Blue in a Red State

Stuck in Alabama with the West Coast blues. New England would not be bad either.

Welcome, Blue. You have my condolences. I hope connecting with the members of this forum can help a bit.
Occam

Stuck in Alabama with the West Coast blues. New England would not be bad either.
Get out as soon as possible. It's your only hope. Lois

Welcome Blue_Sky. Lois may be right.

Welcome, Blue. You have my condolences. I hope connecting with the members of this forum can help a bit. Occam
Thanks. Glad to be here.
Get out as soon as possible. It's your only hope. Lois Lois I wish I had done that when I got out of college. Have too much here now to move.
Welcome Blue_Sky. Lois may be right.
Thanks, I agree!
Get out as soon as possible. It's your only hope. Lois Lois I wish I had done that when I got out of college. Have too much here now to move. Where ther's a will, there's a way. If you are talking aboutt children, they will be better served if you were to bust them out of Alabama before it's too late. Anyway, welcome to CFI. It should help. Lois

While you may lose some seniority, I’m sure there are equivalent jobs in Calif., even if you have to sell property, you can certainly find similar ones in Calif. You may lose a bit temporarily, but it would probably be worth it.
Oh, the other scenario: You’ve married an Alabama girl, and she doesn’t want to leave her family. Let her family know you are antheist so they excommunicate you and your wife, then you can leave. :slight_smile:
Occam

While you may lose some seniority, I'm sure there are equivalent jobs in Calif., even if you have to sell property, you can certainly find similar ones in Calif. You may lose a bit temporarily, but it would probably be worth it. Oh, the other scenario: You've married an Alabama girl, and she doesn't want to leave her family. Let her family know you are antheist so they excommunicate you and your wife, then you can leave. :) Occam
In-laws aren't thumpers either. They live in a state near by that is slightly more progressive. Thanks everyone!!

I’ll be honest I just got tired of looking at the spying things up there.
Time to change it up and this seemed like a pretty good title.

But OK, may as well say this about that
shame to see so many potentially fascinating folks drop in and disappear again.
So why are there so few folks actually into participating with
some random semi-serious multi-faceted discussion forum ?

I'll be honest I just got tired of looking at the spying things up there. Time to change it up and this seemed like a pretty good title. But OK, may as well say this about that shame to see so many potentially fascinating folks drop in and disappear again. So why are there so few folks actually into participating with some random semi-serious multi-faceted discussion forum ?
Agree. Multitude of reasons I guess. Time gets tight.
I'll be honest I just got tired of looking at the spying things up there. Time to change it up and this seemed like a pretty good title. But OK, may as well say this about that shame to see so many potentially fascinating folks drop in and disappear again. So why are there so few folks actually into participating with some random semi-serious multi-faceted discussion forum ?
Agree. Multitude of reasons I guess. Time gets tight. Welcome. I can relate to being blue in a red state, i.e., Texas, in my case. (I used to be so proud of being a Texan. Times change.)