Coronavirus

This administration is incapable of dealing with this crisis. Perhaps the “deep state”, (iow the non-partisan career professionals who actually ARE the gears of govt) perhaps they could have the wherewithal to protect us, IF enough have not already been systematically shafted and replaced by T rump kissers.

The daily misinformation from White House briefings is also counterproductive. Now Azar said that 400,000 tests will be available NEXT WEEK. WTF about testing that is actually being done, right now??? It’s pretty close to the end f the week. They said (various promises of numbers of tests) would be available. Over ten thousand at least, from the various things they have said. Are thousands of tests being done today? No???

This administration has shown itself incapable of doing the first most basic task of addressing the pandemic, which is to get massive numbers of tests done. They have only shown themselves capable of presenting the situation as if massive testing is going to be available. Whenever that actually really happens, this administration has FAILED to get it done for weeks. Might lives have been saved if this administration had not failed so miserably? Might lives be saved if this administration does not CONTINUE to fail to get testing going? They are saying that a million tests will be available soon. But they are LIARS who work for our LIAR DOTUS. So we can NOT go by what they say, ONLY BY what they do.

Oh and now it’s Obama’s fault? That’s all trump has blaming other people.

As for the question, what does Obama have to do with it.

March 5, 2020, 2:30 AM MST / Updated March 6, 2020, 7:15 AM MST By Mike Hixenbaugh

nbcnews_com/health/health-care/scientists-were-close-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091

HOUSTON — Dr. Peter Hotez says he made the pitch to anyone who would listen. After years of research, his team of scientists in Texas had helped develop a vaccine to protect against a deadly strain of coronavirus. Now they needed money to begin testing it in humans.

But this was 2016. More than a decade had passed since the viral disease known as severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, had spread through China, killing more than 770 people. That disease, an earlier coronavirus similar to the one now sweeping the globe, was a distant memory by the time Hotez and his team sought funding to test whether their vaccine would work in humans.

“We tried like heck to see if we could get investors or grants to move this into the clinic,” said Hotez, co-director of the Center for Vaccine Development at Texas Children’s Hospital and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. “But we just could not generate much interest.” …

Guess he AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT MATTERED was too busy trying to win political games and make more money, to care about what a worry wart doctor was whining about.

What a shame Obama totally lost at his political game, and never even noticed it happening. That’s what happens when powerful people surround themselves with sycophants.

You know, I have a lot of articles concerning the COVID=19 on my FB page. Some are from Live Science, NEJM, JAMA, CDC, WHO, as well as NY Times and Wash Po, maybe some other news sources, but I try to stick to the science about it and what news sources are saying about how many and where the virus is. The thing is, I’m not so sure how reliable NY Magazine and fortune.com, among a few other sources posted. Snopes is good. Just be careful of what you read and if it’s not a medical site, fact check the sources. However, authorities really do need to tell the truth, even if it does anger the dotard. The public needs to know who far this virus has spread and how bad it really is. At this point, I have to be honest, I don’t know who to believe except for WHO.

This meeting might be finished, but hopefully they recorded it. There is video on site, so hopefully that wasn’t just for the livestream. The panel has doctors and other health professionals at American Progress gathering.

I think this is the video:

Follow what I say next. The T rump kisser task force and the T rump kisser infiltrated CDC have, now been explaining how T rump’s assertion that the death rate From COVID-19 is no higher than the death rate of the flu.

They say this is just a matter of doing the math. They say that the denominator on which the calculation is based, is much higher than we know, because most people show no signs of the disease.

You know what? They could be right. WE DON"T KNOW, because they haven’t done more than a pittance of testing. But here’s the part you need to think about: IF they are right, and the denominator is much higher than we know, then THE CALCUALTION GOES BOTH WAYS. IF they are right, that means that for each death one can calculate from IF the death rate is ONLY .1% (as with the flu, currently). So do the math. We currently have 14 deaths in the USA reported from COVID-19. There may be more that we don’t know about, but there are at least 14 (and rising each day). So here’s the math: What is # of people who carry the COVID-19, if 14 or more have died at a rate of .1%?

