Close By! :)

Hello Everyone,
My name is Brian C. Steinberg. I live in Amherst/Getzville, actually pretty close to the Center For Inquiry by UB North. I could probably see it if I go high on my roof! LOL!
I currently mostly teach cultural diversity and geography online. I am very interested in this organization and getting more involved. I call myself an agnostic Buddhist Scientist mostly. Not in that order or course…
More about me:

I am thinking about going to the conference in June.
Thanks,
BCS

Hello Everyone, My name is Brian C. Steinberg. I live in Amherst/Getzville, actually pretty close to the Center For Inquiry by UB North. I could probably see it if I go high on my roof! LOL! I currently mostly teach cultural diversity and geography online. I am very interested in this organization and getting more involved. I call myself an agnostic Buddhist Scientist mostly. Not in that order or course........... More about me: http://www.briancraigsteinberg.com http://www.theallygroup.net I am thinking about going to the conference in June. Thanks, BCS
Welcome. Do you believe a god exists? Lois

I guess one would have to define God? What is God? To me my God is nature and the energy that makes science work. Agnostics will never answer this question yes or no because there is no yes or no answer. People who say yes or no are not telling you the truth. The same people who ask if you found Jesus yet? I mean, I did not know I was supposed to be looking for him! LOL!

I guess one would have to define God? What is God? To me my God is nature and the energy that makes science work. Agnostics will never answer this question yes or no because there is no yes or no answer. People who say yes or no are not telling you the truth. The same people who ask if you found Jesus yet? I mean, I did not know I was supposed to be looking for him! LOL!
In fact anyone can answer the question. Either you believe there is a god (of any description--you get to choose) or you don't. It has nothing to do with knowledge. You make the mistake, as many do, of assuming that "agnostic" is a third choice between theism and atheism, it isn't. Theism and atheism are positions on belief. Agnosticism is a position on knowledge. You say "agnostics will never answer the question yes or no because there is no yes or no answer." In fact there is. Agnostics who have functioning brains should know whether they believe in a god (of any description) or not. You had described yourself as an agnostic Buddhist scientist. I wondered if, by describing yourself that way, you were bending over backward to avoid using the dreaded word "atheist". Atheists can be, and are, agnostics, Buddhists and scientists. Theists are also agnostics, whether they admit it or not. Lois

Everything is not as easy as yes or no and black or white. Once you truly educate yourself on research, you will understand…hopefully. It is only logical to know that one cant’ prove there is a God or not. God is only a theory.

The same people who ask if you found Jesus yet? I mean, I did not know I was supposed to be looking for him! LOL!
I would add that "I didn't know he was lost." Welcome to the forum.

Good Point! Most people who follow Jesus, are nothing like Jesus today.
To quote Gandhi:
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
I mean Jesus was much darker than he is in the pictures which shows white privilege. Also, he was a liberal hippie who may have been gay! :wink:

The same people who ask if you found Jesus yet? I mean, I did not know I was supposed to be looking for him! LOL!
I would add that "I didn't know he was lost." Welcome to the forum.
Everything is not as easy as yes or no and black or white. Once you truly educate yourself on research, you will understand................hopefully. It is only logical to know that one cant' prove there is a God or not. God is only a theory.
Yes, but that has nothing to do with belief. You can believe theories or disbelieve them. You can believe or disbelieve anything. The point is knowing whether you believe them or not. You don't have to have knowledge of existence to believe it's true or not. Lois

Stieny:
I live in Depew and attend many functions @ CFI in Amherst. There is a lecture this Fri. @ 7:00 The Coming of Cyborg assisted Life presented by Joe Carvallco; Secular Families Network - Coffee and Conversation Sunday May 10th @ 10:00am Potluck Dinner Weds May 15th 7:00pm; bring a dish to pass and a beverage.
Come on around a meet the local Friends.