, Oregon still physically exists, but if it does, aren’t they still teaching Black kids that they are descended from Egyptians, who had psionic powers? In fact, I think I first read about that atrocity here.]

OK now I’m wondering if the rest of what you said is true. I can’t fathom anyone teaching Black people descended from Egyptians. Secondly, I’m liberal and yet I’ve taught my sons (who are 1/2 Black) they are very intelligent, can do anything they want, even become president (Obama is example) and if anyone tells them differently, they are the ones who are stupid. I think the same of any other Black child. But then again, I’m a different breed of liberal and anti-capitalist, who took African-American studies courses in college taught by Black professors, as well as lived in a multi-racial community. Yes, we did talk about Africa, slavery from there to here, and more.

You sound like a Repug or a Libertarian, which is almost as bad.

In fact, some ancient Egyptians had black ancestry, especially in southern Egypt, as the relationships between Egypt and Nubia were strong.

A Nubian dynasty ruled Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Dynasty_of_Egypt

American patriotism is in fact the only real anti-racism. America is not an ethnically-homogeneous nation-state. It’s only held together by an emotional, sub-rational commitment of a kind different than natural ethnic solidarity. And this committment is not immutable. Raise a generation — which we have done, among the ‘woke’ types — which despises its own country — mainly out of class snobbery –, and you’re getting close to the final chapter in a nation’s history.
Yes, the nation is held together by an emotional sub-rational agreement of promised equality in spite of persistent natural ethnic white solidarity.

The Constitution was written during a time where Blacks were not considered full human beings. This was corrected by Amendment only. But many “conservative” people still cling to the notion of “white superiority”.

Why else the concerted effort to prevent people of color from voting.? In a Nation that espouses equality under the law, what is wrong with minorities voting? Is it to preserve white hold on the power, contrary to the Constitutional declaration of non-discrimination?

Let’s get real about this, shall we?

@morgankane01

n fact, some ancient Egyptians had black ancestry, especially in southern Egypt, as the relationships between Egypt and Nubia were strong.

While that is true, not everyone from the African continent has Egyptian ancestry.

While that is true, not everyone from the African continent has Egyptian ancestry. - mriana
Nope, sorry. It has to be all or nothing, black or white, yes or no, 100% or 0%. For that's the only way extremism works.

?

For that’s the only way extremism works.

And that’s why extremism is BS- it’s all or nothing. They can accept that some people or groups are one way and others another.