Are dreams better than reality?

I mean why choose to be awake in a limited reality rather than one where anything is possible?

Breakfast. I love breakfast.

I usually need to pee in the morning. Rather do that while awake than asleep. Also, breakfast.

That doesn’t really answer my question.

The answer is obvious. So I said something obvious. Obviously.
Maybe you should try engaging people in a way that’s different from how you have in past. Then you might not get these types of answers.

The serious answer is reality, because the universe is stranger than we can imagine.

The serious answer is reality, because the universe is stranger than we can imagine.
and more wondrous !

seriously though.
It’s a great question.

I mean why choose to be awake in a limited reality rather than one where anything is possible?
Considering all the opium dens and such that have existed, obviously you can live much of your life in a dream right from your bedroom. Especially now with computers and an ugly world that scares many into their dens. You know in younger decades when I waited tables and such and you know 'service' is a performance - we good servers appreciated the performance aspect, which included intros, a few questions, some jokes, always fluid to who was sitting at the table. Sometimes near silence is appropriate, sometimes you can pull out all the stops and the audience takes you to unexpected heights. (I could make the desert menu sound like a trip to Shangri-La) All in good fun. Because life is worth experiencing in the moment. One of my sweetheart lines when folks would ask me about my travels and such, was: I love turning dreams into memories. Not sure that answers your question, but it still sounds good to me. :cheese: You're fun because you struggle with all the basic stuff. Boy did a dream vacation for you just come to mind. Don't know if they still do them, but get a two week greyhound bus pass. Take along ZEN and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and another couple. Take that bus across the country and back. Bet you there ain't no trip in our bedroom you could take that would match that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_and_the_Art_of_Motorcycle_Maintenance Serious two lousy weeks, what a kick in the ass? That'll do you. ;-)

Except the real world is so dull. In a dream you can have what you want an do anything, be with anyone. Magic is just one thing that comes to mind, or flying without planes, and no harm.
And this universe isn’t wondrous, is limited (also that’s a personal opinion not a reason).

That doesn't make it interesting or worth living in.
And this universe isn't wondrous, is limited (also that's a personal opinion not a reason).
True enough it all comes down to what you choose to be present to.
And this universe isn't wondrous, is limited (also that's a personal opinion not a reason).
True enough it all comes down to what you choose to be present to. Not exactly. It's a limited place bound by laws. Plus I think this explains where I'm coming from: http://lucidability.com/dreams-vs-reality/
True enough it all comes down to what you choose to be present to. Not exactly. It's a limited place bound by laws. Plus I think this explains where I'm coming from: http://lucidability.com/dreams-vs-reality/Ah, lucid dreaming. That is something which woo merchants have co-opted even though there's no evidence it exists as most people think. There is evidence] that a limited consciousness is sometimes possible while dreaming, though no evidence that we can actually control the dreams.
Except the real world is so dull. In a dream you can have what you want an do anything, be with anyone. Magic is just one thing that comes to mind, or flying without planes, and no harm. And this universe isn't wondrous, is limited (also that's a personal opinion not a reason).
So, you think you give reasons? Is that right?
True enough it all comes down to what you choose to be present to. Not exactly. It's a limited place bound by laws. Plus I think this explains where I'm coming from: http://lucidability.com/dreams-vs-reality/Ah, lucid dreaming. That is something which woo merchants have co-opted even though there's no evidence it exists as most people think. There is evidence] that a limited consciousness is sometimes possible while dreaming, though no evidence that we can actually control the dreams.Oh yeah babe, The Dreamer and the Dreamed. Fun stuff there. But would you really want to live in it? https://toltecwarrior.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/stalking-and-dreaming/ How ironic, the picture on that blog reminds me of scene where I finally achieved that meditative 'oneness' - scared the shit out of me. Not a nice place that universe. Too foreign. Too lonely. Too empty. End of my deep mediative attempts. I discovered for myself reality was just fine for me. Save that other shit for after I die. {oh, the memories these conversations lead to}
True enough it all comes down to what you choose to be present to. Not exactly. It's a limited place bound by laws. Plus I think this explains where I'm coming from: http://lucidability.com/dreams-vs-reality/Ah, lucid dreaming. That is something which woo merchants have co-opted even though there's no evidence it exists as most people think. There is evidence] that a limited consciousness is sometimes possible while dreaming, though no evidence that we can actually control the dreams. There actually is proof that lucid dreaming exists, not to mention tons of accounts of people actually doing it.
Except the real world is so dull.
That right there is your problem. The real world is not dull to most of us living in affluent societies. Perhaps you should seek physiological counseling.
Except the real world is so dull.
That right there is your problem. The real world is not dull to most of us living in affluent societies. Perhaps you should seek physiological counseling. I think it's because most people don't see the appeal of fantasy. Besides, how can a opinion be a problem? Just because someone finds real life dull doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Just be careful what you wish. You might find yourself stuck in a dream where you’re a robot named Arthur parking cars at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Seriously, I have found that people who think life is boring either lack imagination or have psychological problems such as depression.

Just be careful what you wish. You might find yourself stuck in a dream where you're a robot named Arthur parking cars at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Seriously, I have found that people who think life is boring either lack imagination or have psychological problems such as depression.
Or they see life for how limited it really is only to be tormented by their imagination (because compared to what the mind dreams up reality is lacking). I think people find it interesting because they don't have a good imagination.