Can a crazy president be removed from office?

The answer isn’t pretty, but it’s probably accurate. We’re doomed. From the Straight Dope.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3338/can-a-crazy-president-be-removed-from-office?utm_campaign=1781882_The Straight Dope: 04/28/2017&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ChicagoReader&dm_i=2JCR,126WQ,2ZPVSG,35QUX,1
Can a crazy president be removed from office?

The answer isn't pretty, but it's probably accurate. We're doomed. From the Straight Dope. http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3338/can-a-crazy-president-be-removed-from-office?utm_campaign=1781882_The Straight Dope: 04/28/2017&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ChicagoReader&dm_i=2JCR,126WQ,2ZPVSG,35QUX,1 Can a crazy president be removed from office?
Any President can be removed from office if impeached and found guilty. I doubt any President would found guilty simply because some say he or she is "crazy" no matter how we define that word. They certainly could be found guilty because of what they did or did not do weather sane or crazy.

I think he’ll be impeached, by Republicans, as soon as he stops being a useful idiot in their eyes. And honestly, given some of his recent statements about how he’s losing privacy, and how hard the job is, I wouldn’t doubt if he impeaches himself.

Impeachment is always a possibility, but it will never happen with a Republican-dominated Congress. They will never accept that he isn’t useful to themselves, and that’s all that counts. Impeachment is only the first step. He would have to be found guilty of something outlined in the Constitution. I can’t see that happening. .i fear he will remain a garrotte around the neck of the United States until his term runs out–if he doesn’t start a nuclear war first.

I think he'll be impeached, by Republicans, as soon as he stops being a useful idiot in their eyes. And honestly, given some of his recent statements about how he's losing privacy, and how hard the job is, I wouldn't doubt if he impeaches himself.
For what it's worth about two days after he was elected a friend of mine said, I'll give him six months but weather because or friends or foes he will leave office. I don't know true that prediction is but I would not be shocked if it proves correct.

Good thing there no crazy presidents around. :slight_smile:

If someone wants to be president isn’t that proof that they are crazy?

Here’s a serious nuanced discussion worth your listen if the topic interests you:

Trump's Fitness To Serve Is 'Officially Part Of The Discussion In Congress' May 4, 2017. - Fresh Air POLITICS Sensing Chaos, Russia Takes A 'Wait-And-See' Approach To Trump New Yorker writer Evan Osnos discusses the likelihood that impeachment or the 25th Amendment will be used to remove Donald Trump from office. http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526857048/trump-s-fitness-to-serve-is-officially-part-of-the-discussion-in-congress
I think he'll be impeached, by Republicans, as soon as he stops being a useful idiot in their eyes. And honestly, given some of his recent statements about how he's losing privacy, and how hard the job is, I wouldn't doubt if he impeaches himself.
Republicans will never think he isn't useful to them as long as he is President. They know how powerful that position is and they won't take a chance on his successor being as useful. It's too much of a risk. Even a toad who is president is useful to them. Trump and his lackeys have proven this over and over again. Don't look to Republicans to fix anything. Lois

True enough Lois, now the question is how will Americans vote in two years.
Should the Democrats by some miracle get their shit together and make a good showing, then it’s new ball game.
Until then, it’ll just get uglier and uglier.
Back to Osnos’s reporting.
His New Yorker story is even more interesting…

THE POLITICAL SCENE MAY 8, 2017 ISSUE HOW TRUMP COULD GET FIRED The Constitution offers two main paths for removing a President from office. How feasible are they? By Evan Osnos http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/08/how-trump-could-get-fired ... I asked Jerry Taylor, the president of the Niskanen Center, a libertarian think tank, if he had ever seen so much skepticism so early in a Presidency. “No, nobody has," he said. “But we’ve never lived in a Third World banana republic. I don’t mean that gratuitously. I mean the reality is he is governing as if he is the President of a Third World country: power is held by family and incompetent loyalists whose main calling card is the fact that Donald Trump can trust them, not whether they have any expertise." Very few Republicans in Congress have openly challenged Trump, but Taylor cautioned against interpreting that as committed support. “My guess is that there’s only between fifty and a hundred Republican members of the House that are truly enthusiastic about Donald Trump as President," he said. “The balance sees him as somewhere between a deep and dangerous embarrassment and a threat to the Constitution." The Administration’s defiance of conventional standards of probity makes it acutely vulnerable to ethical scandal. The White House recently stopped releasing visitors’ logs, limiting the public’s ability to know who is meeting with the President and his staff. Trump has also issued secret waivers to ethics rules, so that political appointees can alter regulations that they previously lobbied to dismantle. ...