Bigoted Christian extremist School Board Member is set straight by mom

Colorado school board member Jamilynn D’Avola told a child Jesus justified her bigoted views. Parent Lacy Carroll fought back.

Below is what D’Avola is accused of telling the student:

God cares very deeply about every person and wants them to know who they are in Him… All people are created equal and no one can take that away from them because it was given to them by God.

When someone fully understands who they are in Christ, then they will know they are valued and will be able to overcome depression and thoughts of suicide. They will know that there are only two genders and that there is absolute truth that comes from the Word of God.

There is great freedom that comes from knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father expect (sic) through Him. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free, but with this freedom comes great responsibility.

We are not free to do whatever we feel like, we must uphold the values and truth of the Bible. I know that you may not agree with me, and that is ok. I will still see you as the Lord sees you, as a child of the most high God who is loved and valued above all. You are unique, and God has given you special gifts and talents.

I pray that God would reveal Himself to you so that you too can experience the love of the Father.

Thank you again for being willing to reach out to me to voice your concerns. You sound like a really neat kid and hopefully I can meet you someday. If you and your parents would like to meet with me and another board member please let me know and we can set this up.

District 49 board member Jamilynn D’Avola

MeidasTouch

Colorado school board member Jamilynn D’Avola told a child Jesus justified her bigoted views. Parent Lacy Carroll fought back.

Congratulations to Lacy Carroll for standing up and calling out D’Avola’s unAmerican absolutist attitude.

I was going to start a new thread on this, but I think it’s fair to say this article fits here. Turns out that Right Wing Xian extremists are more violent than the stereotype atheist.

Scary stuff. Petty people, with their nasty ugly little god: Hatred for Others.

Very much so. Yet the police are more afraid of a Black man than they are a Fundamngelical street corner preacher.

And this is what I’m talking about on the Philosophy thread about how to decide how to act. The bigot in this case truly believes what she’s saying and believes she’s being a moral person. And the “other” Christian let’s say (or any of us here), believes the exact opposite, that say knowing Jesus completely, allows one to see that bigotry is hateful and bad.

Two people holding opposite views, who act on those views. How do you know which is right, not knowing the consequences of one’s actions (i.e. the future)?