Is the answer 14,000 or more???

And we still have only a pittance of testing being eeked out by the CDC.

IF the latest minimizing hypothesis from the T rumpers is correct, then there are, right now, 14,000 or more people in the USA who are carrying the COVID-19 virus. And that number is growing daily, while daily, we get bright promises about 15, 000, or 40 thousand, or 1.5 million, or 4 million tests are to be available by this weekend, or next week. Meanwhile the CDC approved ONLY 45 tests for the cruise ship stuck in San Francisco Bay. There are 3500 people on that ship. (45 measly tests???) They said that anyone who got a doctor’s order can get testing. THAT IS NOT HAPPENING.

This administration is CONTINUING to demonstrate its gross incompetence in addressing this crisis, while PRETENDING that they are doing all sorts of great things.

First, make sure you read and understand that last post.

Second, I just want to wonder out loud: Does South Korea have a hundred times better health care system than the USA???

Perhaps, they do. They have done 100 times the amount of testing for COVID-19.

I don’t know about South Korea, but I do know the death rate from COVID-19 isn’t 0.1%. I also wouldn’t believe a word the dotard says. That said, I don’t remember an exact number of tests being sent out this week, but I know it was not 1.5 million. I think it was more like 15000 or something like that, which will allegedly test millions. I’m not sure how.

The lying cronies of our LIAR DOTUS have stated variously: 15,000 tests would be available, 40,000 tests would be available, 1.5 million tests would be available, 4 million tests would be available. So far, that has just been pretty talk with no actual increase in our pathetically small number of tests done.

IOW, just mother F’in lies from T rump’s govt. Also they have variously said the thousands or millions of tests would be available by this weekend (that’s today, so that is a LIE) OR that the tests would be available by early next week, OR next week. Today the time was stated as “within the next couple of weeks”. That probable LIE gives them until the 20th to then again, lie and, extend their promised time frame. Meanwhile, the # of people infected could very likely have doubled or tripled, by then.

BTW, take a look at how Singapore has dealt with this epidemic. Are they that much smarter and competent than us? They SPEEDILY got strategic testing done. What a concept!

Oh, and the 45 tests that the CDC allowed the Cruise ship in the SF Bay, discovered 21 positive for COVID-19. 21 out of 45. That just leaves 3455 people on the floating petri dish, to be tested. 19 of the 21 were ship staff. (I wonder how many of those staff have been involved in bringing things to the quarantined passengers.)

T rump doesn’t want any with COVID-19 to be allowed off the boat, because that could reflect badly on him (in his freaked up mind).

But would it not be more humane and reasonable to sort out who is carrying the virus and put them in separate quarantine, (off of the ship) instead of trapping all 3500 people together with them so as to be, eventually, infected?

Please people. How fkked up is it that our govt cannot take the most basic reasonable actions??? How can you stand their pathetically insufficient incompetent response???

And now comes the part where I scream in righteous, but impotent frustration:

AAIIGHEE!, sonofabich, fukkin, shit, AIIAGHEE-AAIIIAEEE!fk-fk-fk-fk-fk-AIEEAHH-Shee-it!!Mother fkkers!!!

It’s insane. It would make more sense to put those who test negative in a separate area off the ship or something for about 14 days and then put the ones infected some place else in quarantine. It’s all a very difficult situation.

It would make more sense
But sense is exactly what the know-nothing Right Wing has nothing of.

No compassion either.

Empathy? Nah, that’s for looosssers too. Just listen to some of the empty headed chest beaters that show up around here.

Oh, now that gets me to the part that’s really confusing, if not enraging, how is it that they keep winning? What happened to the informed engaged citizenry that a democracy requires?

Those of us who survive thru the next election will see whether democracy, itself, has a chance of also surviving.

