Conservative Mindset

I just don’t get it. So Trump gaffs and says a woman should be punished if she has an abortion. Uproar ensues. But much of it comes from Right Wingers. How is it that they can’t figure out that closing Planned Parenthood for example and forcing women to travel hundreds of miles, at great expense, to alternate healthcare establishments, forcing them into back alleys, etc. how is it that they can’t see THAT as punishment?

I just don't get it. So Trump gaffs and says a woman should be punished if she has an abortion. Uproar ensues. But much of it comes from Right Wingers. How is it that they can't figure out that closing Planned Parenthood for example and forcing women to travel hundreds of miles, at great expense, to alternate healthcare establishments, forcing them into back alleys, etc. how is it that they can't see THAT as punishment?
It's what happens when you put magical thinking in the drivers seat, which is what the Republican Party has become all about. It's completely divorced itself from reality in place of religious driven ideology. They completely ignore the past evidence of the negative impacts of policies they demand must be implemented in this insane belief in a perfect older time we must get back to. A time when as you say women were forced to have children they didn't want or have back alley abortions that often ended in tragedy. Or back a little further a time when women didn't even have the vote, blacks didn't have equal rights and so much more...or less. The good old days were only good if you were a certain color and part of a certain social class...

For example, Cruz lambasted Trump’s gaff? yet he has supporters, whose support he welcomes, who believe that it should be legal to kill people who perform abortions, (as they view it as defending the lives of the unborn). Their goal is for abortion to be illegal. The govt would then, seemingly, be in the precarious position of monitoring and policing every woman who ever gets pregnant, so as to insure the crime is not committed. Any miscarriage might be a potential crime scene.

What puzzles me is why isn't there a conservative nominee that can talk to mainstream?
Really? You may need to adjust your trim tabs on what you consider mainstream AMH. You may have to consider the idea of more than one stream, not just a Main stream and then smaller tributaries.
What puzzles me is why isn't there a conservative nominee that can talk to mainstream?
Really? You may need to adjust your trim tabs on what you consider mainstream AMH. You may have to consider the idea of more than one stream, not just a Main stream and then smaller tributaries. Just want to know which conservative nominee is talking to mainstream? None. There is no political mainstream for conservatives to find a voice in. There is a large segment of the Main Stream that conservatives can find a voice in. There is a large segment(more than 50% perhaps) of the mainstream that liberals can find a voice in. Interestingly the candidate that can bridge this stream and find supporters from the Cons and Libs may have the largest voice. Therefore creating the Mainstream.