Ben Rhodes discusses White House dysfunction

I’ll admit, I complain and at times make unfair over-generalities. Nuances are for more serious discussions, or something like that. Having said that I just listened to this interview with Ben Rhodes and I’m very impressed with his summary. Great example of the great minds that are still out there - but when it comes to the general public, the mob, that’s another story, and another discussion.

MSNBC - Aired on 11/07/19. Ben Rhodes, former deputy national security adviser, talks with Rachel Maddow about the alarming depictions by a purported "senior official in the Trump administration" of chaos and presidential recklessness on matters of life and death and decisions that have real world consequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QYPZTwCwIA

foreignpolicy doe com sure has a hard-on against the guy. But then reading the articles, which would make case studies in biased self-deception in action, so not sure it means much.

"A stunning profile of Ben Rhodes, the asshole who is the president’s foreign policy guru."

“Ben Rhodes Led From Behind in Life”*

*the perspective and tunnel vision is astounding - and this trash is the best that Teabagger Trumpters, Koch brains can come up with.

I don’t pretend to know anything about Rhodes, except the few things I’ve read and heard, to me he sound thoughtful and with a sober humanistic perceptive,

https://www.theatlantic.com

What Happened to Aung San Suu Kyi?
A human-rights icon’s fall from grace in Myanmar

BEN RHODES
SEPTEMBER 2019 ISSUE

A Fatal Abandonment of American Leadership
The disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi drives home the consequences of the Trump administration’s refusal to champion democratic values around the globe.

BEN RHODES
OCTOBER 12, 2018

Inside the White House During the Syrian ‘Red Line’ Crisis
We in the Obama administration stepped up to the brink of military action against Assad. And then, suddenly, we stepped back.

BEN RHODES
JUNE 3, 2018

Trump’s Cuba Policy Will Fail
The architect of Obama’s Cuba opening argues that the president’s rollback is a pointless mistake.

BEN RHODES
JUNE 16, 2017
Yeah, guess he is sort of a humanist, that’ll put one on the current Right Wing hit list.

T rump has reversed, undermined, or otherwise demolished all of the progress begun by Obama, seemingly just because they were by Obama. Reversing the outreach to Cuba is just one of the many.

I think that book “A Warning” is going to go to the top of the bestsellers list when it comes out in a couple of weeks. I also imagine that the identity of the author cannot remain anonymous too much longer. I mean who will do the book tour? Although it would be cool if he wore women’s clothes, a voice modulator, and a paper bag over his head, and did public events that way, so as to remain anonymous.

I’m guessing it is someone who is not still in the administration.

T rump has reversed, undermined, or otherwise demolished all of the progress begun by Obama, seemingly just because they were by Obama.
No surprise there. He has depended on discrediting and marginalizing Obama from the gitgo and so so many went along, hell many supported the slanders and kept them front page news. That they were absolute lies, mattered not one wit to Republicans.

And somehow Democrat will can’t make that abandonment of American principles of fairness, honesty and a sense of FairPlay a central issue. Probably because … Nope American wants a TV conman, the boss with all the answers and no responsibilities.

one more time, ancient but still valid http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2008/08/historic-snafu-in-need-of-revisiting.html

And Obama the fool in his own right, was so full of himself that he totally lost historical perspective and never seemed to appreciation the forces out to destroy his legacy. He allowed it to happen with his inattentiveness, distracted by his own class and charm, big man on the American campus, he lost the ball and failed disastrously in the long run. Then allowing that Clinton fiasco to go down - what a coward then and now. Given Obama’s low low low cool profile, he’s doing nothing but hiding best he can. It’s disgraceful. Oh, but i digress.

The entire Birth Certificate bullshit waste of time on steroids - all malicious deception and most Americas just go along, slander is all so acceptable.

Now we have allowed corporations to become more powerful than governments and nations, these corporations are run by uber rich sociopaths who’s avarice has totally disconnected them for our planet’s physical realities. These people are absolutely self-certain in their Masters of the Universe status, and we have allowed their greed to destroy this planet’s future. Such silly people we are.

Now we are in the early stages of these oligarchs making governments obsolete. Trump is their perfect fool, the man who has no conception of all he is destroying, and couldn’t care less in any event, destroy and vandalizing America’s government is what he came there to do and we know, but didn’t care.

Oh back to the political game and the early days of brainwashing - and some serious historical background.
https://www.merchantsofdoubt.org

The U.S. scientific community has long led the world in research on public health, environmental science, and other issues affecting the quality of life. Our scientists have produced landmark studies on the dangers of DDT, tobacco smoke, acid rain, and global warming. But at the same time, a small yet potent subset of this community leads the world in vehement denial of these dangers.

In their new book, Merchants of Doubt, historians Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway explain how a loose–knit group of high-level scientists, with extensive political connections, ran effective campaigns to mislead the public and deny well-established scientific knowledge over four decades. In seven compelling chapters addressing tobacco, acid rain, the ozone hole, global warming, and DDT, Oreskes and Conway roll back the rug on this dark corner of the American scientific community, showing how the ideology of free market fundamentalism, aided by a too-compliant media, has skewed public understanding of some of the most pressing issues of our era.

They perfected this crap through … well you can find the historical documentation regarding this “game” right here.

Oh, but how i digress. now I’m outta time, see ya