Boy Scouts of America

@Bob: This is the same sort of liberal BS that says these criminals are not really bad people and the reason they did bad things is because we as society failed them and we should understand them, protect them, pet and comfort them and be ashamed of ourselves for not being politically correct towards them.
It's not liberal bs; it's “new ideas” on queer theory dispensed by Professor Gregory Herek, a famous academic who is a homosexual. I didn't read that stuff Lausten (offered to Tim and me) posted by him in #322598. Your reaction confirms my presumption that gay creed would not be helpful in an objective discussion.

Ok, for those who can’t handle the subtleties of understanding what is going on psychologically with pedophiles, let’s just speak in old timey terms.

You got your queers (adult guys who like consensual sex with other adult guys). Then you got your pedos (adult, mostly guys, who enjoy sex with children (which is itself intrinsically non-consensual). What you have seemed to have concluded is that these two groups are the same, or at least, significantly overlapped.

That seems to me to be an extraordinarily biased, and afaik, unsubstantiated assertion.

let’s just speak in old timey terms.
Mama says homo is as homo does.

Are we talkin’ about your mama, now?

Are we talkin’ about your mama, now?
Careful, Lausten and Mriana might see this as ad hominem.
This is the same sort of liberal BS that says these criminals are not really bad people and the reason they did bad things is because we as society failed them and we should understand them, protect them, pet and comfort them and be ashamed of ourselves for not being politically correct towards them.
Bob, you might want to join us the 21st century. Look around, sex offenders are the lowest of the low, even in prison, the other criminals treat them like scum. We have special "programs" for them, that are basically prisons, but we call them "civil commitment" so we can keep them locked up beyond the end of their legal sentence. The reason we want to understand why they did what they did is to prevent them and others from doing it in the future. Most sex offenders were abused as children, so preventing adult sex offenders requires doing exactly what you just advocated, preventing abuse of children. It's most often not "some pervert", it's some friendly uncle. By not recognizing that, yes, we fail as a society, we fail to protect our children.

And Tim responded to your joke with a joke. I don’t have a problem with that.