We’re going to survive. Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face without clean hands first- then wash your hands again if you sneeze or something gross.

But back to the pandemic. I don’t want to hear any more of the administration puppet happy talk lies about “thousands or millions of tests are in the mail, and on the way”.

Months of precious time in which testing COULD HAVE BEEN DONE are WASTED. Every day of happy talk about all the tests that “will be available” are more days WASTED. Testing is the most basic and necessary step in getting a handle on this thing. But for some reason, it seems it is beyond to abilities of this administration to get it going.

Every day of happy talk empty promises in which mass testing is not actually done, is another day of unknown disease vectors spreading out exponentially. A speedy reaction to this problem, and getting rid of bureaucratic obstacles has been essential. But that essential step has been a pure failure by this administration, and so far has been beyond the wherewithal of T rump and his rump kissers to do.

As far as the daily administration happy talk lies, we should not be further insulted by happy promises of what will be available. Because we CANNOT TRUST things said by our DOTUS or his T rump kissers. We can only trust what we can see that they actually do. So tell us when we have actually tested, say 1,000 more people and they have their results. That measly 1000 would be a big step up in the number of tests done in the USA. Just tell us when tests are actually done and returned to people. IOW, STOP THE BULLSHIT.

USA! USA! USA!

Maybe we can catch up at some point with the number of tests for COVID-19 that have been done in the great nation of Iran. (That’s right, frickin’ Iran has conducted more tests than the USA.) Maybe we can still make America almost as great as frickin’ Iran.

Sorry @timb but it all gets worse and it could end up being tragic because of the stupidity:

At least COVID-19 does not represent an existential crisis for humanity. It is more of a natural culling of the old and infirm (like me). It could have been less rather than more culling, if we had govt entities that could function properly, but with the current administration, we do not.

It is as if, they do not want to slow the pandemic down. Who knows? Maybe T rump doesn’t want to stop the disease. The more old people that die, the less money is needed for Social Security.

But in the case of the T rump supporters, as those pictured above, as a show of faith that the COVID-19 virus is nothing to be concerned about, I suggest that, at his next big campaign event, T rump liberally spray himself and his crowd with the COVID-19 virus.

The young black surgeon general is echoing the pretty and the minimizing talk about COVID-19. He says, (probably accurately) that the disease is mostly a concern for the elderly and otherwise infirm.

But he also says, and I quote, “If we had massive numbers of cases we would be seeing more deaths.

Why did he tell that LIE. And it is a LIE because HE DOESN"T HAVE THE DATA TO BACK THAT ASSERTION UP! Because only meager numbers of citizens have been tested! And our govt WILL STILL NOT TELL US HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TESTED. There may well have been deaths in February from COVID-19 that were attributed erroneously to the flu.

Jerome, the Surgeon General is also repeating the happy talk that 75,000 tests are available today, hundreds of thousands, even millions will be available tomorrow.

Don’t tell me what’s available!!! Tell me when a measly thousand more people are actually tested and get their results back. (That would actually be SOMETHING. Not near what it should be but at least something.)

“Available” apparently doesn’t mean shit, if the bureaucratic morass remains. If one must get local, approval, then state approval, then CDC approval, etc., to even get access to be tested, and any one of those says “no” then “available” does not mean shit. If the payment for the testing is not available (as is the case so often in our profitized health care system) then “available” doesn’t mean shit. If the person who wants testing is on death’s door, and the test takes days and days to get processed, then the tests being “available” doesn’t mean shit.

So why would a nice looking young black man (like Jerome Adams) be telling us crap that doesn’t mean shit?

Just tell us when adequate numbers of people are getting tested and have gotten their results back. Then show the data. IOW, STOP YOUR T RUMP BULLSHIT.

Sadly, for the time being we are screwed. We have to vote the whole lot of the dotard’s cronies and the dotard himself, out of office and even then, once we do that, we may have drag them out and lock them up to do it.