Article gives good view of Catholic Church never getting out of the Dark Ages

Worth reading for a look at how primitive the Catholic Church still is.
It’s still in the Dark ages, in case you needed reminding, and in case you thought the Church had become “modernized” and somewhat rational. IMO, it never actually advanced beyond the 14th Century, despite what you’ve heard about the Renaissance.

Lois

Why all the fuss? The solution is verrrry simple, cremate his remains and ship his ashes to whomever wishes to venerate him and be done with it. Peoria gets a pile, so does the Big Apple and the Vatican can get a jar for Pope Frank to pray over and, voila! Instant Sainthood. I remember watching him on TV in the 50’s (black and white of course) and he seemed like a nice guy; kind of a Catholic Captain Kangaroo, soft spoken and sincere, but no bunny rabbit as a side kick. Well, best of luck to him anyway. Guess he’s got his two post mortum miracles and now on to sainthood. Wonder who got his shoes? They could build a shrine and heel (pun intended) people.
Cap’t Jack

Why all the fuss? The solution is verrrry simple, cremate his remains and ship his ashes to whomever wishes to venerate him and be done with it. Peoria gets a pile, so does the Big Apple and the Vatican can get a jar for Pope Frank to pray over and, voila! Instant Sainthood. I remember watching him on TV in the 50's (black and white of course) and he seemed like a nice guy; kind of a Catholic Captain Kangaroo, soft spoken and sincere, but no bunny rabbit as a side kick. Well, best of luck to him anyway. Guess he's got his two post mortum miracles and now on to sainthood. Wonder who got his shoes? They could build a shrine and heel (pun intended) people. Cap't Jack
I'm afraid they insist on intact bones. You are trying to be rational, but that won't work for the Catholic Church. Dey gotta have dem bones. Lois