Could someone recommend me some interesting science documentaries

Preferably something recent. I’ve already seen the new cosmos series
thanks in advance

Preferably something recent. I've already seen the new cosmos series thanks in advance
I have to say, I think your use of CS name is very off-putting to me. I thought about not saying anything and ignoring you completely but decided on the direct and honest approach. It's your right to choose whichever name you want but I find it disrespectful to his memory and all that he gave the world... it is also telling, IMO. I speak only for myself so there are many here who may still converse with you. :(
Preferably something recent. I've already seen the new cosmos series thanks in advance
I have to say, I think your use of CS name is very off-putting to me. I thought about not saying anything and ignoring you completely but decided on the direct and honest approach. It's your right to choose whichever name you want but I find it disrespectful to his memory and all that he gave the world... it is also telling, IMO. I speak only for myself so there are many here who may still converse with you. :( I agree, use of the name here is annoying. Lois

Could you be more specific?
Google Lawrence Krauss’ talk about something from nothing, that’s my favorite.

Could you be more specific? Google Lawrence Krauss' talk about something from nothing, that's my favorite.
I've already seen that lecture and it was great. I've also seen his latest documentary with Richard Dawkins. Now I'm just looking for something new btw, Sorry you guys feel that way about my screen name, but this is the internet where alias thrive. I would never use my real name or identity on a forum. I'm inspired by Carl so I use his name. It's that simple and It's not that serious. Anyway, please recommend some documentaries or lectures.
Could you be more specific? Google Lawrence Krauss' talk about something from nothing, that's my favorite.
I've already seen that lecture and it was great. I've also seen his latest documentary with Richard Dawkins. Now I'm just looking for something new btw, Sorry you guys feel that way about my screen name, but this is the internet where alias thrive. I would never use my real name or identity on a forum. I'm inspired by Carl so I use his name. It's that simple and It's not that serious. Anyway, please recommend some documentaries or lectures. There is nothing wrong with using an alias. There is an infinite number of sensible aliases you could have used. It's as bad as calling yourself Albert Einstein. If you wanted to have Carl Sagan in your alias without causing annoyance you could have used CarlSaganFan, for example. You haven't shown any creativity in your choice. You don't show inspiration by stealing his name, you show denigration. I doubt he would be pleased. Lois

MZ and Lois: I don’t think you have to worry. I’d guess that enough of our members will be annoyed by the use of that name that he’ll get very few responses to his posts so he’ll leave and go somewhere else to try it. :slight_smile:
Occam

MZ and Lois: I don't think you have to worry. I'd guess that enough of our members will be annoyed by the use of that name that he'll get very few responses to his posts so he'll leave and go somewhere else to try it. :) Occam
You're always so sensible. That is my hope anyway. :)

Here is an interesting one

Some of the data is kind of controversial, but still an interesting documentary.

MZ and Lois: I don't think you have to worry. I'd guess that enough of our members will be annoyed by the use of that name that he'll get very few responses to his posts so he'll leave and go somewhere else to try it. :) Occam
Could be. But he could come back with another name, say Neil DeGrasse Tyson. :lol:

Wise ass. :lol: :lol: :slight_smile:
Occam

Could be. But he could come back with another name, say Neil DeGrasse Tyson. :lol: More likely, "god". Bwahahahahahaha...... ;-)

Higgs Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality - Sean Carroll - Skepticon 5
How the Hadron Supercollider helped identify energy fields and eliminate the possibility of there being supernatural energy fields which debunks a lot of psuedoscience and religious beliefs.

2014 Hans Jenny Memorial Lecture: Chris Mooney, “The Science of Why We Don’t Believe in Science”
Motivated reasoning by the subconscious alters people’s beliefs in science. The more libertarians learn about climate science the more they reject it because it conflicts with their worldview. Based partially on Dan Kahan’s work from Yale - The tragedy of science communication.

If you haven’t seen Connections, Connections 2, Connections 3, and The Day the Universe Changed, by James Burke, they’re some of the best TV documentary series ever produced. Despite having been done in the late '70s, the final episode of Connections is remarkably prescient for our society today. They’re all on YouTube.

Could be. But he could come back with another name, say Neil DeGrasse Tyson. :lol: ...or Ken Hamm! :lol:
Could be. But he could come back with another name, say Neil DeGrasse Tyson. :lol: ...or Ken Hamm! :lol: I've always wondered what possesses some to steel others well established names - other than larceny of one sort or another. The most disgusting example being the so called George C, Marshall Institute] which has nothing whatsoever to do with George C. Marshall or his legacy and which I believe would make the real (late, great) George Marshall howl in outrage.

Well, I, for one, would rather have folks latching on to the name of a famous scientist, than that of a professional football athlete with questionable morals.

Could be. But he could come back with another name, say Neil DeGrasse Tyson. :lol: ...or Ken Hamm! :lol: I've always wondered what possesses some to steel others well established names - other than larceny of one sort or another. The most disgusting example being the so called George C, Marshall Institute] which has nothing whatsoever to do with George C. Marshall or his legacy and which I believe would make the real (late, great) George Marshall howl in outrage. It was the same with John Birch, who was dead when the Society was created and had nothing to do with it. Lois

Strictly speaking this is not a science documentary it is more biographical/history about Einstein.
Documentary Albert Einstein Documentary

psik

It was the same with John Birch, who was dead when the Society was created and had nothing to do with it. Lois
Wow, I had no idea.
http://www.reformed-theology.org/jbs/html/jbirch.htm A Real Man, a Real Hero by Steve Bonta In a time when scarcely a day passes without China making headlines here in the United States, it is difficult to believe that this communist colossus was once all but ignored by Western politicians and corporate interests. Yet only 60 years ago China was a vast, impotent waste-land rent by civil conflict and crippled by disease and poverty. The only Americans interested in China, it seemed, were Christian missionaries from various denominations, who saw China's hundreds of millions of souls as ripe for the gospel. Accordingly, in the 1930s, hundreds of devout Christians in America devoted their lives to missionary service in China. They learned the difficult Chinese language and tramped about the countryside preaching, converting, baptizing, and establishing congregations of the faithful. One of these missionaries was a young man from Georgia named John Morrison Birch. Birch grew up in a devout Southern Baptist home in rural Georgia, and while attending Mercer University in Macon he decided to become a missionary in China. After graduating at the head of his class at Mercer, he enrolled in the Bible Baptist Seminary in Ft. Worth, Texas, where he finished a two-year curriculum in a single year. In the summer of 1940 he sailed for China.
I tend to have contempt for the arrogance of A) People who presume they comprehend the "Word" and "Will" of God (and have a need to shove it down other's throats) B) instruments of colonial expansion, subjugation and mass destruction of previous communities But that's interesting stuff to know, thanks Lois.