A light in the darkness?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-can-plasma-recovered-patients-treat-sick

Right now, what I see as the best hope for us getting out of the C-19 mess in time to avoid a Great Depression is the possibility that antibody rich plasma taken from C-19 recoverees will be shown to ameliorate the worst effects of C-19 on those who have the active disease.

Study trials are beginning. So Pray! fellow atheists. Pray to Saint Darwin for our deliverance!

Pray like the wind, you godless heathens!

Seriously, though, is anyone else hopeful about C-19 antibodies treatment?

AND a bonus: Based on the model in my head that is held together with gum, tape, staples, and paperclips, I have calculated that within two weeks, there will be 1,000,000 + US Americans who have personally harbored and then defeated C-19, thus producing ANTIBODIES in their bloodstream.

Forget T rump’s snake oil desperate pitch to promote Hydrocloroquine and Z-Pac !

We will have a true healing agent with the ANTIBODIES rich plasma donated by our Fellow American Survivors of C-19. (knock on wood)

Who’s mudi?

Fascinating article Tim, thanks. It’s amazing what we are capable of when at our best. Now if only there were not so many Republican oligarch agenda driven, self-certain, know-nothing back-stabbers out there, doing as much vandalism as they can get away with.

What ever happened to our Informed and Engage Electorate???

CITATIONS for "Can plasma from recovered COVID-19 patients treat the sick?" Clinical trials will test if antibodies against the coronavirus prevent infection, aid survival

By Aimee Cunningham, APRIL 3, 2020

A. Casadevall and L.-A. Pirofski. The convalescent sera option for containing COVID-19. Journal of Clinical Investigation. Vol. 130, April 1, 2020, p. 1545. doi: 10.1172/JCI138003

C. Shen et al. Treatment of 5 critically ill patients with COVID-19 with convalescent plasma. JAMA.Published online March 27, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.4783

This website is for:

National COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma Project

Health care providers who are considering using convalescent plasma to treat patients, either outside of a trial or in the context of a randomized trial
Patients who have recovered from COVID-19 infection and are willing to donate plasma
Patients with any stage of COVID-19 (or their families) who are considering this treatment
Any member of the public interested in learning more about convalescent plasma use currently and in the past (see section on key papers)
https://ccpp19.org

The one true light in the darkness is our God-given immune system. Just don’t wreck it with the cures and wonders of modern medical science.

troll

sree said; The one true light in the darkness is our God-given immune system. Just don’t wreck it with the cures and wonders of modern medical science.
Yes, we used to live so much longer a few hundred years ago, before we knew about vitamin deficiency and compromised immune systems due to illness, stress, poor diet. If only we had carried on with bedside prayer, bloodletting, sin-eaters, and an occasional exorcism , we'd be so much better off.

Yes, we used to live so much longer a few hundred years ago, before we knew about vitamin deficiency and compromised immune systems due to illness, stress, poor diet.
Have you ever seen a squirrel or bird suffering from vitamin deficiency, stress or poor diet? I don't know how long people used to live but they certainly did not live as well as we do now with our modern conveniences.
If only we had carried on with bedside prayer, bloodletting, sin-eaters, and an occasional exorcism , we’d be so much better off.
Other than bedside prayer, I don't know of the other things you mentioned. I still pray but no longer at the bedside like I used to do as a kid. Prayer, to me, is a sense of concern and an appeal for an end to a dire situation such as now when the norm of human life has been brought to a standstill. Time doesn't stop, and God's good Earth goes on turning. If we don't get our planting done, the season to do so will soon be over and there won't be anything to harvest. No fruits and vegetables on grocery shelves all over the country. Let us pray, ok?

If we don’t get our planting done, the season to do so will soon be over and there won’t be anything to harvest.
Gee, do you think anyone else has figured out that farmers are essential workers?

Essential workers? You don’t feel that everybody is as entitled as mriana to be as concerned about getting infected and dying? Why work instead of staying home safe watching movies now that free money from the government can keep everyone whole for as long as Fauci wants? We are not China. No Americans can be force to work at gunpoint.

Here’s an idea. Let’s do antibody tests on all undocumented aliens trying to get into the country. If they have antibodies, they may not be carriers and may be immune. If they are farm workers and are otherwise decent people, we give them citizenship for working on our farms and agricultural distribution over the next year.

USA! USA! (I just like to throw that in occasionally).

I know our goody two shoes on the other side of the American moral divide wouldn’t give a damn who fall down dead to the virus while working on the farms planting and harvesting. They love evidence and facts but not the harsh facts of reality. They just can’t handle the truth.

I’m sure I mentioned this last time. The guy saying that is the one who killed the kid. “You can’t handle the truth” is what murdering liars say to try to get off. They think they are right. They aren’t.

You don’t feel that everybody is as entitled as mriana to be as concerned about getting infected and dying?
Quite trolling Sree. I responded to what you said, now you are changing it. Engage in conversation or go find another forum.