Are lifeforms just biological machines (is there evidence of this)

Ok, I live near the ocean, 5 minutes away, this will be important later. I went camping, drove a thousand miles to a national park in a mountain range. I camped at the base of the mountains near a meadow, then after the third day drove over the range into the next state. The time was early November, the meadow area was wonderful, but a storm several days before had left the mountaintop snow and ice bound. Now I came to a sign saying that the highest point in the mountain range was ahead, shortly after seeing this sign my truck lost power, I thought that I had a serious problem for a second, then had to hit the gas harder to get moving, I quickly understood that the Oxygen level in the air was decreased and the engine was having a corresponding loss of performance as Oxygen supports combustion. Now when I got near the top I had to take a walk, after being cooped up in the truck for hours, I walked down the side of the rest area following some fresh deer tracks in the new snow, then caught a serious chill and ran back to my vehicle, only 20 to 30 yards in total. As I sat down I was now seriously hyperventilating, to the point of being scared, why? Well of course, because my body was suffering a lack of performance due to the lesser amount of oxygen in he air. So how is it that a human and a vehicle suffer a lack of power for the same reasons at the same place, due to a lesser amount of an available element? Food for thought, or a Newtonian moment.

Ok, I live near the ocean, 5 minutes away, this will be important later. I went camping, drove a thousand miles to a national park in a mountain range. I camped at the base of the mountains near a meadow, then after the third day drove over the range into the next state. The time was early November, the meadow area was wonderful, but a storm several days before had left the mountaintop snow and ice bound. Now I came to a sign saying that the highest point in the mountain range was ahead, shortly after seeing this sign my truck lost power, I thought that I had a serious problem for a second, then had to hit the gas harder to get moving, I quickly understood that the Oxygen level in the air was decreased and the engine was having a corresponding loss of performance as Oxygen supports combustion. Now when I got near the top I had to take a walk, after being cooped up in the truck for hours, I walked down the side of the rest area following some fresh deer tracks in the new snow, then caught a serious chill and ran back to my vehicle, only 20 to 30 yards in total. As I sat down I was now seriously hyperventilating, to the point of being scared, why? Well of course, because my body was suffering a lack of performance due to the lesser amount of oxygen in he air. So how is it that a human and a vehicle suffer a lack of power for the same reasons at the same place, due to a lesser amount of an available element? Food for thought, or a Newtonian moment.
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois

The term “machine” is too broadly used in this question to have it be valuable as a place to start a discussion.

Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old?
The term "machine" is too broadly used in this question to have it be valuable as a place to start a discussion.
In other words you do not wish to be compared to a machine, and end discussion rather than admit the evolution while very real and important, is a highly intelligent and engineered thing. PS. Try to read and comprehend this without the same electricity between your brains neurons, that your computer CPU is using to display the product of my brains neural activity.
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois
The term "machine" is too broadly used in this question to have it be valuable as a place to start a discussion.
In other words you do not wish to be compared to a machine, and end discussion rather than admit the evolution while very real and important, is a highly intelligent and engineered thing. PS. Try to read and comprehend this without the same electricity between your brains neurons, that your computer CPU is using to display the product of my brains neural activity. I would be glad to compare myself to a machine. But there's more to me than something that you put fuel in and consumes oxygen, which is all you've brought to the discussion so far.
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......!
In other words you do not wish to be compared to a machine, and end discussion rather than admit the evolution while very real and important, is a highly intelligent and engineered thing. PS. Try to read and comprehend this without the same electricity between your brains neurons, that your computer CPU is using to display the product of my brains neural activity. I would be glad to compare myself to a machine. But there's more to me than something that you put fuel in and consumes oxygen, which is all you've brought to the discussion so far. You are the product of your parents DNA union, without continued fuel for chemical reactions you cease to exist and your machine will stop, (ask a medical doctor that you trust), like a car without gas/fuel for a chemical reaction. If there is an interference or absence of electrical neural activity in your CPU/brain you will flat line and cease to be productive (again ask a doctor that you trust if I am wrong), just as your computer will without it's electrical connection. Nothing here is really arguable, though you may add something in order to create an argument, if that is your choice.
You are the product of your parents DNA union, without continued fuel for chemical reactions you cease to exist and your machine will stop, (ask a medical doctor that you trust), like a car without gas/fuel for a chemical reaction. If there is an interference or absence of electrical neural activity in your CPU/brain you will flat line and cease to be productive (again ask a doctor that you trust if I am wrong), just as your computer will without it's electrical connection. Nothing here is really arguable, though you may add something in order to create an argument, if that is your choice.
No, don't want to argue. Rather just say, yeah, so?
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......! You don't have to own an iPad--or a jet plane--to understand the intelligence that went into creating it. What makes you think you do? LL
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......! You don't have to own an iPad--or a jet plane--to understand the intelligence that went into creating it. What makes you think you do? LL https://www.google.com/#q=aapl
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......! You don't have to own an iPad--or a jet plane--to understand the intelligence that went into creating it. What makes you think you do? LL https://www.google.com/#q=aapl You don't have to own stock in the company, either. It has no effect on knowledge. Lois
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......! You don't have to own an iPad--or a jet plane--to understand the intelligence that went into creating it. What makes you think you do? LL https://www.google.com/#q=aapl You don't have to own stock in the company, either. It has no effect on knowledge. Lois Tell Warren Buffet or Bill gates. Bill by the way believes in intelligent design, as he has described the DNA code as resembling an advanced computer code, that has four characters instead of the two we use today. But hey, what does he know
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......! You don't have to own an iPad--or a jet plane--to understand the intelligence that went into creating it. What makes you think you do? LL https://www.google.com/#q=aapl You don't have to own stock in the company, either. It has no effect on knowledge. Lois Tell Warren Buffet or Bill gates. Bill by the way believes in intelligent design, as he has described the DNA code as resembling an advanced computer code, that has four characters instead of the two we use today. But hey, what does he know Citation, please.
Not so hard to understand. Both humans and vehicles need oxygen to function. What's so weird about that? Do you think there is some magic involved? How did you get down from the mountain? Lois No it is not magic, but the combustion engine is a machine that needs oxygen, electricity and fuel...... You need oxygen in your lungs, electricity between your brains neurons and fuel to create various kinds of chemical energy and for the electricity between those neurons. Also as the engine works it creates heat....just as your muscles do as well. I drove down the mountain, and as I did the vehicle gained power, when I got down the mountain, I gained power as well. Does the possibility exist, that humankind can not build anything at all, that has not been built before, remembering that when the first two specks of space dust that would become the Earth joined some 5 or so billion years ago, that the Universe was already 8 billion years old? How about the ipad? Of course you can define it practically out of existence, where everything is just its component parts so you can say everything is made of space dust, including humans. Lois Don't own an ipad, but I might own some AAPL shares......! You don't have to own an iPad--or a jet plane--to understand the intelligence that went into creating it. What makes you think you do? LL https://www.google.com/#q=aapl You don't have to own stock in the company, either. It has no effect on knowledge. Lois Tell Warren Buffet or Bill gates. Bill by the way believes in intelligent design, as he has described the DNA code as resembling an advanced computer code, that has four characters instead of the two we use today. But hey, what does he know Citation, please. http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/336336-dna-is-like-a-computer-program-but-far-far-more “DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created." Bill Gates