Christianity reformed itself

Obama’s Prayer Breakfast remarks]
These thoughts won’t be new to the old timers here, but this Prayer Breakfast thing has been bugging me. Especially when the theology/history guy on Meet the Press said, “Christianity reformed itself”, and nobody asked, really?
I have only heard very vague explanations of how they did that. Or Sarah Palin type explanations where deists are Christians and they worked tirelessly to end slavery and never mind all the Biblical arguments for slavery or monarchy or whatever.
So the blog includes a challenge for anyone to explain how they did that. Feel free to pass it on to anyone you like.

This breakfast came about around the time the pledge of allegiance was changed by the insertion of “under God.” It is in substance if not in style an opportunity for the rich and powerful to schmooze and make connections and deals while engaging in some holy posturing.
If Christianity reformed itself, it took it one hell of a long time to do so. The Spanish Inquisition was ended in the 1834, about 1800 years after Christ is said to have died. The Thirty Years War between Catholic and Protestant states in Europe took place during the 17th Century. The Enlightenment, which finally resulted in the end of clerical and religious domination in the West took place in the 18th century.
Muhammad died in the 7th Century. If Islam takes as long to reform itself as it is Christianity did, it will start doing so in about 300-400 years.

“Christianity reformed itself
Does the Catholic Church no longer protecting pedophile priests (while condemning homosexuals) because of lawsuits count as “reforming itself"?
“Christianity reformed itself
Does the Catholic Church no longer protecting pedophile priests (while condemning homosexuals) because of lawsuits count as “reforming itself"?
That's what they claim. But I suspect they are still protecting pedophile priests whenever they think they can get away with it. Lois