Christian Mingle

What is it about these sites (companies) that’s so repulsive? Is it the implied bigotry? The use of God as a “celebrity” endorser? Or maybe they’re none of these, and just another modern equivalent of scumbags making money off the gullible. I think there’s a Jewish Mingle too.

What is it about these sites (companies) that's so repulsive? Is it the implied bigotry? The use of God as a "celebrity" endorser? Or maybe they're none of these, and just another modern equivalent of scumbags making money off the gullible. I think there's a Jewish Mingle too.
Leave them be. It's better that they stick to fools like themselves and don't contaminate the general population, isn't it? Lois
What is it about these sites (companies) that's so repulsive? Is it the implied bigotry? The use of God as a "celebrity" endorser? Or maybe they're none of these, and just another modern equivalent of scumbags making money off the gullible. I think there's a Jewish Mingle too.
Leave them be. It's better that they stick to fools like themselves and don't contaminate the general population, isn't it? LoisWell I don't know. Once they marry, then they reproduce, sometimes lots. But seriously, don't you find these repulsive? Here's a little conversation I'd like to see: Me: God, are all people, regardless of religion your children? GOD: Yep Me: And you love them all and want them to love each other? GOD: Roger that. Me: So you won't mind if I put up a website so that Christians can keep away non-Christians and eliminate intermarrying between religions? GOD: Homey say WHAT??

AFAIK it’s just a dating site for like minded people. No different then “gay mingle”, or “hipster mingle”.

Yeah, but why do they keep cluttering my e-mail box with their exhortations and promising me a good christian wife? :lol:
Occam

AFAIK it's just a dating site for like minded people. No different then "gay mingle", or "hipster mingle".
Except that hipsters and gays don't belong to a specific religion that claims to have a god that claims to consider us all her children.
Well I don't know. Once they marry, then they reproduce, sometimes lots. But seriously, don't you find these repulsive? Here's a little conversation I'd like to see:
I have to admit I find it offensive myself. Could you imagine if there was a "White Persons Mingle"? The idea that anyone is promoting the concept of people only associating or marrying others of their own kind is very offensive and frankly against the very ideals of this nation. Its not just internet dating sites though. I live in an area with a high concentration of both Jewish and Greek individuals and many of them are not the least bit embarrassed about admitting that they would disown or at the least be extremely disappointed if their offspring did not marry another Greek or Jew. Many even send their children to high schools and even colleges where they are likely to find others of their kind and actively forbid them from attending schools where they would be more likely to meet and possibly date a lot of people from other groups. Its not just the fact that they do this which I find shocking but the fact that they are so up front about it as though that is the way it ought to be and how could anyone possibly think otherwise. I guess these site show that the idea of sticking with your own is not restricted to one ethnic or religious group.
Well I don't know. Once they marry, then they reproduce, sometimes lots. But seriously, don't you find these repulsive? Here's a little conversation I'd like to see:
I have to admit I find it offensive myself. Could you imagine if there was a "White Persons Mingle"? The idea that anyone is promoting the concept of people only associating or marrying others of their own kind is very offensive and frankly against the very ideals of this nation. Its not just internet dating sites though. I live in an area with a high concentration of both Jewish and Greek individuals and many of them are not the least bit embarrassed about admitting that they would disown or at the least be extremely disappointed if their offspring did not marry another Greek or Jew. Many even send their children to high schools and even colleges where they are likely to find others of their kind and actively forbid them from attending schools where they would be more likely to meet and possibly date a lot of people from other groups. Its not just the fact that they do this which I find shocking but the fact that they are so up front about it as though that is the way it ought to be and how could anyone possibly think otherwise. I guess these site show that the idea of sticking with your own is not restricted to one ethnic or religious group. I think it's human nature and it's never going to change. People have a natural fear of "the other." It's a survival instinct and it carries over into modern times and modern thinking. It eventually becomes more subtle, but it doesn't disappear completely. Lois
I think it's human nature and it's never going to change. People have a natural fear of "the other." It's a survival instinct and it carries over into modern times and modern thinking. It eventually becomes more subtle, but it doesn't disappear completely. Lois
Maybe not but it may serve some good to make people feel uncomfortable with the idea. My wife has a partner who is Jewish and has voiced her opinion very vocally about having her kids go to Jewish colleges so they com home with a nice Jewish girl and expressed near horror when her daughter became interested in an Italian boy in her class. To her credit my wife challenged her and told her that her comments were offensive and asked her why she felt so strongly about the issue. She fell back on the old excuse of "It would be nicer if we all celebrated the same holidays". My wife answered that her family might benefit if her kids married non-jews so they wouldn't have to divide themselves among families on the holidays. The woman just laughed at the suggestion. Obviously the holiday issue was not her real reason for objecting to her kids dating non-jewish kids. I don't know that the woman changed her outlook but I think the conversation still served a purpose. No one should ever be allowed to feel comfortable in their bigotry.

