Atheist Tattoos

I’ve been debating getting a tattoo (I have none). I think I’d either like some kind of Atheist Tattoo such as:
http://api.ning.com/files/zrUKw6TC8hfDo*CMC0jlZ2VI08wXtRuxZe5RYD97LNbrpZgPJmMm-b5Qn1XWmfZnJz*xnN5-L8*6eCH20pbCrBrUlbFiS6re/670pxAtheism_symbol.svg.jpg
Or maybe a Hitchhiker’s Guide tattoo. Ha!
I just wanted to see if any of you guys and gals had any tattoos along these line you have or have seen that may inspire me.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t know, but what if you one day end up in the foxhole (or what if the theists take over the world) and want it removed? It may be cheaper to do the Darwin fish and just get rid of the feet…

Getting an explicitly atheist tattoo would look douchebag-like, IMO.
For instance, I’ve seen a photo of a guy with Robert Ingersoll’s speech tattooed on his back. :shut: Don’t do that.

Getting an explicitly atheist tattoo would look douchebag-like, IMO. For instance, I've seen a photo of a guy with Robert Ingersoll's speech tattooed on his back. :shut: Don't do that.
Why? Do you feel the same way about people who have crucifix tattoos?

I find the single word glyphs in Asian languages to be quite humorous. :lol:
“It means death.”
“Okay… Why not cookie? Or even sex? Why death?” (Or honor or blah, blah, blah…)
Probably don’t need to worry, how many folks would know that’s an atheist symbol?
Take care,
Derek

Getting an explicitly atheist tattoo would look douchebag-like, IMO. For instance, I've seen a photo of a guy with Robert Ingersoll's speech tattooed on his back. :shut: Don't do that.
Why? Do you feel the same way about people who have crucifix tattoos?Not that you were asking me... :) They (crucifix tattoos) don't bother me. But it helps me decide who to ask about their tattoo and who to avoid. ;) Take care, Derek
Why? Do you feel the same way about people who have crucifix tattoos?Strongly. Tattoos of that sort seem to be a tacky cry for attention, IMO.
Why? Do you feel the same way about people who have crucifix tattoos?Strongly. Tattoos of that sort seem to be a tacky cry for attention, IMO. OK. Your consistant at least when it comes to tattoos that reference theist beliefs or lack of them, but it seems to me that all tattoos that are publicly visible are a form of "Hey look at me" cry for attention. Snakes, skulls, butterflies and girlfriends names don't exactly say I'm a classy guy hoping to fade into the background.
Why? Do you feel the same way about people who have crucifix tattoos?Strongly. Tattoos of that sort seem to be a tacky cry for attention, IMO. OK. Your consistant at least when it comes to tattoos that reference theist beliefs or lack of them, but it seems to me that all tattoos that are publicly visible are a form of "Hey look at me" cry for attention. Snakes, skulls, butterflies and girlfriends names don't exactly say I'm a classy guy hoping to fade into the background.Yeah, tattoos are definitely a way of showing off; some people do look good with them, but they have to fit the personality of the individual - and simply look good. BTW, being classy and fading into the background don't go hand in hand.

I like tattoos…on other people. Saves me time figuring out if I’ll find them interesting.

I like tattoos…on other people. Saves me time figuring out if I’ll find them interesting.
It also saves the pain and expense. These more elaborate tattoos cost upwards of $100.00 to start. One of our subs has a (and I kid you not) tattoo of Wrigley Field complete with scoreboard on his upper torso. He's a rabid cubs fan and the artist charged him $600.00. It took three sessions to complete. That's going too far in my book. I thought about it once, but couldn't think of one I wanted to live with the rest of my life. Plus I hate hate hate needles. Cap't Jack

Gee, my three tattoos didn’t cost anything. I have three very nice tiny black dots, one above each hip and one at the base of my spine, so they could position the x-ray unit for radiation therapy. I’ve always been happy to say that I am not a tattoo virgin. :lol:
Occam

I don’t do tattoos (And I’m a Navyman!) but if you like it, go for it!
Ain’t freedom wonderful?

I've been debating getting a tattoo (I have none). I think I'd either like some kind of Atheist Tattoo such as: http://api.ning.com/files/zrUKw6TC8hfDo*CMC0jlZ2VI08wXtRuxZe5RYD97LNbrpZgPJmMm-b5Qn1XWmfZnJz*xnN5-L8*6eCH20pbCrBrUlbFiS6re/670pxAtheism_symbol.svg.jpg Or maybe a Hitchhiker's Guide tattoo. Ha! I just wanted to see if any of you guys and gals had any tattoos along these line you have or have seen that may inspire me. Thanks! :)
Tattoos make people look stupid. Most atheists are too intelligent to get tattoos. LL
Tattoos make people look stupid. Most atheists are too intelligent to get tattoos.
You're kidding, right? I've seen tattoos that would impress Renaissance artists. Some have incredible detail and adorn the skins of very intelligent people. being an atheist has nothing to do with body art any more than wearing earrings or a bracelet. And yes, they can be removed, painfully but permanently removed. Cap't Jack

What about this as a tattoo?

Cap’t Jack

Who needs a tattoo when you can get henna? I got one last year and it was a lot of fun: I felt really cool for about a week. :coolsmirk: But then it started to peel off and looked like a big melanoma lesion for another week.

I’ve seen some pretty convincing henna tattoos too. Was yours a particular design or generic George? It’s hard to tell from the picture.
Cap’t Jack

No, nothing specific. Just some abstract thing. My kids got them, too. We felt like a gangsta bunch.

No, nothing specific. Just some abstract thing. My kids got them, too. We felt like a gangsta bunch.
Where's ya crib? South side Toronto? :coolsmirk: Cap't Jack