COVID news and predictions

A shutdown hurts everybody.
The vaccine is there to help those that will take it.
The pandemic now is primarily a significant impact (hospitalization, death) mostly only to those that do not take the vax.

Staying open with precautions is probably the lesser of many other evils.
Once this burns through the population and culls the vulnerable and somewhat “protects” the rest, Yes, I believe it will become endemic. (sorry for such harsh wording)
I said from the beginning that everybody will come in contact with it probably within 2-3 years. Maybe some people already have a natural immunity - or at least able to effectively fight it off, and won’t really notice. The vax just expands that “protected” population.

You serious???

Yes

[quote=“triplex69, post:20, topic:8746”]
So when Biden proclaims that “we” are not “going back to March 2020,” he is reassuring Wall Street that the massive wealth accumulated by the pandemic profiteers will be protected. It is gov’t of, for and by the corporate-financial oligarchy.

Can you clarify pandemic profiteers and who profited from the pandemic?

Can you prevent it? Of course he is serious. mrm is merely stating a fact of natural selection. This is objective thinking, without personal subjective judgement.

1 Like

Let the weak die? Sounds like a social Darwinist

That is not what he said. But now that you brought it up, what are you going to do about preventing the vulnerable from dying? Pray?

Read the rest of his post and he explains his perspective more fully. But you read a few words and throw an emotional tantrum.

Consider this astonishing fact: Billionaire wealth has increased steadily since 1990, but one-third of these wealth gains have occurred during the pandemic.

Let it rip - cull the population is what he said

No, this was increased during Trump who started his presidency with the largest tax cut in history, disproportionally benefitting the very rich and HIMSELF!

One thing that benefitted everybody was Operation Warp -Speed was 18 billion payment to Pharma for the development of free vaccines. for everybody.

Yes, that’s what Natural Selection does. It culls and has done that since the beginning of time. That is the entire principle that drives Evolution . There is nothing emotional or moral about it.

mrm is not responsible for COVID. But he recognizes the inherent potential for long term pandemic danger this virus may possess.

That is not what he said.
Intentionally altering what a person actually said in order to cast a false impression of what was said is a serious offense in my book.

Yes he did - let it cull even saying he was serious about it. Let it rip and cull the population is trump talk. Taking other measures besides the vaccinations does not appear on the agenda

I agree that “Let it rip” is Trump talk and it is you who used it!

OTOH, “culling” is a perfectly acceptable term in context of Natural Selection and removal of diseased or vulnerable individuals from the rest of the population.

What is the purpose of culling?

Culling and the Common Good: Re-evaluating Harms and Benefits under the One Health Paradigm

The aim of culling is to eradicate a host species , to prevent the pathogen entering and contaminating new individuals and populations. May 3, 2016

And again I ask what can you offer as a positive solution. Quarantining all sick people , something like a leper colony? What, aside from vaccination?

1 Like

Thank you for understanding beyond the words used.

“Let it rip!” …?
No!!
I pointed out that vaccines and other precautionary measures can slow or mitigate hospitalization and death.

It is those that are extremely vulnerable or those that choose to be ignorant that the virus is now killing.
Or, unfortunately, the innocent children of the ignorant that chose not to vax (and so those genes will not be passed down). However, if they are of the lucky few that may be naturally immune, they get a pass…

Or, if you want to avoid responsibility, instead of “willfully ignorant” you can claim “I was brainwashed by a cult” …

Science and technology continue to expand “survivable mutations”.
If/when society collapses “Darwinism” will have a greater effect than today.

To be more precise, I said the pandemic will cull the population. There is nothing we can do to stop it. But there are things we can do to slow it down.

You post drips with Cull is Acceptable while lockdown is unacceptable. You haven’t even explained what “SOME MEASURES” even means.

And then the other guy piggybacks with a because animal populations are culled it’s ok to let a human population cull. Straight out of the Survival of the fitness playbook

Cull is inevitable, lockdown is unacceptable. You think we can stop COVID from killing more people?

Humans are exempt from natural selection? We can’t even take care of ourselves.
Do you believe war is acceptable?

Lock down is a disaster.

But in the beginnings of the pandemic, it had to be used to break the transmission of the virus, especially as masks were not available. It was effective.

Later, partial mesures as curfews and telework were preferred.

One thing the first lock down taught us is that Classes must not be shut down.

Good science calls for the adoption of the precautionary principle and lockdown response makes sense before we know how this virus affects us.

You want to throw this out the window and roll the dice on the most infectious virus the world has ever seen whose health effects we still are uncertain of but know that children appear to the at risk group for this virus?

Good luck. Hope you are right in that this is tame