The Bible says do not be yoked to the unbeliever hence there’s a biblical justification for looking for another believer as a mate.
Also man is to be husband to one wife and even the great wise man Solomon totally messed that one up with around a thousand. However he did write that it was all vanity and vexation which I must believe not because it’s in the Bible necessarily but that, barring the obvious benefit/enjoyments, one wife/girlfriend or boyfriend/husband is enough to drive one to the same conclusion. :slight_smile:
I see nothing wrong with types wanting other types. But the control freaks will say it’s racist or w/e. By that logic only interracial or inter-gender marriages would be allowed.
To each there own in this area make the best sense.

I see nothing wrong with types wanting other types. But the control freaks will say it's racist or w/e. By that logic only interracial or inter-gender marriages would be allowed. To each there own in this area make the best sense.
That's not correct. No one is saying you have to marry someone who is from a different race, religion, or ethnicity. What I have a problem with and what is clearly bigotry is to promote an attitude that one should only associate with or marry someone who is one of your own. It seems you have things backwards. The control freaks are the ones who support the restriction of marriage to same race, religion, or ethnicity. Obviously on an individual level you choose the person who you fall in love with and if that person happens to share your religion or customs that's fine. Parents and groups that coerce or imply that others should avoid anyone who doesn't share their race, religion or ethnicity when choosing a mate are clearly promoting bigotry. Bigotry: Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance

Atheist Mingle] :cheese:

Atheist Mingle] :cheese:
Wiccan Mingle] :coolsmile: Seems there is a mingle for every special interest. Even geeks. Geek2Geek] How dare nerds want to marry other nerds! They should get out and mix with some Redneck Singles]!

When I see that TV Ad I always have a little tongue in cheek grin to myself.
Excuse my coarseness, but I always figure that is probably a real “meat market” of a dating site…
And I bet I’m right!
(disclaimer-which ones aren’t?)

I see nothing wrong with types wanting other types. But the control freaks will say it's racist or w/e. By that logic only interracial or inter-gender marriages would be allowed. To each there own in this area make the best sense.
That's not correct. No one is saying you have to marry someone who is from a different race, religion bigots! , or ethnicity. What I have a problem with and what is clearly bigotry is to promote an attitude that one should only associate with or marry someone who is one of your own. It seems you have things backwards. The control freaks are the ones who support the restriction of marriage to same race, religion, or ethnicity. Obviously on an individual level you choose the person who you fall in love with and if that person happens to share your religion or customs that's fine. Parents and groups that coerce or imply that others should avoid anyone who doesn't share their race, religion or ethnicity when choosing a mate are clearly promoting bigotry. Bigotry: Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance Do you feel the same way about a person, an individual, who would like to meet people of a particular race or religion because he or she feels most comfortable with members of that race or religion and whose family is not bigoted or pushing him or her to accept or reject anyone based on race or religion? Should such a person force himself to date people outside his religious or racial preference so that other people don't call him a bigot? How about gay people? Should they force themselves to date heterosexuals lest they be called bigots? Should they avoid gay hangouts and seek out straight ones? Or even heterosexuals. Should they force themselves to date gays lest they be called bigots? Should they go to known gay hangouts and avoid straight ones? Lois
Do you feel the same way about a person, an individual, who would like to meet people of a particular race or religion because he or she feels most comfortable with members of that race or religion and whose family is not bigoted or pushing him or accept or reject anyone based on race or religion? Should such a person force himself to date people outside his religious or racial preference so that other people don't call him a bigot? Lois
Thanks Lois. That is the point George and I were trying to make. Glad to see we're on the same wavelength.
Could you imagine if there was a "White Persons Mingle"?
Well, that's what "hipster mingle" is! :lol: Seriously though, "Redneck mingle", "Wiccan mingle", and "Atheist mingle", are going to be vastly white, of course.
That's not correct. No one is saying you have to marry someone who is from a different race, religion bigots! , or ethnicity. What I have a problem with and what is clearly bigotry is to promote an attitude that one should only associate with or marry someone who is one of your own. It seems you have things backwards. The control freaks are the ones who support the restriction of marriage to same race, religion, or ethnicity. Obviously on an individual level you choose the person who you fall in love with and if that person happens to share your religion or customs that's fine. Parents and groups that coerce or imply that others should avoid anyone who doesn't share their race, religion or ethnicity when choosing a mate are clearly promoting bigotry. Bigotry: Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance Do you feel the same way about a person, an individual, who would like to meet people of a particular race or religion because he or she feels most comfortable with members of that race or religion and whose family is not bigoted or pushing him or her to accept or reject anyone based on race or religion? Should such a person force himself to date people outside his religious or racial preference so that other people don't call him a bigot? How about gay people? Should they force themselves to date heterosexuals lest they be called bigots? Should they avoid gay hangouts and seek out straight ones? Or even heterosexuals. Should they force themselves to date gays lest they be called bigots? Should they go to known gay hangouts and avoid straight ones? Lois No Lois you're not paying attention to what I wrote in my post. Each individual will make their own choice based on all sorts of inborn preferences and even prejudices. What I object to and what the OP is alluding to is groups or individuals publicly endorsing the idea that others should make choices by first selecting only among individuals that share their religion, race, or ethnicity. Again, if someone is only attracted to white women and only dates them that is their personal choice but if they publicly promote the notion that white men should only date white women I think most people would find that offensive and it would clearly be bigotry.